Would you trust the Cash Machine?

[u][b]Fears grow over cash mahchine fraud![/b][/u]

More and more people are worried about withdrawing cash from ATM machines, according to a new survey.
More than 75% of those polled for Lloyds TSB said they were concerned about 'skimming'.
This is where fraudsters attach devices that can read card details and copy pin numbers.
Only 37% of people said they felt confident of spotting a machine that had been tampered with.
And 20% said they had changed their mind about using an ATM because they thought it had a skimming device attached to it.
Lloyds TSB said it had attached anti-skimming devices at its cash machines across the country in a bid to combat the crime.
Matthew Timms, from Lloyds TSB, said: "Cash machine fraud is a concern and we need to use all available weapons to fight back."
Nearly £66m was lost in fraud at cash machines last year.

(Discuss)

I thought loses run into the billion's or is that a global figure ??

The alternative is using cash machine at the local corner shop, but private ATM charge a small fee

But the big Question is would you trust the cash machine after this?

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

"Mez" wrote:
But the big Question is would you trust the cash machine after this?

yes

I'm so careless at times i wouldnt even have a prob with asking a stranger to give me a hand if the machine stands playing up

If your worried bout people using the machinery to see what your pin number is all you gota do is make sure one of your hand covers the number keypad properly and enter the pin with the other hand, i supose sometimes they could fluke your hand movements but not likely to be correct, remember they only get 3 shots at it!

but.....silly goose....there are those things that copy your card details....which is dangerous, and cud be cameras watching

and you could get mugged whilst using it!

but then again, who gives a hooot....i use em all the tym

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Fresh Prince" wrote:
but.....silly goose....there are those things that copy your card details....which is dangerous, and cud be cameras watching

Well dispute the payments with your bank :roll:

Cash machines are great dunno what i wud do without them, i dont find it worrying at all to be honest. If my money is going to go its gona go. I earned it in a halal manner and if it gets stolen then it will come back to me via othere means.

ive seen someone with my own eyes get out a machine and stick it into the cash point and get out lots of money :shock:

also they stick little cameras bt the cash points that zoom in when you press the pin, they then see you type your pin , stick in a replica card and type your pin and crab your money :shock:

[b]so always cover your pin , even if no one is around[/b]

"Angel" wrote:
"Fresh Prince" wrote:

Well dispute the payments with your bank :roll:

Cash machines are great dunno what i wud do without them, i dont find it worrying at all to be honest. If my money is going to go its gona go. I earned it in a halal manner and if it gets stolen then it will come back to me via othere means.

i agree Dirol

thats money for u

easy come and easy go

i was watchin a programme on this a couple of days ago and they were showin how easy it is once they get ur pin the make a replica of ur card and the man demonstrating used a orange top up card to cash out money. i never usually bothered shielding my pin but im more careful knw.

lol,

this reminds me of a funny situation when a friend of mine was withdrawing some cash... as he was doing this i began shouting random numbers.... and then [b]SHREAKED [size=18]£300,000![/size][/b]

LOL, but no one did anything.... Lol

Back in BLACK

"Angel" wrote:

Thats a FANTASTIC point Sis, on the rare occasions when I face money loss...I also percieve it as Sadqa that I've given away which I KNOW will return to me via some other means.

And I'm very strict with only earning/spending halaal money. I always return money to work when they over pay me at times...if ones income is halaal there'll always be blessings in ones money.

Such a person can never face loss.