Hey Big Spender

A coffee here, a taxi there, a lottery ticket at the weekend – we take our little treats for granted.

But if we knew what they really cost us, we might not be so carefree with our money.
According to research from CreditExpert.co.uk, the average person fritters away a horrifying £57,434 on non-essentials during their working lifetime.

If the money from those treats were instead used for additional mortgage repayments, the average mortgage term would be cut by eight years.

The research, conducted by Canvasse Opinion during February, shows that we waste £1,222 every year on non-essential items such as take-away coffees and soft drinks, daytime snacks, lottery tickets, taxis and gym memberships that are never used.

The biggest spenders are 26 to 35-year-olds, who splash out £1,492 on those little extras each year.

Even pensioners aren’t immune from a dose of retail therapy, spending £718 a year on indulgences.

People in the South East were the most likely to treat themselves, spending an average of £1,596 on unnecessary bits and pieces each year.

The prudent people of the South West only spent £1,024 on little treats.

[url=

Are YOU a money waster? Do you often find yourself spending money on things that you can so do without? If so, what are you money wasting indulgences?

I think coffee shops sometimes are ridiculously over priced, but when I want a break and a day out with friends….that’s where I go. Also, I have at times out of laziness went to work in a taxi instead of travelling on buses.

I often yell at my sister for wasting so much money buying water in Uni, why buy water?!!

I've been wanting to join this gym for ages...the only thing that puts me off forking out the money for monthly membership is cos I KNOW that I won't have time to go there reg so I'll be wasting a lot of money..

So, yeah...how carefree/careful are you with your money?

coudlnt care less about money

money come, money go - i'll live

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

i agree, spend it whilst you've got it

Yeah money comes and goes - its the best when you have the money to come and go like when your wage comes through but not anymore Cray 2

I love spending - i mostly get things i need but then at times i kinda go crazy and get anythin that i want even when i dont need it..

oh yeh i wudnt pay for water ONLY because i dont like mineral water. I only love tap water

I do not care much about money, but I have estimated for myself that in the past year I may have spent upto £2,000 on taxi's.

And then there are the times I catch the bus, treats etc...

I should have taken lessons and brought a car for that!

Apart from that I am very careful about money. I rarely buy anything unless essential. I hate shopping.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Ugh.. this is just reinforcing the extravagance of a recent purchase.

I need to curb my spending binge

"Fresh Prince" wrote:
coudlnt care less about money

y - is it your dad's? Blum 3

"Admin" wrote:
Apart from that I am very careful about money. I rarely buy anything unless essential. I hate shopping.

same here.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

My own sister has called me parsimonious :?

I don’t like to squander my money Cray 2

You needa spread the love, Its important not to get attached to money.

If you're one of those ppl who look after the money, saving up for "something" when infact theyre not saving up for nothing, they r jus saving, its a dangerous habit. Makes you wanna giv less to charity, makes you stingy with dinero Ya DIGG

Dirol

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

I wouldnt necessarily say its a complete waste of money.

I spend money where necessary, but also indulge in a few luxiouries. I may not necessarily NEED them, but i WANT them and if i can AFFORD it, and its not something that HARMFUL or something above the £100.00 mark... then i'll buy it. I dont obviously go crazy, mostly spend on things like petrol, food, clothes, CDs, DVDs etc.

But ive cut back on the last three as im saving money at the mo.

Heres a question: [b]Q[/b]. Who spends money on OTHER people? And is that just as bad??

Back in BLACK

I don’t consider myself a wasteful spender (except with take aways/eating out). But I dislike saving money…so if I have money I spend it, if I don’t I go without.

If I don’t need anything for myself, then I spend on my loved one.

Charity and spending on others always put barkah (blessings) in ones money.

But sometimes when I do my accounts I can’t figure what where my money went esp when I have nothing to show for it… :?

"MuslimSister" wrote:

But sometimes when I do my accounts I can’t figure what where my money went esp when I have nothing to show for it… :?

Have you tried checking behind and under the sofa? Wink

my money gets spent buying ice creams on baby sis :roll:

I've always been yelled at for having a "loose hand" I always spend all my money on the most stupid things

"MuslimSister" wrote:

That happens to me very often, its like I have loads of money in my account and the next time I look I have a shock.

The worse thing is I have registerd my mobile fone to my debit card, so every time I top it up money gets taken out without me actually physically taking money out - its soo annoyin....

I used to spend so much money on choco's/crips but since i have stopped eating i realised how much I can actually save lol

Also my little bro always comes up to me and asks me for money and I normally give it to him.

can i have some ? Smile Wink Blum 3

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Fresh Prince" wrote:

What ice cream or money?

both?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Angel" wrote:
"Fresh Prince" wrote:

What ice cream or money?

Both... preferably ice-cream first

Back in BLACK

That just proves that men are GREEDY :twisted:

Ice-cream yeah but money - dont you work!?

"Angel" wrote:
That just proves that men are GREEDY :twisted:

Ice-cream yeah but money - dont you work!?

Not really it just proves moneys one of those things you can never have enough of.

Yes i work but if you're just throwing it away...

Is that a yes then?

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:

Not really it just proves moneys one of those things you can never have enough of.

Yes i work but if you're just throwing it away...

Is that a yes then?

ok where exactly did i state i was giving money out? Are people seeing things :twisted:

If u want ice-cream thats cool, if i had money to give i would after all charity is a good deed in Islam Blum 3

begging does not suit the chacter of a REAL man Dirol

no does being a scrooge :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Answering back to ones elders doesnt suit little girls either.

:roll:

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Answering back to ones elders doesnt suit little girls either.

and who the hell have I answered back to?

ok who/what do u spend money on most

1- yourself
2 -others ie parents/siblings/cousins/friends etc
3 - clothes
4 -jewellery
5 -handbags
6 -make-up
7 -pointless stuff
8 -shoes/slippers/trainers etc
9 - gunjoos - (meanin dont spend at all!)

I think number 1/2/3/6/8 apply to me mainly and at times 7

All those who are the number 2 category your my best mates and you will be shortly recieving an email informing you of my b'day Blum 3 and number 9, ah i wont even bother!

"Angel" wrote:
ok who/what do u spend money on most

1- yourself
2 -others ie parents/siblings/cousins/friends etc
3 - clothes
4 -jewellery
5 -handbags
6 -make-up
7 -pointless stuff
8 -shoes/slippers/trainers etc
9 - gunjoos - (meanin dont spend at all!)

Lol-all of them except for number 9...and I don't spend a lot of money on make up. If you buy an eye shadow or eyeliner once it can last for at least a year or more

I'm big on hijaabs as well and eating out...

But I'm very, very fussy in all of the above. I'll only buy something if I really love it...which isnt often.