Religion or culture?

salaam

In the next issue of The Revival we are hoping to cover the issue of culture and religion...

so, what cultures are people aware of that exist today which totally contradict Islam?

and which cultures that exist today are not unislamic?

and does culture matter?

discuss...

wasalaam

Are Chavs considered a culture??

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
Are Chavs considered a culture??

they are and they fit into the culture of bad taste

excellent topic to cover but i would have ecpected more debate and comments :? as this is a big problem :!:

firstly weddings

forced marraiges , very cultural but unislamic

then wedding ritauls that stem from hinduism
e.g. marnias, mendhi thel - you know putting mithai in mouths, oiling hair , throwing money ect, then you have the weddings which normally involve bollywood music , dancing and video cameras not to mention a recently increase of mix weddings where males and females are not segregated

honour killings or killing for dignity

strange religous customs

e.g. brevlis, dilbars, shrines, bowing to graves, worshiping halva ect

marrying cousins-not being allowed to marry outside family

and CASTES SYSTEMS

e.g. jatts,raja, gujjars... being proud of being a caste , looking down on other castes, putting castes in front of religion

"raf786" wrote:

there is gona be no dissing of "brevli's" and i think your takin this halva "worshipin" too far, people were just jokin about that :roll:

"Angel" wrote:
"raf786" wrote:

there is gona be no dissing of "brevli's" and i think your takin this halva "worshipin" too far, people were just jokin about that :roll:

I think the safe thing to do is stay quiet about it i dont want to be the cause of another intersect dissing debate and ive seen something similar to halva worshiping with my own eyes on t.v. , im sure i mentioned it before here, ok ignore that bit but look at all the other cultural points i made

"raf786" wrote:
excellent topic to cover but i would have ecpected more debate and comments :? as this is a big problem :!:

its also a rinsed out topic - i'm sure we had a coupla other threads along the same line...

BUT ed made this one to get input for the mag, so i'll find the other threads and post up the links here...

edit:
[url= Killings[/url]

[url='Your Family and your Deen'[/url]

[url=

[url='Are Muslims Backwards?'[/url]

[url= Hijaab and The Jeans[/url]

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

RAF I asked someone about mania's.

That is actually islamic.

The whole point of it was to get the future bride and groom to get to know each other in a halaal environment. with the family there.

then again it depends on what you do. same with the others.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

...how did you post that at 4:31

[edit] The forum clock is off by 2 minutes admin.

nothing I can do about the forum clock... it goes by the server time...

[EDIT]

This post shows the right time...

u sure your pc aint lying?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You're right - it's lying. I synchronized it with the nist.gov site rather than the microsoft servers and it's two minutes faster.

Man that was driving me crazy

so the govis lying to you...

:shock:

Be afraid. Be veerry afraaaaid!

Salam

"Angel" wrote:
there is gona be no dissing of "brevli's" and i think your takin this halva "worshipin" too far...

I'm with angel on this one.

No edible thing is ever worshipped.

Can you imagine me eating something to which people bow.

I would do it !!

And, if they were to get angry with me, I would simply tell them to wait until it comes out.

Omrow

i had carrot halwa this weekend, first time i've had it. was quite nice, but very sweet. I was looking forward to Pakistani sweet rice though, i love that!!!, need to get my mate to show me how to make it Wink

"yashmaki" wrote:
i had carrot halwa this weekend, first time i've had it. was quite nice, but very sweet. I was looking forward to Pakistani sweet rice though, i love that!!!, need to get my mate to show me how to make it Wink

I do not eat carrot halwa.

Not because its not good, but most places get it from sweet shops.

They put so much sugar in that it hurts my throat! (and I cannot stand it. may aswell eat sugar!)

However when made properly, it is pretty good.

Islamic culture has always ruined my life. I would like to see an article condemning this topic.

Yikes... sounds like this marriage situation is getting out of hand. Are you okay Ramz?

"Ramz" wrote:
Islamic culture has always ruined my life.

You mean indian/Pakistani culture has ruined your life.

I don't believe Islam has a culture.

"Ramz" wrote:
Islamic culture has always ruined my life. I would like to see an article condemning this topic.

Or maybe you never lived it properly?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Ramz" wrote:
Islamic culture has always ruined my life.

You mean indian/Pakistani culture has ruined your life.

or Bengali culture in Ramz's case...

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

or hybrid 'borg' culture.

Or a bit of rain...

We can aways blame something else. Afterall there is always plenty of blame everywhere that can be assigned to anyone.