Magic in Physics

Salaam

good topic I think.

especially when you get to the theories. Such as quantum Mechanics.

As an example:

Quote:
[size=18]Quantum computer solves problem, without running[/size]

By combining quantum computation and quantum interrogation, scientists at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign have found an exotic way of determining an answer to an algorithm – without ever running the algorithm.

Using an optical-based quantum computer, a research team led by physicist Paul Kwiat has presented the first demonstration of “counterfactual computation,” inferring information about an answer, even though the computer did not run. The researchers report their work in the Feb. 23 issue of the journal Nature.

[url=

This article is technical jargon.

What happened?

"Admin" wrote:
Salaam

good topic I think.

especially when you get to the theories. Such as quantum Mechanics.

As an example:

Quote:
[size=18]Quantum computer solves problem, without running[/size]

By combining quantum computation and quantum interrogation, scientists at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign have found an exotic way of determining an answer to an algorithm – without ever running the algorithm.

Using an optical-based quantum computer, a research team led by physicist Paul Kwiat has presented the first demonstration of “counterfactual computation,” inferring information about an answer, even though the computer did not run. The researchers report their work in the Feb. 23 issue of the journal Nature.

[url=

what the!!!

typical Mr Admin post

God knows his intrests and what he's chatting about :roll:

I think it's either about some sort of computer... or mathematic function that does not require it to function to work.

Or something...

Perhaps the computer geeks can translate for us?

"Augustus" wrote:
This article is technical jargon.

What happened?

It mean that the computer didnt have to actually run or perform the task (algorithm) it jus knew the answer, cuz it "thought" about it.

So its tryna say this particular computer has a brain. But I bet they giv it an easy Algo. Bet I could crash the damn thing.

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

Thank you Razor.

Now that I know what the article is about... I think i'm going to build an underground bunker.

Just in case.

No that is not what I am saying.

Quantum physics is bonkers.

Just imagined there was a quantum light. it would be both on and off at the same time.

You may either see light, or not. and someone next to you may see the opposite. If you swapped places, the experiences may not swap...

Its all crazy. Everything is probable. You could turn into a frog. Or disappear. or split into two.

Or know the answerr, but not the question...

I was talking in general about Quantum physics. That above was a recent case that is being highlighted.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.