RAP SINGERS

"iram" wrote:
IS TUPAC A MUSLIM PEOPLE OUT DER???????

Tupac shakur his full name. Shakur is an Arabic name but his music is far from what I would call Islamic.

His father was a member of Nation of Islam and a Black Panther, if I’m not mistaken, they are not considered to be Muslim (NOI) but a deviant sect.

If you listen to his music, you will hear the amount of blasphemy spewed from his tongue,

Alhamdulilah my Jahiliyyah days are over........

From what I've heard he was named after a south american king.

"salaf" wrote:
From what I've heard he was named after a south american king.

Probably Emperor Amaru, he was the last king of the incas. But it could be any of them since they had the same core set of royal names.

One of the singer from his backup group the Outlawz was a Muslim, Napolean. He now a solo artist and is pumping out music free from cursing and profanities. He ain't too bad as well.

To be honest quite a few of the rapper use to use word such as te Quran and Allah in their lyric like Nas, but they were by no mean muslims. But there are quite a few black muslim rapper out there.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
One of the singer from his backup group the Outlawz was a Muslim, Napolean. He now a solo artist and is pumping out music free from cursing and profanities. He ain't too bad as well.

To be honest quite a few of the rapper use to use word such as te Quran and Allah in their lyric like Nas, but they were by no mean muslims. But there are quite a few black muslim rapper out there.

Nas is Christian

"Augustus" wrote:

Nas is Christian

I think Nas father reverted to Islam?

I know Mos Def is a Muslims...... Have you heard of preacher Moss?

His father was NOI and abandoned him as a child. Although he does have a NOI flavor, he's Christian.

Carry the Cross was one of his better CDs.

Mos Def is a total genius, there was a new movie he's going to be in I wanted to see... can't remember that off the top of my head.

This may be slightly off topic, but carrying a cross makes him a Christians?

"(*_Shazan" wrote:

It's a profession of Christian theology, as is God's Son.

I've always gotten the impression he was Christian heavily influenced by religious/political doctrines from the five-percenters.

"Augustus" wrote:
"(*_Shazan" wrote:

It's a profession of Christian theology, as is God's Son.

I've always gotten the impression he was Christian heavily influenced by religious/political doctrines from the five-percenters.

I remember him once saying he wasn't anything.

"salaf" wrote:
I remember him once saying he wasn't anything.

Certainly acts that way.

"Augustus" wrote:

I'm not sure about wearing a cross makes you a Christian- I’ll research this.

Five- Percenters a splinter group from NOI- that's where Muslim who like rap music often make a mistake of associating them with Islam because some of 5% teachings are taken from Islam but misinterpreted.

There was a 5% on the MPAC forum!

I heard the MPAC rap group, on their front page they had a link to a rap song which was about palestine, it was simply brilliant.

Also, therz a group called Blakstone, pretty decent, "islamic Rap" as they like to call it.

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"Augustus" wrote:

I'm not sure about wearing a cross makes you a Christian- I’ll research this.

Five- Percenters a splinter group from NOI- that's where Muslim who like rap music often make a mistake of associating them with Islam because some of 5% teachings are taken from Islam but misinterpreted.

There was a 5% on the MPAC forum!

A cross or crucifix is a statement of belief, think of it like your Shahada. It's tells others and reminds us of our Lord's sacrifice for our sins.

I suppose one could wear it in jest like or in ignorance "Deeyah," but they would have to be near culturally deaf not to know its meaning. And considering Nas' mother Ann Jones is Christian I find it difficult to believe the meaning escaped him.

The five percenters are given the name due to their belief that 5% of all people are enlightened - sort of like Hindus and Moksha.

"Augustus" wrote:

A cross or crucifix is a statement of belief, think of it like your Shahada. It's tells others and reminds us of our Lord's sacrifice for our sins.

Declaration a testimony of faith, said with our tongues and felt in our hearts- that isn’t a fashion statement

Your watch is a fashion statement, the cross is not. When you wear it you are inwardly and outwardly professing your faith and obedience to Christ. There is no hiding it. Many have lost their lives as a result.

"Augustus" wrote:
Your watch is a fashion statement, the cross is not. When you wear it you are inwardly and outwardly professing your faith and obedience to Christ. There is no hiding it. Many have lost their lives as a result.

A decorative cross with diamonds and peals coated in opulence- has only one real meaning.

I’ve seen people wear a cross just because it’s the fashionable thing to do.

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
A decorative cross with diamonds and peals coated in opulence- has only one real meaning.

I refer you back to "ignorance and jest"

"Augustus" wrote:
"(*_Shazan" wrote:

I refer you back to "ignorance and jest"

:?:

Didn’t Tupac have tattoo’s of Cross and quotation from Exodus. Does that make him appear like a Christian when he has openly admitted to breaking all the ten commandments?

I don't understand your point.

"Augustus" wrote:
I don't understand your point.

I'm not trying to make a point, just an opportunity for me to talk with a pious Christian.

Can a Christian be considered a Christians when his actions contradict the teachings of the Bible?

That depends on how you define a Christian; one who believes in Christianity or one who follows Christ. They are two seperate things, but there is interplay between them.

Christian is just a word, To be a Christian is to subscribe to a certain group of beliefs.

Many of us are Christian but do not follow Christ at different points in time and for various distances - it doesn't mean we no longer subscribe to those beliefs but it does mean we are no longer following the way.

Following Christ is something different - they are related but not the same.

Christ told us he is the way to the father and the way to heaven, that we must guard against falling astray, and that if we fall astray he would leave the entire flock just to get us back.

And since Christ never gives up on us - those of us who fall off the way are not forgotten or shunned or reduced in value to Christ since he desperately wants to bring them back. So a person could reject everything Christianity teaches - no longer be Christian, but still would be loved and wanted by Christ.

So I suppose a Christian who contradicts by action (but not belief) the teachings of Christianity is still a Christian in both circumstances.