Mouse Or Real Man?

MERCY FOR HUSBAND

A HENPECKED husband who hurled a frozen ready meal at his wife, breaking her cheekbone, walked free from court yesterday.

Peter Rowland, 58, finally snapped when spouse Patricia berated him for getting one carton of fruit juice from the fridge instead of two.

It was said he was so under the thumb he was not even allowed to boil the kettle.

Rowland, of South Ockenden, Essex, admitted assault and got 18 months' community rehabilitation at Snaresbrook crown court. Judge John Platt said: "You're not violent."

[url=

how DARE the court show mercy to a man who physically abused his wife-on the basis that he's been taking crap from her all his life? :roll:

yeah but sounds like he was being mentally abused by her, what's worse i don't know. I mean why is the guy forbidden from putting on the kettle, what he may forget to put the water in :roll:

Being hit once by a frozen meal isn't exactly wife battery is it?. Was he a persistent offender? Maybe she wanted fast food, he delivered it swiftly lol.

What a nutter she must be going barmy coz he got out one carton instead of two?

I feel sorry for the guy, the court did him justice...i'm gona get attacked for this oh no :shock:

if he was taking crap frm her for years he shuda stood up for himself and divorced the women years ago

she wasnt PHYSICALLY attacking him was she?

IMO being hit on the face with a frozen meal and having ur cheekbone broken is wife beating

i fail to see the humour in such an act :roll:

but maybe u have higher tolerance for stuff like this-i def dont

Oh my! The guy should have stood up for himself, what a wimp and on top of that the coward hits his wife. Thats wat you call a mouse not a man.

Oh i hate guys who think its fine well to abuse their wives :evil:

"Angel" wrote:

Oh i hate guys who think its fine well to abuse their wives :evil:

exactly

and persistant nagging or dissing is no exuse

if a man is being bothered by his wife he shud tell her to shut up or get lost-

but only a DOG would physically attack his woman-esp on the face

To be honest, if anything it shows how pathetic the guy is! He hit her - thats embarasin cuz hes a wife basher and on top of that he was shown to be a wimp cuz he was under his wife's thumb. I dont know how he can show his face in public

"yashmaki" wrote:
Maybe she wanted fast food, he delivered it swiftly lol.
Lol
girls, i doubt he intended to break her cheekbone... :roll: but as the article said, he 'snapped', and that does not mean one gives a perfectly calm, collected reply - when one 'snaps', the reply is almost always extreme. ofcourse wot the guy did was wrong, but u cant call him a 'wife-basher' for goodness sake, if he was one he would've hit her the first time she nagged him! cut him some slack girls... :?

the woman was stupid to be nagging her husband 24/7... :roll: (ofcourse noone deserves to have their cheekbone broken, but she was stupid all the same)

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
how DARE the court show mercy to a man who physically abused his wife-on the basis that he's been taking crap from her all his life? :roll:
u know, for a second there i actually thought u were being sarcastic... Lol

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

One hit does it dust, one hit and he might do it again had she remained with him. Well not hit but snap of anger, i hate it when men are angry its scary :?

"Angel" wrote:
One hit does it dust, one hit and he might do it again had she remained with him. Well not hit but snap of anger, i hate it when men are angry its scary :?
but ur just speaking hypothetically then, in which case its even more unfair to label him a 'wife-basher'. yes, some men are really scary when angry, so y make them angry for no reason?

and i know a couple who had a spat when the wife insulted her hubby's mom to his face and he slapped her in his moment of anger. she called her brothers who then called the police and the guy ended up in prison for the night... to cut the long story short, they both regretted their actions, are happily married with 3 kids.
people, men and women, make mistakes in their moments of anger - it isn't the end of the world, the better of them are those who overcome this by accepting their mistakes and moving on.

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:
but ur just speaking hypothetically then, in which case its even more unfair to label him a 'wife-basher'. yes, some men are really scary when angry, so y make them angry for no reason?

Why do men carryin on hittin women, cuz they feel they can get away with it, such things can be nipped in the bud. That women had her hubby under her thumb and if he thinks yeh another abuse will put her right, he will do it.

Yes people do snap but the fact is you have to control yourself - the women was hurt it counts as abuse well it should be, he broke her jaw, he wasnt exactly throwin a stuffed toy at her.

If you have to hit your wife you've already failed as a husband and a man to begin with. A wife should feel compelled to listen to her husband's authority sheerly because she respects him.

Salam

Sensible women know their limits.

Others have to be informed either with words or with wands.

Especially the wands that don't do magic.

Omrow

something that women often ignore is the fact that there are women who beat their husbands/partners. Ironically society would call these men whimps too, simply for not retalliating. They don't hit back coz they love their wives, or feel it's not right to hit a woman. If however he retalliated, in defence, he would get called a wife basher. Guys can't win either way.

They can play the nice guy for so long then they will eventually snap. If a woman was mentally abused for days on end i'm sure she would freak out too, it's not just a male reaction. Look for examples of it in the media there are plenty out there. Women aren't always the innocent victims.

I don't think the orginal post gives enough informtion on the case, for anyone to make a sound judgement on the intention of the bloke or the woman. People are liable to snap at time and lose sight of reality for a spilt second, but over a agrument over bringing one less carton of juice, i don't know :roll:

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yashmaki" wrote:
something that women often ignore is the fact that there are women who beat their husbands/partners. Ironically society would call these men whimps too, simply for not retalliating. They don't hit back coz they love their wives, or feel it's not right to hit a woman. If however he retalliated, in defence, he would get called a wife basher. Guys can't win either way.

They can play the nice guy for so long then they will eventually snap. If a woman was mentally abused for days on end i'm sure she would freak out too, it's not just a male reaction. Look for examples of it in the media there are plenty out there. Women aren't always the innocent victims.

yea exactly - dont u guys remember the story of that punjabi woman who had a wife-beating husband, and a day came when she just couldnt take it anymore, snapped, and ended up killing him. she went to prison, for murder, i think...

years ago i used to watch eastenders, sad i know ahaha. But do you guys remember pauline fowler hitting her husband arthur with a frying pan, that was lethal, he nearly died from it :shock: I still hate pauline for that loool

"yashmaki" wrote:
years ago i used to watch eastenders, sad i know ahaha. But do you guys remember pauline fowler hitting her husband arthur with a frying pan, that was lethal, he nearly died from it :shock: I still hate pauline for that loool
:shock: Lol [size=7](i've never watched eastenders but the way u put it sounded hilarious...)[/size]

"yashmaki" wrote:
But do you guys remember pauline fowler hitting her husband arthur with a frying pan, that was lethal, he nearly died from it :shock: I still hate pauline for that loool

Lol

That wasn’t years ago, more like 2 decades ago, I remember all to well…………

"yashmaki" wrote:
gosh im so old Lol

Remember little Moe?

She beat Trevor with an Iron; like in the film Psycho when Norman bates hit his mother with a shovel. Sad

Or it could have been her sister: Kat-

lol thats freakn hilarious.

Of all things he throws a frozen meal to her..hahahaha... i shouldnt lauf i know.
Firstly the guys an idiot for allowing his wife to get away with it for this long. No offense girls but no one shud hav to put up with someone like that guy or girl.
Maybe he put up with her bcoz he loved her, maybe he was scared of his wife, maybe he was trying to be patient with her and see if she changes by herself who knows. Fact is watever it was it didnt work. When he should have put his foot down and been firm with her the first time none of this would have happened. crazy woman.

Do i think it was abuse?? not really he doesnt fit the m.o. Was he wrong in what he did... yes no doubt. But like the Judge said he aint a violent man. The sentance was reasonable and acceptable.

And abuse doesnt necessarily have to be physical.

Back in BLACK

How can any woman love or respect a man who settles disputes using violence?

Yes, the wife was in the wrong too. However, this doesn’t justify his actions.

If he has to hit her to encourage this "respect" he probably never had it. I'd like my wife to respect me because i'm a good man, not because I can break her jaw.

It makes me wonder why she never respected him in the first place…he doesn’t seem very deserving of respect. :?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
It makes me wonder why she never respected him in the first place…he doesn’t seem very deserving of respect. :?

Well she sounds like a real prize herself. Sounds like a marriage that shouldn't have happened...

True. But he was 58…obviously married for years.

There must be something good in their marriage…long marriages are a blessing esp in the day and age we live in.

My parents have been married a long time and they can't stand each other. I don't know if they ever did. Although one time my dad had a heart attack and she thought he was going to die. It was really strange because she seemed confused a little bit lost relieved sad scared all at the same time and when he was okay she seemed genuinely relieved. I thought for a minute their marriage was possibly something more but i'm no longer of that opinion.

Sometimes people just need some kind of companionship, and will stick through abnormal stuff just to fulfill that need.

"Augustus" wrote:

Sometimes people just need some kind of companionship, and will stick through abnormal stuff just to fulfill that need.

True. But the people in our parents generation were way diff to us...divorce was never a option, expectations were lower and they had higher tolerance.

Whether this was good or bad can be debatable.

Salam

A real man does not slap his wife in order to get respect.

Whatever gave you people that idea ?

Its done to simply to instil a message.

Exactly same as why US is hitting Al Qaeda.

Omrow

Pages