What do you do when your sad?

74 posts / 0 new
Last post

Sadness lasts a day or two...its best just to ride it out.

In my opinion prolonged sadness manifests ungratefulness.

"*DUST*" wrote:
"naj" wrote:
Augustus...and i thought men were useless, pancakes dunno how to even make them...good job.

lol - u get ready-made pancake mix in the US. dear ol' Betty Crocker, wot would we do without her eh dave? Biggrin oh, actually Aunt Jemima's pancakes, with 'her' maple syrup, turn out the yummiest!! :shock: betty crocker's cake mixes are the best... Wink

OH....'''''surprise surprise eh dave.....

so useless they are Blum 3

mujahidah; that was a good poem .

"Augustus" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
oreos and milk are top btw!!

ohhhh man - even better when they are double stuffed!

Hey i thought you guys couldn't eat oreos - you know the cream is made with lard right?

:shock: no. way. :shock:

when did this happen??!! :shock:

last i checked oreos were still halaal... :? Sad
oh man... think i'm gonna be sick... [size=7](doesnt help that i'm already feeling ill...)[/size] [img]

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Augustus" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

Hey i thought you guys couldn't eat oreos - you know the cream is made with lard right?

oh man... think i'm gonna be sick... [size=7](doesnt help that i'm already feeling ill...)[/size] [img]

well... now i'm not sure - it seems they were made with lard at one time, but there is a new problem in that at some point in the process alcohol is used (though obviously evaporated).

Soo... basically i'm saying I dunno

Not feelin so good?! Whats up?

"Augustus" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
"Augustus" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

well... now i'm not sure - it seems they were made with lard at one time, but there is a new problem in that at some point in the process alcohol is used (though obviously evaporated).

Soo... basically i'm saying I dunno

Not feelin so good?! Whats up?

nout, just got a throbbing headache and sore throat - nothing unusual considering this is Britain i'm living in... Wink

ewww (re: lard). but about the 'alcohol', if its been thru a chemical process then its not considered haraam, summat like that, ask admin.
i'm sure oreos are'nt haraam tho, as my cousins and i luv em and we check the ingredients every so often - when we were kids we'd have competitions on how many oreos we can stuff into our mouths... Lol

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:

nout, just got a throbbing headache and sore throat - nothing unusual considering this is Britain i'm living in... Wink

ewww (re: lard). but about the 'alcohol', if its been thru a chemical process then its not considered haraam, summat like that, ask admin.
i'm sure oreos are'nt haraam tho, as my cousins and i luv em and we check the ingredients every so often - when we were kids we'd have competitions on how many oreos we can stuff into our mouths... Lol

Leave Britain.

[b][color=red]USA IS[/color] [color=white]BETTER!!![/color] [color=blue]YEAAAAAAAAAAAA HOOO[/color][/b]

*Ahem*

Sorry.

Biggrin

Sounds like [i]somebody[/i] might have seasonal [i]allergies[/i] - there is a lot of mold out this time of year, and it's amazing the weird things that can happen to insulation.

As for Oreos - never mind everything it looks like they were made with lard at one time in the distant past, now they are basically vanilla and pure sugar :shock: Biggrin :twisted:

hahha but it kinda sounds like your reasoning is "A just and loving God would never deprive me of Oreos"

Is this weird? - half a sleeve of oreos in a glass with milk then added and a spoon for enjoyment.

what is oreos never come across it befo ?

aero dying for sum.

"Augustus" wrote:
Leave Britain.

[b][color=red]USA IS[/color] [color=white]BETTER!!![/color] [color=blue]YEAAAAAAAAAAAA HOOO[/color][/b]

lol. wel last time i tried to do that^, they were less than welcoming... Blum 3

"Augustus" wrote:
Sounds like [i]somebody[/i] might have seasonal [i]allergies[/i] - there is a lot of mold out this time of year, and it's amazing the weird things that can happen to insulation.
nah, much simpler than that - just the common cold i reckon. been out today in the freezing cold without a good jacket [size=7](darn, another thing i stil havent got around to buying :roll:)[/size] and i always end up getting a sore throat wen i run around with the wind hitting me in the face (the wind here is real harsh)... :?

"Augustus" wrote:
As for Oreos - never mind everything it looks like they were made with lard at one time in the distant past, now they are basically vanilla and pure sugar :shock: Biggrin :twisted:
yeh exactly - bet u just mentioned the lard on purpose, to make me puke up! :evil:

Blum 3

"Augustus" wrote:
hahha but it kinda sounds like your reasoning is "A just and loving God would never deprive me of Oreos"
lol. Biggrin

"Augustus" wrote:
Is this weird? - half a sleeve of oreos in a glass with milk then added and a spoon for enjoyment.

:shock: dont tempt me, as i have none at hand to enjoy... Cray 2

Ewww.......

DAt looks nasty .....

a biscuit is that it lol sowwie.

Are the american typa bikkys

"*DUST*" wrote:
lol. wel last time i tried to do that^, they were less than welcoming... Blum 3

Right...

Well Bush won't be around for too much longer.

And neither will I if my complimentary domestic spy interprets that the wrong way :shock:

Quote:
nah, much simpler than that - just the common cold i reckon. been out today in the freezing cold without a good jacket [size=7](darn, another thing i stil havent got around to buying :roll:)[/size] and i always end up getting a sore throat wen i run around with the wind hitting me in the face (the wind here is real harsh)... :?

I [i]hear[/i] that this business of getting a cold from the cold is little else than an old wives tale, and that it's actually bacterial.

...i'm tellin you guys - bacteria - it's everywhere, you should be afraid!

Quote:
yeh exactly - bet u just mentioned the lard on purpose, to make me puke up! :evil:

Blum 3

hehhehehhheheh - so what if I did!

You can't prove it! You can't prove anything!!!

"naj" wrote:
Ewww.......

DAt looks nasty .....

...close up like that she does have a point - looks kinda nasty.

They're quite delicious though! - especially the double stuffed and mint

"naj" wrote:
Ewww.......

DAt looks nasty .....

oy! do not diss the oreo! :x Blum 3 and its a cookie not a bikkie!! :roll: Wink

seriously u dunno wot ur missing til u try it! ...like this:

[img]

lol you actually included a demonstration?

"Augustus" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

I [i]hear[/i] that this business of getting a cold from the cold is little else than an old wives tale, and that it's actually bacterial.

...i'm tellin you guys - bacteria - it's everywhere, you should be afraid!

[url= really?[/url] dunno where uv been [i]hearing[/i] from... Blum 3

"Augustus" wrote:
lol you actually included a demonstration?
ofcourse not - that 'demo' was a pic off google, as always! Lol

Well i'll be...

I wonder what the connection is!

Jaffa cakes all the way!

Repel this Oreo invasion!

Freedom!

(and not those jaffa cakes that are sold in many places...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

hmmmmmm Jaffa Cakes!!! Blum 3

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

"Mez" wrote:
hmmmmmm Jaffa Cakes!!! Blum 3

Silly girl... she hogs the entire box. And when my mom buys them Mez hides the box and eats them on her own!!!

greed git

Back in BLACK

"Admin" wrote:
Jaffa cakes all the way!

Repel this Oreo invasion!

Freedom!

(and not those jaffa cakes that are sold in many places...)

well if not the 'normal' (mcvities right) jaffa cakes, then which ones? :?

but, jaffa cakes...? bleurg! Blum 3

"*DUST*" wrote:
but, jaffa cakes...? bleurg! Blum 3

Ey ! jaffa cakes are so cool....im also a fan of 'jaffa cakes' :x

Personally, the weather does play a major role in how Im feeling. Even if Im not properly sad in winter - certainly feel more tired and lethargic when its dark and cloudy all day.

[url= Affected Disorder[/url]

I love sunshine and light, cant stand dark and gloomy rooms. Hence feel happier in summer even if got exams going on - I guess this is also one of the reasons why I enjoy pakistan/saudia.

If for some reason extra sad then personally I do something that takes me back to my childhood. Either I will watch chuckle brothers, or more commonly go to the park, play on the swings and feed the ducks. Alhamdulillah parks are good places to go and relax - especially just sitting and watching ducks paddling across the pond.

Ahem*

Thats bad looks like im suffering from some disorder...

i thght this thread was for depressing issues, we're talking about food :roll:
Let me put in my two cents worth then Wink

I was first introduced to betty crocker pancakes in America, went there for a college foreign exchange programme. My host was sooo nice bless her. All us Brit students took traditional loose English tea, miniture beautiful china tea cups and other things to do with old old England lol.

My host gave me amongst other things a box of betty crocker mix, and good old Canadian maple syrup. After I rammed the box down my throat, I spotted the Betty Crocker brand in my local supermarket in the UK. So look out for it, it's around in only some of the major supermarkets.

We love it so much, my brother made a late night trip to a supermarket one night, with some other bearded brothers. They were followed around the store by security, coz hey it was near midnight, they musta looked shifty. My brother cleaned the shelf of 2 dozen boxes of pancake mix, and 4 bottles of maple syrup ahahaha. Suffice to say i'm always well stocked with some.

Still like english pancakes sometimes too with sugar and lemon yum yum.

Ok i'll try and post summin on sadness a bit later

"Adil" wrote:
Personally, the weather does play a major role in how Im feeling. Even if Im not properly sad in winter - certainly feel more tired and lethargic when its dark and cloudy all day.

[url= Affected Disorder[/url]

I love sunshine and light, cant stand dark and gloomy rooms. Hence feel happier in summer even if got exams going on - I guess this is also one of the reasons why I enjoy pakistan/saudia.

If for some reason extra sad then personally I do something that takes me back to my childhood. Either I will watch chuckle brothers, or more commonly go to the park, play on the swings and feed the ducks. Alhamdulillah parks are good places to go and relax - especially just sitting and watching ducks paddling across the pond.

Wow that does make sense. Never really thought about the correllation but I do tend to get a little depressed during Winter.

that explains why brits are such misery guts. Take a good look at every person you pass tomorrow morning, i'm certain 9 out of 10 will have faces so long their jaws could drop off looool

I'm exempt from this of course coz my face is covered, but trust me i make an effort to smile, and ask after female strangers at the very least.

lol it is a depressing Island...

I find autumn depressing, and spring uplifting.

Autumn is depressing because you know soon it will be dark all the time.

Spring is uplifting because you know soon its gonna be light most of the time.

I also hate sundays because I know I have to go to work the next day. Monday is not as bad as sunday.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

salaam

i usually end up to lisenin to mellow songs, sad songs, not that it always helps lol actually makes things worse!!!!!!

Pages