The Best Opportunity to Change Our Lives Forever!

The Best Opportunity to Change Our Lives Forever!

Have you ever felt like having fresh new start again in life? Have you ever wished that all of your past sins were wiped out like you were a new born baby?

Have you ever felt like you just have not done enough for the Hereafter and that you have an empty good deed account that needs filling?

Have you also ever wanted to really get closer to Allah and to renew & strengthen your faith?

Well now is that opportunity. This is the perfect opportunity for us not only to have a fresh new start again in our lives but to have our entire lifetime sins wiped away like a new born baby and to have our good deed accounts filled to the brim! Want to make up for lost time? Well there is no better opportunity than this!

This could be our last chance!

We should firstly thank Allah that he has given us such an amazing unique opportunity. This is a favour upon us like no other. But this my be our last chance to change. We may well not see another Ramadan. We may never get an opportunity to change ourselves for the better.

We keep procrastinating and deceiving ourselves into thinking "I got plenty of time, I'm still only young with my whole life ahead of me". Or we want to sort our careers out first, or go Hajj or Umrah first or do this first or that first.

But how can we guarantee that we will be alive to see tomorrow let alone next week, next month, next year or the next few decades? How many of us know of people who have passed away this year of all ages, situations and circumstances? How many of us know of Muslims who did not make it to Ramadan? Therefore how can we guarantee that we will be alive next year to see another Ramadan and have another amazing opportunity like this?

Utter regret if we do not take this opportunity now!

The fact is that we CANNOT afford to miss this unique opportunity. This is an opportunity for redemption. A chance to change our lives for the better forever. All of us who know we have to change and want to change then this is that opportunity. If we don't take this opportunity now then we WILL regret it forever!

When we see what we could have had in the Hereafter we will beg Allah: "Please oh Lord I did not know, I was too consumed into the dunya (Worldly life). Please send me back so that I may worship you properly and live my life devoted to you."

But we will be rejected because we only have this ONE chance! Once this chance is over then we will NEVER be able to get it back again. Therefore we CANNOT miss this one opportunity to change our lives forever. If we ever wanted to have a fresh start and get ALL of our sins wiped out then this is our chance.

If we ever wanted to gain immense rewards to fill up our good deed accounts then this is our chance.

If we ever wanted the chance to renew & strengthen our imaan (faith) and get closer to Allah then this is our chance!

So we CANNOT afford to miss this opportunity for we may never get this chance again!

So let us make the commitment!

So we must make a firm commitment to change. We must look at ourselves and this life and think what is the point of chasing the worldly life when it may end any second? Will we take our possessions and hoards of wealth with us? The fact is this life compared to the Hereafter is like comparing a droplet to an ocean. There is absolutely NO comparison!

Therefore let us at this moment cleanse ourselves and fall into prostration (Sajda) to Almighty Allah and cry and beg of him for forgiveness. Let us ask of him and I promise you he will never turn you away. He is waiting for us to turn to him so patiently. So how can we make him wait any longer. How can we risk losing this opportunity that we may NEVER get back again.

Therefore let us repent for our past and present sins right this moment and make a firm commitment to Allah that we will devote ourselves to him and to his worship and that we will try our best to fulfil our obligations unto him and that we will try our best to do everything that pleases him and avoid anything that may anger or displease him.

Then let us devote ourselves in worship in this blessed month and cleanse our heart and souls with the worship and remembrance of Allah and recitation of the Qur'an and glorification of our Lord. Let us control our tongues and stop or significantly limit anything which may hinder our worship such as TV, social networks such as Facebook and Twitter and anything else that may waste a precious second in this most blessed month.

Let us worship Allah with full sincerity, hope for immense reward, forgiveness and mercy from Allah for an entire lifetime of sins and make a firm commitment that we will change ourselves for the better for the rest of the year as Ramadan is for life not just for one month.

We must remember that our time is very short and that this may well be our very last Ramadan as it was the last Ramadan for so many who thought they would make it!

So let us grab this opportunity with both hands! If we walk towards Allah then he will run towards us!
May Allah enable us to make the best of this most blessed month and enable us to gain the maximum rewards an so that we may change our lives for the better FOREVER! Ameen

Two men who embraced Islam together - The one who lived through one more Ramadan will go to Jannah earlier! - Amazing hadith!

There were two men who embraced Islam together, one of whom was more diligent in piety and died a martyr, while the other died a year later of natural causes––and then a friend of theirs saw in a dream that the one who died later naturally was called into Paradise before the other one––upon which the Messenger, sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam, ascribed this preference to the extra year of praying and Ramadan fasting that the latter had had. [Ahmad and Ibn Majah]

In other words, since the latter one had had a bit longer life and had the opportunity to witness one more year of fasting and praying than the other, he acquired more righteous deeds than the one who tried harder and died a martyr earlier. This narration reminds us of what a great blessing every single day of life is for a believer––and of what a great reward obtained from the obligatory acts of praying and fasting.

That is why the early Muslims would pray to Allah to extend their stay in this life such that they witness the following month of Ramadan. Mu’alla ibn Al-Fadhl, may Allah have mercy upon him, said that our righteous predecessors, may Allah be pleased with them, would supplicate to Allah almost six months before Ramadan to make them reach it, and would supplicate six months after it asking Him to accept their hard work in it.

Yet, many a procrastinator wastes away this blessed month and hopes to repent, reform and fast in the future while wasting away the days and nights of this month in pursuit of the trivialities of this world.

Who is to say we will live a day longer? This is our only one opportunity to change our lives for the better forever!

We must get our priorities straight. Are we going to put everything into a short life which can end at any second? Or will we put more into the Hereafter which is everlasting?

Surely any logical person would then choose the Hereafter over this short temporary life.

Well this is our chance! So let us make the best of this blessed month and ask of Allah to extend our lives so that we can experience MANY more Ramadan and have more prayers in our accounts. So that we may be amongst the lucky ones to enter Jannah!

May Allah guide us and give us the realisation to change and turn our lives around so that we may obey and please him and refrain from that which may anger or displease him. Ameen

Ibn Rajab al Hanbali (Ra) said:

"O you who has wasted years of his life, there is nothing that will amend those lost and wasted years except for the night of Al-Qadr, for verily its value is equivalent to that of a lifetime." [Lata'if al-Ma'aarif, p.191]