Naturally Blue

That had me looking through my snapshots - a lot are untagged so it is never a completely pointless exercise, even if this thread strictly is. Turns out I have a lot of evidence of blue. I'll update this when I feel like it, and other members should also feel free to add their photos (but not stuff from the web, that would spoil it). Please correct any IDs as appropriate. Smile

Right. Some of the commonest blue things in nature are flowers so here's for starters...

Exhibit #1:

Wood Forget Me Not (Myosotis sylvatica)

[IMG]

Tags: 

i never seen those in my LIFE! they're so....BLUE!

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

*scratches head*... i would call those purple. they're all over my garden.

Nice one Titanium!

English bluebells are traditionally very blue. The Spanish invaders are much more purple, and a lot of our bluebells are now hybrids.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

A lot of butterflies are blue (many of them in the Lycaenidae).This one isn't by any means the most strikingly blue but since I happen to have a decent shot, from Cornwall last year...

Silver-Studded Blue (Plebejus argus):

[IMG]

BLUEBERRIES!! *facepalm*

just had some. yum! dyou like the fatter ones or the smaller ones?

Looking To See wrote:
BLUEBERRIES!! *facepalm*

just had some. yum! dyou like the fatter ones or the smaller ones?

I think the fatter ones. Not sure. Smile

But I feel guilty eating foreign fruit.

Titanium wrote:
Gorgeous Butterfly!!! How can you get so close without frightening the lil thing?

Now and again they seem fairly oblivious if I'm very quiet, and I take shots with the zoom before I try to get close.

Quote:
More blue flowers, these are nettle flowers (canny remember the proper name, Joie will know)

I thought they were indeed stinging nettle flowers, since I picked one up confidently declaring it was some kind of dead-nettle and held it to my nose expecting it to smell minty, and stung my nose and fingers. Smile

But it was Green Alkanet (Pentaglottis sempervirens). idk nuffin.