Shias refuse to bury the killed

Quote:
About 1,000 Pakistani Shia Muslims are protesting in the southwest for a second day, blocking a main road with the bodies of relatives killed in a bombing to demand the government provide better security. 

The bombings in Quetta on Thursday were the worst in a series of attacks across Pakistan that have killed 120 people. Most of the dead were Shias killed in twin bombings at a billiards hall. Sunni extremists are increasingly targeting members of the beleaguered minority sect.

Shias in Quetta laid about 50 of their dead out in the street yesterday, saying they would not bury them until the government improves security in the area. Young Shia men also set tyres on fire and blocked a road in protest. “We want safety for our all sects and all security measures should be taken for our safety,” said Fida Hussain, a relative of one of the victims. “We will not bury them until the government fulfils all our demands.”

The strike was the worst of three bombings targeting Shia and soldiers in Quetta, capital of the volatile Baluchistan province, and worshippers at a Sunni mosque in the north-west on the same day.

The billiards hall bombing started with a suicide attack, followed by a car bomb.

I've seen this being called a genocide. Is it? I think of like thousands of people dying when I hear genocide. But if it is systematic, then I guess it can be called a genocide.

But one thing's for sure killing any innocent is not wrong!

However protesting by not burying is also wrong - it goes against sunnah of burying quickly, and doesn't really help in any way. :S

I read this a couple of days ago, and for some reason i couldn't make myself understand their reasons behind it. I think it's totally acceptable for you to want your voice heard and to want something done, but in no way should that mean that you sacrifice clear teachings of Islam to get some attention from the Pakistani government. I think that's totally wrong and that should not have been carried out at all. I wonder what is more important to them, obeying the commands of Allah or delaying in the burial of a human body to get worldwide attention?

It's an extreme thing to do.

But I guess it depends on how bad things there are and something needs to be done.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
It's an extreme thing to do.

But I guess it depends on how bad things there are and something needs to be done.

It helps in no way though. If the people don't care about killing them, they're hardly gna care about them not being buried in time and you don't need to keep the body unburied to protest about it. I guess it got more publicity for not burying but I dunno, they could've found something else to make their point, something that doesn't go against the teachings of Islam - and the "rights" (can you call them that?) of the deceased.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi