What's love got to do with it?

Probably been asked before, but oh well. 

Is love overrated? or the only thing that makes living in this bleak world worthwhile?

Does love even exist? If so, how can you tell?

Is there *really* such thing as unconditional love?

Yes love is overated, especially the hollywood/bollywood type love. Their is no such thing as unconditional love, maybe a parents love is unconditional but defintely not between husband and wife. Most people confuse love with lust, they go crazy for a beautiful face of figure and think it's love, "Love is in a face to die for", ever heard that one before?

In most normal cases, marriages the Islamic arranged way, it's all a compromise, to live your life peacefully in this world and having a halaal avenue to fulfil your desire and being obedient to your lord by not involving yourself in the sin of fornication. Why do you think marriage is give and take?? Coz it's a compromise. In short, love is kindness, be kind to your spouse, treat them well, take care of their rights and you will hopefully live a peaceful life that will be full of "love".  

Love is a fixation of peoples imagination, a fairy tale world, a perfect world, some place, some feeling, that isn't really true or possible. This type of love is a disease if it is for any other thing/being other than Allah Swt.

what i know is that love does exist.

i was thinking, yesterday i think it was, about photographing feelings, andh ow impossible it is and how it might never ever be possible and how that fact is SO AMAZING!

even though its there and its real, we cant touch it, or see it or anything, but we can feel it and just because we cnt use our 5 senses to grasp it doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

what i also know is that part of worshipping Allah is having the "absolute" feelings directed to Him only. aka. Love Him the most, fear Him the most, Trust him the most. and since ive learnt that, i feel quite liberated and life is very interesting.

and from that...marriage takes on a very new perspective. if you dont love your husband the most (or trust him the most) then it wont hurt as much if he cheats on you, or if he doesnt buy you the dress you've been hinting at (WHY HINT JUST TELL HIM! PIN THE PICTURE ON THE FRIDGE LOL), or if he just isnt "here for you".

and its not just that. im talking still abt this relationship, if the GUY doesnt love YOU the most then theres less responsibilities on your shoulders, less expectations, its a more mellow relationship where you're both really happy.

i know, i know, its TWO different kind of love...but they arent called the same thing for no reason right?

i think feelings are like the rainbow, if yo ulook at them from far you can distinguish between them; love, care, empathy, sympathy but if you look closely, you cnt tell where one ends and the other begins (really because that "limit" doesnt exist).

feelings and God make this world worthwhile.

how dyou know love exist? hmm.. for me..i feel it. when i imagine the possibility of my parents going to hell and stuff like that.. or when i receive it.. but as i said. love cnt be pinpointed really. its all a "positive feeling vs negative feeling" thing for me. i dont try and name it, else my brain would burst..plus thinking abt it now..its kinda boring and timewasting, whats the point of naming it on a daily basis? its there whatever IT is, just act on it.

blah blah blah

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Yes it exists.

Is it over-rated? No. I just think people have the wrong idea or notion of what it is and what it means.

Too much hollywood/bollywood giving them the wrong idea. I mean comeon... how many times have you seen people bursting out in song and dance in the middle of the street?

Back in BLACK

It is a powerful motivator and mind altering non-drug.

That is why there is an emphasis on love in Islam - love God, the prophet (saw), his family and his companions more than anything else and you wont go wrong.

Otherwise it is always possible that your love of something else will challenge the above and in that state, love will alter your mind, change your logic and you will suddenly no longer see straight.

Taking the western notion of love - deep love is often portrayed as tragic. I do wonder if this portrays a universal truth - love something, some creation more than God, and surely it will end up in tragedy?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.