Why bury the deceased abroad?

Why do people wish to be buried in the country they were born in, or the country they originated from? Soil will be soil wherever you go, and even in so called 'non-Muslim' countries, you still have 'Muslim graveyards' and they still allow you to fulfill the Islamic rituals of death and burial, so does it REALLY matter? Life on Earth is just temporary and we’re ALL going to be raised on the day of reckoning regardless of whether we’re buried 1 mile or 1000 miles away from our family members. Aren’t we supposed to hasten from the time of death to the time of burial, and don’t the deceased suffer a lot of pain during transportation across the sky? I’m puzzled. 

Well. There's loads of reasons. Mostly, I think it's so the close famliy can stand by grave and do dua and tend to the grave, lay flowers, get closure, and so on and so on...

Apparently, while there's freshly growing plants on the grave, the pain of the punishment of grave is believed to ease so people want the grave to be close enough to where a loving member of the famliy can be sure that there is fresh flowers.

It mailny started when the mass migration from Pak to UK happened. They came here on temp basis with the intention of returning after making some money which is another reason why they send bodies back - cos they didn't want to leave anything behind.

Northen Southener wrote:

Apparently, while there's freshly growing plants on the grave, the pain of the punishment of grave is believed to ease so people want the grave to be close enough to where a loving member of the famliy can be sure that there is fresh flowers.

i dont think thats true at all..i think something closer to the opposite of that might be true...

I HAVE AN ASSIGNMENT DUE IN WHY AM I HERE.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Flowers are always "praying". Prayer helps reduce pain.

I think what Titanium and NS have said are the main reasons for why people get buried overseas.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

In the UK you lease a plot of land to be the grave for 100 years.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
In the UK you lease a plot of land to be the grave for 100 years.

So does that mean that 100 years is a sufficient period of time for the entire body to decay without having to dig the spot up, check, then bury a new body in the same place?

Its generally a sufficient period of time for your offspring to have also died, so no one to complain if the grave is dug up and another burried.

Saying that, that is a rare occurrence if it happens as when you go to graveyards here, you have graves centuries old.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

But what if it is dug up :O 

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

flowers dont pray for you...

doesnt the creation of Allah just praise and glorify Allah?

and maybe pray for us if we do specific act that we're told abt in the Quran and Sunnah?

yes to first question, dunno about second question, I guess if u feed them or something

so theres no point putting flowers on graves. tis a bit like copying the non-muslims

they may not be praying for the person, but still are praying, which helps, is the argument. By praying, I mean gloryfying Allah etc

but thats a wrong argument, because the prophet sallAllahu'alaihiwassalam never said that it helps.

I don't know where it came from, maybe it is based on some evidence - need to know that first, and/or just ignore it

TPOS wrote:
Flowers are always "praying". Prayer helps reduce pain.

I think what Titanium and NS have said are the main reasons for why people get buried overseas.

Lol This is mega funny, I always thought they planted stuff on graves to stop the sand from eroding.

There are ahadith where the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) place3d twigs from a palm tree to lessen the punishment for the occupants.

Putting flowers on will never be with the aim of "immitating the kuffaar" (though sometimes using that phrase can be used too loosely - if the kuffaar do something good, it does not mean we do something bad instead... but it refers to copying religious practices from non muslims)

JazakAllah for the evidence Smile

Ive xme across this hadith. It dpesnt justify puttng flowers on grave. This was for a specifix situation. N even if were to use this hadith. We cnt extrapolate n say flowers is oksy too. We'd have to get the twigs frn thatsame tree.

Tats what i learnt in a lesson recently.

The leaves from the SAME tree? why? What else did u learn about the hadith?

They lived in a desert I think flowers would be hard to come by :S

TPOS wrote:

lol, flowers wld be hard to come by. that wld mean that the prophet didnt teach us everything and show us all the options available.

we're allowed to make qiyaas which is reasoned deduction on rulings that have clear reasons why they're implemented. but on on more ritual/unseen world stuff, we cant just "extrapolate" we've got to stick with what we've got.

did i say leaves? i meant twig from the same tree/type of tree.

Lilly wrote:
TPOS wrote:

lol, flowers wld be hard to come by. that wld mean that the prophet didnt teach us everything and show us all the options available.

we're allowed to make qiyaas which is reasoned deduction on rulings that have clear reasons why they're implemented. but on on more ritual/unseen world stuff, we cant just "extrapolate" we've got to stick with what we've got.

Ofcourse, I wasn't suggesting we weren't taugh it, but you can only work with what you have, and flowers aren't much different from twigs/leaves. :S

(I'm just putting out my thoughts, of course none of us are scholars)

Lilly wrote:
TPOS wrote:

Ofcourse, I wasn't suggesting we weren't taugh it, but you can only work with what you have, and flowers aren't much different from twigs/leaves. :S

(I'm just putting out my thoughts, of course none of us are scholars)

so cool. you posted a blank message!

i will edit this meesage when i do bit of research into all this.

As with many stuff, there are multiple views:

1. by plants it means any plant that hasnt yet dried out.

2. The essence of the ahadith is in more that the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) did it rather than it being a plant.

People will copy and understand it in different ways and have done so.

Until this topic I didnt even know that there was an understanding other than that putting plants on graves was considered a good thing and a sunnah of the prophet (saw).

we need to check if any (or both) of these opinions are true. according to the hadith and how the scholars have interpreted them. ur 2 points. who said this is how we're suppose to consider hadith?

ive learnt that when it comes to stuff like this, stuff that we dont and cnt have indepth knowledge of, we need to follow word for word what the prophet sallAllahu'alaihiwassalaam and be careful of "extrapolating".