Family Feuds and Violence

Certain event happened today which got me thinking.

How common are family feuds?

What are they normally over and do they get violent?

There are some famililes that I have seen that at nearly every single gathering they have - birthday party, wedding, death, whatever - soooner or later somthing kicks off and theres either an argument or a fight.

I have to admit it does get a quite exciting - nothing like having an adrenaline rush at a normally boring function - but what does this behaviour achieve save the insult of ones hosts or the demeaning of ones honour?

I think it's a breakdown in communication honestly.

My family doesn't like each other - especially my immediate family.

Nobody talks, nobody is on the same page and nobody likes each other and simple misunderstandings turn into very long held grudges.

It's pretty impressive really...

"Med" wrote:
I have to admit it does get a quite exciting - nothing like having an adrenaline rush at a normally boring fucntion - but what does this behavious achieve save the insult of ones hosts or the demeaning of ones honour?

I don't find it exciting.

I feel like getting up and giving them each a clip round the ear.

[size=7]But that's no way to deal with elders... [/size]

"Beast" wrote:
"Med" wrote:
I have to admit it does get a quite exciting - nothing like having an adrenaline rush at a normally boring fucntion - but what does this behavious achieve save the insult of ones hosts or the demeaning of ones honour?

I don't find it exciting.

I feel like getting up and giving them each a clip round the ear.

[size=7]But that's no way to deal with elders... [/size]

fantastic bro... my feeling EXACTLY.

Why do elders sometimes behave so childishly?

People in our family kick off with one another over little things and spend months if not years not talking to them. So irritating.

Along time ago (in a galaxy far far away..lol no) We once had these great family friends, we got on great. Then there was a HUGE bust up over money... that our gran gave them "apparently" to hold as they were accompanying her on Hajj and she didnt like keeping money on her. When we got back we asked for the rest of it back... they refused (not sure if they blatantly said they werent gonna giv it back or if there was nothing left by then) but we havnt spoken to them since. This was almost 20 years ago.

So money is one thing. When people are not included in family issues either they also kick off coz of that for being excluded.

Its sad really... coz no one wins in such situations.

Back in BLACK

we never have family fueds

sumtimes siblings fight

parents beat up naughty sons

daughters n laws bicth about mother in law (vice versa)

and the old folks moan and criticise a lot

but no major kick offs ever happen

we dont have people we have never spoken to or people we hate n our family

sometimes its silly things like so and so did this, and she thinks that

others times it comes to blows, literally.

only feud that has been longstanding in our family is when my cousins hubby punched her dad

Family feuds ...

very very uncommon in my family,

However aint surprised its common amongst some elders....they say the elder you get the childish.

Joke.. normally the elders start it and the kids pay for it..

You elders... grow up.

Its up to us to teach our elders/parents islamic ways not dumb cultural custom pride crap..

I was in family feud.. end up fighting ... beat the opposition to a pulp.. then was dragged through court for over a year.. massive stress on me and entire family..

Alhumdulillah we were acquitted..

I hope new generation learn from the errors of the elders ways.

Where there is a will there is a way..

"LION" wrote:

I hope new generation learn from the errors of the elders ways.

Amen to that Brother!! Biggrin

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!