British Muslim Womens Identity?

How do cultural norms, religious beliefs and the western society itself influence British Muslim Womens's identities?

Can anyone give me a few poiinters on how to tackle this one?
I want to write a literature review however finding it difficult to organise my review into four sub headings...
e.g. The Muslim woman
e.g. Islam
e.g. Family

I will appreciate all and any help lol Wink
Thank you.
Muslimah

cmon people

shes askin for dissertation help

im sure some sisters here can lend a hand Smile

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Hey

I dont know if this is what you looking for but maybe you can have something like the [b]Muslim Woman and Marriage[/b] and then talk about the western concept of marraige, the different cultural beliefs and then about how it does or does not fit in with Islam,

Maybe you should define different cultural norms? you know where they stem from etc, talk about expectations or norms of the western society?

If this is your dissertation then how are you researching? are you going to do questionaires and stuff?

Im sorry if this is not what you looking for, jus trying to help!!

I would help but i'm not a female, obliviously Wink

"(*_Shazan" wrote:

Whos the scary sideways person in ya avatar picture. Its scaring me, make it stop.

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

Shazan, if possible can you remove your pic coz it gets kind of hard to read your posts when you staring back at us Lol

lol

[b]I was considering removing it. Are people comfy with it? Shazan Bro, would you like me to leave it? -------NewModOnTheBlock[/b]

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"flower" wrote:
Shazan, if possible can you remove your pic coz it gets kind of hard to read your posts when you staring back at us Lol

Read this thread sister, And I'll take another pic with my sunglasses on.

So im not the only one!! No need to put sunglasses on it was just a suggestion, hope i didnt cause offence

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"flower" wrote:

Read this thread sister, And I'll take another pic with my sunglasses on.

So it is as a way to find a partner...

Remove that pic. (or I shall have to ban linked avatars again...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

It's removed- Sad

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

It's removed- Sad

thankyou.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Thank you to Fresh Prince for empathising with me.
Thank you to flower for offering some advice.
And thankyou to muslimlilsis for trying lol.

I am in the process of interviewing British Muslim women about how and why they may reject or modify their relegious beleifs due to the influence of the west.

Thus I am asking for your views on why some British Muslim women sometimes go against what their parents have taught them and take on western ideologies....why is this?...is it because Islam restrict Muslim sisters?Is it because these teaching are forced upon us through our parents?Or is it because of the western influence? the media? peer pressure?

Discuss Dirol

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed.
My Prayer has been answered.

"MuSlImAh786" wrote:

Thus I am asking for your views on why some British Muslim women sometimes go against what their parents have taught them and take on western ideologies....why is this?...is it because Islam restrict Muslim sisters?Is it because these teaching are forced upon us through our parents?Or is it because of the western influence? the media? peer pressure?

It’s a mixture of the above…

I personally think that peer pressure, the desire to conform etc is the main reason.

Media is also to blame, and so is not being able to relate/understand ones parents, the harsh way one is taught Islam (i.e. force/harshness is employed instead of love, patience and logic).

And the lack of decent role models.

Thats what I dont understand...there isn't a lack of role models (you just need to read about the prophets, sahbiaats etc etc). Why do some Muslims choose to be so ignorant when it comes to this matter?...

I was referring to the lack of role models in real life i.e. good company that one can aspire to be like.

"razor" wrote:
"(*_Shazan" wrote:

Whos the scary sideways person in ya avatar picture. Its scaring me, make it stop.

[img]

SHAHEEB..Its You! :shock: Lol

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Dawud You make me laugh bro!! Lol

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

Thank you Muslimsister for your reply.
Muslimah