Is it true...

have any of you heard that its not possible to get married in ramadan or muharram? i think it isnt true but what do all of you's think?

baseless idea.

You can marry in any month of the year, on any day of the year.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Strider" wrote:
have any of you heard that its not possible to get married in ramadan or muharram? i think it isnt true but what do all of you's think?

yes i have heard that....my cousins in pakistan have that thinking....

my mum and bro-in law just had that discussion lately....about not having a wedding done in muharram

nonsense! bidah

"Med" wrote:
baseless idea.

You can marry in any month of the year, on any day of the year.

hmmm..thats what i always thought...i dont know where muslims nowadays get these weird mucked up ideas from... :?

~Become who you were born to be~

salaam
i dont thinks its stated ne where

just that people have personal feelings towards the fact that the month of muharram, we should remeber the Prophet (saaw)'s family and how they were shaheed in the name of Islam and fought so hard for Ummah!! and being a time of rembrence people dont like to celebrate, amd wedding being a time of great happiness it doesnt make sense to them.

"Saadia Khan" wrote:
salaam
i dont thinks its stated ne where

just that people have personal feelings towards the fact that the month of muharram, we should remeber the Prophet (saaw)'s family and how they were shaheed in the name of Islam and fought so hard for Ummah!! and being a time of rembrence people dont like to celebrate, amd wedding being a time of great happiness it doesnt make sense to them.

People and their personal feelings should submit to the Holy Shari'ah.

If that is the case as stated by Saadia Sahiba. Then why do those who refrain from marriages in Muharram celebrate the 12th of Rabi al Awwal as a day of eid when that is the day of the death of Nabi Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam?

The death of Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam is a greater calamity than the events of Karbala.

As usual custom and culture has clouded over the simple and pure religion.

There is no evidence for marking of anniversaries or for the associating of certain months as unlucky or sad etc. This is peoples own imaginations.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

salaam

lol
Med Bhaisaab, its not only the death date of the Rasool (saaw) but his birth date too,
and am not trying to justify its ryte am just saying it wat sum ppl tend to feel, and getting married in Ramadaan well people just too busy doing Ibaadat to attend weddings lol.

personally id have wedding ne time of year xcept winter!!!!!!

btw ur sig name its a ghazal isnt it!!

"Saadia Khan" wrote:

Its also a bolly song... convienant wouldnt u say?

Theres no command anywhere thats says one can or can not get married during these two months... people simply prefer not to.

Cant get married during ramadan, not practical as your supposed to abstain from such things.
Many people where shaheed during the month of muharram and people just dont get married during this time out of respect and prefer to have it as a month of remembrance of what they died for.

Back in BLACK

"Saadia Khan" wrote:

Med Bhaisaab, its not only the death date of the Rasool (saaw) but his birth date too,

There is difference of opinion on the "birth date"; there is more consensus on the 12th being the day of death and the NINTH 9th being the day of birth.

"Saadia Khan" wrote:

er. . . um. . . . yes. or you could say . . . song

People can keep their facades of respect. For us the Quran and Sunnah is sufficient alhamdulillah.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

my point exactly, just respect

bollywood song, AYE from film with salman khan and madhuri isnt it lol sweet ghazal thou!!

"Saadia Khan" wrote:

bollywood song, AYE from film with salman khan and madhuri isnt it lol sweet ghazal thou!!

it does have a more ghazal feeling.

And yes does have much depth.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Saadia Khan" wrote:

and am not trying to justify its ryte am just saying it wat sum ppl tend to feel, and getting married in Ramadaan well people just too busy doing Ibaadat to attend weddings lol.

Good point.

It more to do with practicality then anything else.

"Med" wrote:
bahot pyaar karte hain, tum ko sanam
qasam chaahe le lo, khudaa kee qasam

"Seraphim" wrote:
"Saadia Khan" wrote:

Its also a bolly song... convienant wouldnt u say?

:shock: just noticed that now! :shock:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:

LOL

I noticed it ages ago

its a GAY, lame, mushy, bollywood romantic song

and shud be BANNED in a very Islamic forum

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

LOL

I noticed it ages ago

its a GAY, lame, mushy, bollywood romantic song

and shud be BANNED in a very Islamic forum

yeh i'm shocked, Med of all people... :shock:

tut tut, chi chi chi, toba toba....

Wink

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:

yeh i'm shocked, Med of all people... :shock:

tut tut, chi chi chi, toba toba....

Wink

LOL

good one

tis a salient feature of the people of caves that they post gay mushy romatic love songs as their sig

and have the nerve to CHI CHI others :twisted:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

LOL

good one

tis a salient feature of the people of caves that they post gay mushy romatic love songs as their sig

and have the nerve to CHI CHI others :twisted:

Indeed celebratin Mawlid-un-Nabi Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) is Bidah but listenin to bollywood songs aint! :roll:

Correct me if i am wrong but YOUR people med have a problem with everythin and i assume bollywood songs would come under that wudnt it?

Has any1 here defended bollywood songs?
No.

edit

Has any1 here made the innovated milad a religious act?
Yes

EDIT: the milad referred to is the milad CELEBRATIONS not the actual birth of Nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam

Plz, I advise ppl study some basic books on mantiq (logic). It will save a lot of foolishness.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
evil milad

You have just called the birth of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) evil.

What do they teach you in your madrassah?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
"Med" wrote:
evil milad

You have just called the birth of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) evil.

What do they teach you in your madrassah?

Saliant Featuring Cave Monkey Med

Having Bollywood song lyrics in his Sig. Its Biddah, they didnt have bolly song lyrics in their sigs back in the day did they Med.

Biddah-iser Med.

Chi Chi Man

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

Why was my subsequent post deleted?

Milad celebration has nothing to do with islaam. It is innovation.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:

AGREED.

razor no need to get personal.

"Med" wrote:

Milad was NOT Biddah for the 1st 6 (Six, seis, chae) generations of muslims, so how exactly is it biddah now?

But Biddah is one thing, Bollywood Music is Haram Akhe, Ya'ani you are a harami. Lol

but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.

"razor" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

Milad was NOT Biddah for the 1st 6 (Six, seis, chae) generations of muslims, so how exactly is it biddah now?

But Biddah is one thing, Bollywood Music is Haram Akhe, Ya'ani you are a harami. Lol

milaad was invented after the first six centurys...

before then it wasnt known.

"razor" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

1. Thats because Milad was not existant in the first 6 centuries.

2. It is beneath my dignity to respond to your second post.

3. From the authorities I would like an explanation of why my subsequent post was deleted. The one where I began with

"To ALLAH do we belong and to Him is our return

and ended with

salallahu alayhi wa sallam"

my post alhamdulillah was clear.

Quote:
The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) said: "Every innovation is misguidance and going astray" Reported by Abu Daawood (no. 4607), at-Tirmidhee (no. 2676) and it is saheeh. Ibn Hajr authenticated it Takhreej Ahaadeeth Ibn ul-Haajib (1/137).

And he (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) also said: "… and every innovation is misguidance and all misguidance is in the Hellfire." Reported by an-Nasaa'ee (1/224) from Jaabir bin Abdullaah and it is saheeh as declared by Shaikh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah in Majmoo' ul-Fataawaa (3/58).

The Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) also warned against the People of Innovation, from befriending, supporting or taking from them saying: "Whoever innovates or accommodates an innovator then upon him is the curse of Allaah, His Angels and the whole of mankind." Reported by Bukhaaree (12/41) and Muslim (9/140)

Innovation is opposed to sunnah. Sunnah is guidance and rewardworthy; innovation negates sunnah and leads to fire and is evil.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
"razor" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

1. Thats because Milad was not existant in the first 6 centuries.

I take it you've conveniently been taught it didnt exist in the 1st 6 generations?

I take it the Scholors at your madrasah beleive Darud Shareef came about after the 1st 6 generations?

Kinda Convenient how "you're kind" changed the beliefs of the salaf-i-saaliheen and the 1st 6 generations of muslims, to fit around your "beliefs".

Razor no need to get personal.

I have no time atm to do any moderating... So please argume the poins not th characters.

And Med how come you have gone back on your word?

I distinctly remember you sayign Milad was allowed under some circumstances?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You are welcome to your assumptions.

It is beneath my dignity to respond further to you.

Infact, if you had a brain you would note that I write the darud out in full whenever I refer to Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam and this is from the grace of God.

Anyways as stated before, tumhare sawaal ka jawaab dena meri tawheen hai.

Meh kyoon apni tawheen karoon?

Admin: do you have any answer as to why my post which came immediately after your madrassah qsn is deleted?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

no I do not have an answer. I did say I do not have the time to moderate atm...

Another mod?

"Med" wrote:
You are welcome to your assumptions.

It is beneath my dignity to respond further to you.

Infact, if you had a brain you would note that I write the darud out in full whenever I refer to Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam and this is from the grace of God.

Anyways as stated before, tumhare sawaal ka jawaab dena meri tawheen hai.

Meh kyoon apni tawheen karoon?

Admin: do you have any answer as to why my post which came immediately after your madrassah qsn is deleted?

Can you please speak english, im not too familiar with bengali.

"Admin" wrote:

Another mod?

k.

For the record: The evil milaad I was referring to was the milaad CELEBRATIONS, the raves that the People of Innovation engage in.

I was NOT referring to the actual birth of Hadrat Nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam.

Admin: Milad that is done today is nothing but bid'aah which leads to dalaalah which leads to naar.

[b]Was not me ------- NewModOnTheBlock[/b]

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Pages