was Bin Laden a friend or enemy of Islam

Allah says in the Qur'an what means:
{Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities.Lo! Allah loves not, aggressors.}* (Al-Baqarah 2:190)

The above permission to fight clearly lays down the following conditions: (1) Never commit aggression; fighting is allowed only for self-defense. (2) Fighting must never be against non-combatants or non-fighting personnel.

The Prophet used to instruct his followers during battles and tell them not to be embittered or inclined to commit treachery. He asked them to spare non-combatants, particularly children and hermits. The Prophet Muhammad gave the following instructions during all wars; they were echoed by Caliph Abubakar to the commander who led the campaign to Syria:

"Do not betray, be treacherous or vindictive. Do not mutilate. Do not kill children, the aged or women. Do not cut or burn palm trees or fruit trees or any green tree. Do not slay a sheep, a cow, or camel except for your food. And you will come across people who take refuge in places of worship (synagogues and churches); leave them alone to what they devote themselves to."

Read more: 

Why is my google friend failing to find any good that Osama Bin Laden did? Is this the media's way of only showing the negatives and excluding the positives, or was there nothing good and productive at all?

The internet is probably not old enough to remember that OBL had a reputation from before 9/11.

In the end though, OBL was responsible for a whole lot of death, mainly muslims being killed.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

The internet is probably not old enough to remember that OBL had a reputation from before 9/11.

In the end though, OBL was responsible for a whole lot of death, mainly muslims being killed.

Thats why I keep getting reminded of the Quranic Ayah (5:32) which states: '... Whoever kills a soul unless it be for murder or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he has killed mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he has saved mankind entirely... ' Many many Muslims were affected/hurt/killed/prejudiced against by his actions and Allah is the best to judge.

from what i understand the one eyed mula from Afghanistan protected OBL because he was hes guest not because he agreed with hes actions. this is what brought America to Afghanistan. OBL was wrong in hes actions and he was raised in the USA at one stage. he also had George Bush invest money for him the USA. thus they were pals. as 911 was an inside job it only natural that we accept both George Bush and OBL both had a play in it. OBL gave muslims a bad name and was in fact promoting Bidah. as i mentioned on the first text Prophet Muhammad instructed hes army not to attack the old, women and children. thus making terrorist attacks wrong and considered to be Bidah.

Golden Darkness wrote:

The whole fact that he was in 'cahoots' well theres no bonafide evidence as far as i know so thats just conspiracy and until evidence is found i dont think anything else should be said on the matter. He was not a good man, for all his intentions he failed...,in epic proportions.