DEMONSTRATE!

Another one!

I'm sorry, but this is obviously intended to stir things up. I just can't believe anyone's that stupid.

And I'm very sad about this attitude. Today's papers marked a sad day, and this stuff is to blame.

[size=9]Whatever you do, know that I will always love you. Or else.[/size]

I think this one was actually organised before the others... the organisers were erm... a bit erm... how can I put it politely?

Lets just say it was organised early, and too late at the same time...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Well, I wasn't laughing at today's press. This should be cancelled ASAP.

what happened in todays press

sum1 enlighten me please
isnt this supposed to be a peaceful one like yesterdays....

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

[color=blue][b]Asalamu alaikum!

Checked some of the links above and from what i can see is that this is worsening instead of improving :?

The western society will never accept Islam no matter what you do :roll:

Fi Iman'Allah[/b][/color]

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

"100man" wrote:

I agree with you to an extent 100man.

I want this to be over too.

The continueous coverage of this is what's making the cartoons more offensive, IMO.

But, having said that, the mainstream majority of British Muslims can't just sit back and let the only images of Muslim protest be just a guy dressed as a suicide bomber, placards threatening beheadings, flag-burnings, buildings being torched etc. We need images more along the lines of [url= and [url=.

The Sunday Times poll is about the Al-Muhajiroon protests. The 'In focus' feature is about Abu Hamza and ties together the Al-Muhajiroon protests. The public will continue to hold a negative opinion of Muslims re the cartoons affair unless mainstream Muslims come together and show that Al-Muhajirron are indeed wackjobs and that Muslims [i]do[/i] know how to protest peacefully.

Re the second two articles, it is not 'political Islam' which is organizing the 18 Feb demo. It is religious community leaders who are not usually politically active at the national level.

Hamid Ali is prob just trying to fill the void left by Abdullah Faisal. I wouldn't be surprised if he follows him to Belmarsh. But this is nothing to do with the demos or the cartoons.

"Mujahidah" wrote:
[color=blue][b]Asalamu alaikum!

Checked some of the links above and from what i can see is that this is worsening instead of improving :?

The western society will never accept Islam no matter what you do :roll:

Fi Iman'Allah[/b][/color]

Yeah, no amount of honest, calm dialogue will gain acceptance innit.

Beast,

I take your point entirely and appreciate your sentiments. One message at a time. If this is a protest against extremist jihadis, that is the message. If it's another protest against the cartoons... you see my point.

And the civility of Saturday's demo was also well noted. What is interesting is that The Sunday Times is not an especially prejudicial source, yet they clearly determined this week that they would discuss 'the elephant in the room' unabashedly. If Britons are not to be radicalised against the enemy they know not, it would help if those who do know where the roots of extremism lie put an effective gag on it without mixing messages. It is not as if I want to live in a racist society any more than a jihadi one, and what's worse those two societies deliberately feed off each other to a point of confrontation. I want to dispel racism, Muslim or non-Muslim, and I hope that so would any Muslim. That includes confronting jihadis or making the line extremely clear.