BIrmingham Winter Conference

You dont need to go Birmingham to listen to it. Its available on Paltalk--> REligion--> Islam--> Salafi Talk (or something similar)

and its also available on you just need to do a 2mins sign up ( i did it yesterday and didnt even realise i was signing up!) then you join the classroom and listen.

today's the last day, i should have done this before. But on the website mentionned above, there's some recorded talks you can listen to.

give it a go guys. then let me know what you think of it and why you didnt like it.

here's the "menu" for today

SUNDAY 2nd JANUARY

11am Somali Language: "The Excellence of the Scholars"

12.30pm "How the Salaf Dealt with Disputes -2" Abu Hakeem Bilal Davis

2pm "The Methodology of the Salaf in Holding on to the Rope of Allaah" Abu Idrees

6pm "Chapters from Kitaab at-Tawheed" Shaikh Ubaid al-Jaabiree

8.30pm "Ahlus-Sunnah are United in Speech and Manhaj" Abul-Hasan Maalik

9.30pm Closing remarks from Abu Hakeem and Abu Khadeejah.

DICLAIMER: because im advertising doesnt mean i say what they say (especially coz ive no idea what they are about to say).

Salaf = pious predecessors (sahabah (radhiyallahu 'anhoum ajma'een), tabi'een and tabi tabi'een)

Salafis = (not sure) the people who follow the Prophet (pbuh), his companions, their companions and their companions.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:
Salaf = pious predecessors (sahabah (radhiyallahu 'anhoum ajma'een), tabi'een and tabi tabi'een)

Salafis = (not sure) the people who follow the Prophet (pbuh), his companions, their companions and their companions.

Salafis = people who try to follow the example of the salafs. which is the same thing as you said.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

MuslimBro wrote:
'Salafi mosque'

Interesting name.

indeed.

unfortunatly i didnt name it...

i think its actually a school...

Ocean wrote:
Are you a striving Salafi Lilly?

nope. Im a teenage Lilly who tries not to follow blindly.

you know on the picture, the names of the talks, what would you guys have used instead of "salaf"?

edit: urgh dude..i just rhymed...

I am assuming that in most of those situations, they will use examples from the sahabahs, so that may be an adequate replacement.

SHaykh Rab'ee al Madkhalee... isn't he the one that the ones afiliated with Alqaeda and like minded groups can't stand? I think they even use "Madkhalee" as a major insult on Ummah forums...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

what's your opinion on using the word "salaf"? keeping in mind the real definition (stated above)

from the name..Madkhalee is a place.
I should go have a look at ummah...

No idea, but how could he be? he's quite elderly from his voice, and he sounds very sweet and innocent. like them frandfathers full of wisdom.

edit: i dont know what im talking about, i dont even know if the above is about the right man.

Nowt wrong with the word.