Towards Purpose - Real Issues......Ideal Solutions by Shaykh Khalid Yasin

salaams,

Towards Purpose - Real Issues......Ideal Solutions by Shaykh Khalid Yasin
- Message to the urban youth
- Da'wah in the west
- Criticial issues facing Muslim women
- special multi media presentation of purpose TV.

Speaker: Sheikh Khalid Yasin
Venue: Nawaab Restaurant
1008 Stockport Road
Levenshulme
Manchester
M19 3WN
Date: 11th December 2008 - 7pm until 11pm
Tickets: £5 LIMITED SEATING

NO CHILDREN UNDER 10
For purchasing ticket contact / 0r 0161 2727775/0161 2244430

ps if you have never attended a talk given by this dude i strongly recommend you go. You will not be disappointed.

w/salaam

Will be a video of it afterwards?

Seems like an interesting subject... purpose.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

Have you not watched his most famous lecture, Purpose of Life? That is a contributory factor of MANY of my friends' conversions to Islam.

He is quite good, although a bit strict. No?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

big time wob but that lecture has made many many people embrace.

Not heard of him, not read of him, not seen him.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

he was one of the 'shaykhs' on dispatches, undercover mosques/imams or something. he's from sheffield.

I did not watch that either.

I avoid most things on TV relating to Muslims...

Noor wrote:
he was one of the 'shaykhs' on dispatches, undercover mosques/imams or something. he's from sheffield.

Err... maybe you got the wrong one. He's from Brooklyn.

nope, the black dude? his office is based in sheffield, he has done loads of talks here. went to one actually.

According to , He is from Brooklyn, based is Sheffield. No pic to confirm it is the same person though.

He is a revert originally from Brooklyn and now currently lives in Sheffield. The dudes got 13 kids! MashAllah

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

But why no under 10s?

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

The Lamp wrote:
But why no under 10s?

Cos little children running around ALWAYS disturbs talks/lectures?

But what about 8 or 9 year olds? In many lectures I've heard babies, didn't cause too much distraction.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

The Lamp wrote:
But what about 8 or 9 year olds? In many lectures I've heard babies, didn't cause too much distraction.

It can be distracting. And at that age, it's not like they're likely to learn much.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

yes.

mylfarghana wrote:
Wasnt this brother exposed on the dispatches programme?

Exposed as what?

Is this one of the 'I was eaten the moment the white bull was eaten' moments?

This other Imam was "exposed" but he claimed that he was taken out of context.

Ermmmm Khalid Yasin Came Where I Live Too
I Think Hes Interesting Biggrin

You wrote:

Thanks! will listen to it.

SO far he seems... awfully waffly.

Maybe its that I have not listened to any speech in a long time, but it seems to lack focus. kind of like me.

There is no need to bash other religions and also why all these people feel the need to disfavour the name of "mohammedans". No one uses it. It was probably used by like one person a couple of centuries ago. It has been defeated and lost as a meaningful word but we still argue against it as if it is the newest of allegations.

He does not really answser the original question of what the purpose of life is, does he?

Lectures are not my thing.

I still don;t get why poeple thought him to be inspirational. If it works for them...

I actually went to the talk. Started 45 minutes late which wasnt his fault, ppl were running late. Then some guy talked about 30 minutes (couldnt make out most of the stuff he was saying because of his accent and the fact he was shouting in the mike rather than talking). Then the shaykh came on talked about various things but was very brief and failed to mention what the purpose of life was. That lasted approx 45 mins then he promoted his centre, website and had ppl contributing to his cause. When he asked ppl to contribute some ppl got up and started leaving :shock: The talk finished 30 minutes early and everyone got up to scoff (some were already scoffing, which i think is sooo rude, when he was talking). To be honest it wasnt the best talk i have been to. When he came down at MMU, the talk was much better and more knowledgeable.

I think the audio might be slightly longer, not ad a chance to listen to it yet.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy