NO TOPIC the Third
Well This is the new new No Topic Topic. π
For those who do not know, this place is to talk about nothing. Nada. Zilch. And everything else which according to you does not deserve it's own topic. (Or you could choose to make a blog post)
The other one was getting a bit long... So we have a new start.
Forum
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
MuslimBro β Sat, 21 Jun 2008 - 21:15
Reading normal Arabic text doesn't require tajweed but reading the Qur'an does.
Aisha (ra) reported: Allah's Messenger ο·Ί said, "One who is proficient in the Qur'an is associated with the noble, upright, righteous angels; and he who falters in it, and finds it difficult for him, will have a double reward". [Muslim]
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
Amal β Sun, 22 Jun 2008 - 00:14
JazakAllahu khair for that hadith, I think its a very important and beautiful hadith :--) and you make a very important point!
Im not sure if I got the wrong end of the stick, Id like to make it clear that im not sanctioning reciting the Qur'an without tajweed - believe me, Im a massive fan of learning and education, and Im scared of the thought of ever changing Allah aza waj'al's words even by mistake!! :shock: :!: :shock: Let me just repeat what I said (ahem)
I began learning Arabic when I was 3, so Allah aza waj'al blessed me in that alhamdulilah, but Ive met many Muslims who face difficulties in pronounciation that I didnt, and it would be cruel and really arrogant and self-righteous to be so strict on them. I empathise with, and understand that some of us may have difficulties in pronounciation. But mashaAllah they are trying to improve and become better - and inshaAllah one day they will be perfect! That learning should be encouraged.. Am I wrong in my understanding? :?
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
MuslimBro β Sun, 22 Jun 2008 - 03:03
Learning is an ongoing process and mastering tajweed takes time.
My tajweed teacher who is also a scholar on tafsir was telling us how he used to struggle reading the Qur'an... when he was 22 years old!
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
Ya'qub β Sun, 22 Jun 2008 - 16:59
I was reading Qur'an with a friend of mine who is in the process of learning how to recite.
he was finding it really difficult but Alhamdulillah getting through it slowly, while making quite a few mistakes.
We got to verse 58 of surah dukhan which translates as "Verily, We have made this (Qur'an) easy, in thy tongue," and both couldn't help laughing!
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
Courage β Mon, 23 Jun 2008 - 09:10
It's meant to be easy compared to Latin or Hebrew, and it would've been easy for the Arabs.
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
MuslimBro β Fri, 27 Jun 2008 - 01:19
Get out and start pushing?
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
MuslimBro β Sat, 28 Jun 2008 - 02:14
You can't push the car on your own., unless you're huge....
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
Snoopz β Sat, 28 Jun 2008 - 10:45
any1 have a dua i can read too relieve toothache?
with eng translation plz
jazakAllah!
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
Ya'qub β Sat, 28 Jun 2008 - 12:47
Allah (swt) understands English, you know.
I don't know if there's a du'aa that is sunnah for toothache, but otherwise there would be no point using a du'aa in Arabic.
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
Hayder/Sirus (not verified) β Sat, 28 Jun 2008 - 12:59
Question for Naz......
The LPC P-time.....is it one day or one evening a week? I was under the presumption it was thursday evenings, but the website says full day thursday?
I've managed to find a paralegal job in a solicitors firm in Bolton, but i'm gonna be working mon-fri 9-5.... i told them it wont come in the way of the course, as its evenings. :doubt:
Seraphim, have you finished the LPC now?
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
Snoopz β Sat, 28 Jun 2008 - 13:36
duhh
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
Seraphim β Sat, 28 Jun 2008 - 20:22
LPC part-time is one day a week (Thursdays)... and yes thats ALL day.
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
Ya'qub β Sat, 28 Jun 2008 - 22:25
No offence, but isn't that completely stupid?
How can someone who is working full-time study?
My ILEX course was 8 hours a week too: 5.15pm-9.15pm Mondays and Wednesdays.
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
Hayder/Sirus (not verified) β Sun, 29 Jun 2008 - 12:32
well...study is part time. Work finishes at 5, any study can kick in after that. Its possible, just have to manage time well inshallah.
and hope i can get thursdays off :?
Seraphim, have you finished then?
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
Seraphim β Sun, 29 Jun 2008 - 17:39
To answer your question yes... yes ive finished.
On my first vacation in 5 years.
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
Ya'qub β Mon, 30 Jun 2008 - 00:22
Yeah, I saw him talk last year...mash'Allah he is excellent. Very inspiring, and also he can talk to young people cos he is in touch with us-he grew up in the west. Unlike many other speakers out there who don't seem to be living in the same world as us.
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
Amal β Mon, 30 Jun 2008 - 11:50
LPC is HARD, part-time or full-time, you must be SEROUSLY dedicated if you want to work full-time during it. :idea: I dont know what LPC is like up north, but in London where I am, I calculted in total 34 exams in that year (about 80% of exams being 3 hours long) :shock: Alhamdulilah and mashaAllah to anyone that gets through it! :o :shock:
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
Amal β Mon, 30 Jun 2008 - 12:07
Get out and stand beside the car. I can almost GUARANTEE you that a guy will come by and ask you if you need any help (not in a disgusting sort of way, but genuine desire to help! 8) ) In general, Ive found a Muslim brother *on hand* to help me when Ive needed it like that lol, and mashaAllah for that Im grateful to (them and) Allah aza waj'al!! π
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
MuslimBro β Sat, 5 Jul 2008 - 17:04
In pictures: Gay Pride march
Link
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
Naz β Mon, 7 Jul 2008 - 23:38
I was cutting a red onion today and it got me thinking why do they call them red onions when they are purple? :?
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
Courage β Tue, 8 Jul 2008 - 13:02
Where was this taken?
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
You* (not verified) β Tue, 8 Jul 2008 - 16:59
That post would have been better in the "Revival Creative" forum
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
Ya'qub β Wed, 9 Jul 2008 - 01:07
that sentence means that you do see someone minding...
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
You β Wed, 9 Jul 2008 - 01:17
Nothing wrong with it being here, but IMO it would have given the post greater exposure and would have been near other creative work so that people can move within that field.
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
Courage β Wed, 9 Jul 2008 - 12:15
Double negative, maybe? You don't see NO ONE minding!
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
Funzo β Wed, 9 Jul 2008 - 13:54
I mind.
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
SID (not verified) β Wed, 9 Jul 2008 - 20:06
http://environment.uk.msn.com/climate-change/gallery.aspx?cp-documentidβ¦
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
Courage β Thu, 10 Jul 2008 - 11:12
He's just being a pain, I think.
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
Courage β Thu, 10 Jul 2008 - 12:05
Thank you, Courage for backing me and standing up for me!
I'll be fine now I don't want you to support me anymore, Courage.
Re: NO TOPIC the Third
Funzo β Thu, 10 Jul 2008 - 14:39
No the reason why i said i mind was that it doesnt really fit in the no topic are i think it would be best to post it there to liven it up.
Pagination