Shock! Horror! The Jews Didn’t Do It!

By Irfan Jalil

This is an online exclusive article added to the website for Issue 14.

From the death of Jesus and World War I to the death of Tupac and 9/11, Jews get the blame for anything that goes wrong and everything that is bad. It's as if they control the world and whatever they say goes. All perfectly plausible you might think. But this idea that a group of people secretly plot major events and manipulate political happenings from behind the scenes is called a conspiracy theory.

Conspiracy theories about Jews are often pushed by far-right racist groups and such theories have gone up since September 11th 2001. However, since 9/11 conspiracy theories about another group of people have also gone up. This new group of people follow a "medieval belief" which "oppresses women" and seeks to "enslave the world". Who are these new dark overlords? Why, it's Muslims!

Whilst we have our irrational fears about Jews, other people seem to be developing irrational fears about us. Muslims now find themselves in the same boat as Jews. Muslims are blamed for wars, the collapse of Christianity and are accused of wanting to enslave all non-Muslims. Hmm… It's as if conspiracy theories about Jews have been recycled and applied to Muslims.

So, what's the truth behind all this? Is it Jews or is it Muslims who are the secret evil rulers of the world?

Don't be such a silly goose. It's neither.

Conspiracy theories are often based on prejudice, racism and ignorance and are supported by forgeries, half-truths and lies. They can give the illusion that you are being informed and educated but in reality conspiracy theories are used to divide people and pit one group of people against another.

Jews have been accused of allsorts for almost two thousand years. It is alleged that Jews killed Jesus, poisoned wells and killed Christian children to make flat bread. Many of these tales started out among European Christians. Jews were a minority in Europe and had few rights. Conspiracy theories gave Europeans an excuse for persecuting Jews and eventually kicking them out of Europe.

Today Jews are accused of "making up" the Holocaust and plotting to control the world. However, today there are also conspiracy theories about Muslims. Minor stories in tabloid newspapers fit into a bigger theory about Muslims wanting to take over Europe and destroy Christianity.

Newspaper stories about Muslims wanting to ban Christmas (Daily Express), Muslims spreading diseases (Sun), and al Qaeda operatives in the police (Daily Mail) support some people's views that Muslims want to impose "Islamo-fascism" on Europe and turn all non-Muslims into their slaves.

The internet is full of conspiracy theories about Muslim infiltrating European and American governments and destroying Western civilisation from the inside. Apparently all Muslims are terrorists and they're just waiting for the right moment to take over.

Me, myself and my conspiracy theory

Muslims themselves are not immune to believing conspiracy theories either. "9/11 was an inside job", "the Holocaust didn't happen", "the media is run by Jews" and "they're out to get us" are phrases which are not uncommon among Muslims.

To say that 9/11 was an inside job is to say that George Bush is clever enough to have done it and to have gotten away with it. In all honesty, you and I both know he's not that bright. He almost choked to death on a pretzel. An evil genius he ain't. What's more, 9/11 was a serious failure on the part of the US government. They are to blame for not preventing the attacks. But if people focus on conspiracy theories nothing will be done to hold the government accountable for its failings.

Almost twelve million people, including six million Jews, were killed by the Nazis during World War II. But today you get people who say "not that many people died" or that "it didn't even happen". Shaykh Hamza Yusuf urges people who deny the Holocaust to look at the evidence: "Tens of thousands of Jewish and other individuals who survived the death camps and other horrors of Nazi Germany lived to tell of it. Nazis were brought to trial, evidence was presented in court, and they were convicted. Mass graves were found, and gas chambers were discovered, which were clearly not delicing rooms as some callously claimed." [1]

There might be a lot of Jews working for media organisations but does that mean they "run" the media? There are a lot of women in the media – do they "run" the media? The media has a massive impact on public opinion. But if we believe that it's all run by the Jews and is out to get Muslims then we won't be able to use the media to benefit us and project positive images of Islam and Muslims.

So, Rupert Murdoch, a Jew, owns the Sun, the Times, and Fox News. These media outlets are pro-Israel and they regularly report false anti-Muslim stories as fact. Aside from the fact the Rupert Murdoch isn't actually a Jew, just because a media outlet is often anti-Muslim doesn't mean it is anti-Muslim because it's run by Jews.

Prejudice and ignorance is something we all share. To be prejudiced against Muslims doesn't mean it's because you're a Jew. You can be prejudiced because you don't know any better or maybe because you haven't had any good experiences of the people you are suspicious of. If we started having good opinions of others, others would have good opinions of us. If we saw the humanity in others, they would see the humanity in us.

What's more, if you find yourself denying the Holocaust and saying that Jews run the media, then you find yourself agreeing with the likes of the BNP.

Also, are they really "out to get" us? If so, who is "they"? Isn't this just a way of getting out of making an effort to educate ourselves about the world around us and deal with issues such as extremism, gangs and deprivation? Rather than be paranoid we need to be informed, engaged and actively making a positive difference in our own lives and our local communities.

Then who does run the world?

The world is a complicated place and conspiracy theories provide an easy way of getting around this complexity. Conspiracy theorists bend reality to suit their own ends and cut themselves off from anything that challenges them. But this is not to say that people don't plot and conspire and that governments don't keep secrets from their publics. They do. But this does not mean that there is a grand plan to oppress and enslave the world drawn up by Jews, Muslims or Freemasons. Nor does it mean that ET didn't go home or that Bruce Lee is still alive.

Conspiracy theories also hold people back from progress. Abdal Hakim Murad says that Muslim leaders don't understand modernity and its intricacies and so "they burble on about the 'International Zionist Masonic Conspiracy', or 'Baha'ism', or the 'New Crusader Invasion', or similar phantasms. If we want to understand why so many Islamic movements fail, we should perhaps begin by acknowledging that their leaders simply do not have the intellectual grasp of the modern world". [2]

If we then go in for conspiracy theories that reveals more about us than it does about the people we are making accusations against. Rather than engage and try to challenge injustices and wrongs some people prefer to sit around and think up elaborate conspiracy theories. By thinking more and more elaborately people believe they are making a difference. In fact conspiracy theories have little or no positive outcome and prevent people from getting involved in activism, politics and community organisations.

Nor does believing conspiracy theories help when we try to challenge stereotypes about Islam and Muslims. How can we explain to people that Muslims gave the world astronomy, algebra and hospitals when we believe that a fizzy pop logo backwards looks dodgy? You can't do it with a straight face.

In the Quran Allah (swt) says:

Say: "Nothing will happen to us except what Allah has decreed for us: He is our protector": and on Allah let the Believers put their trust.
[Qur'an 9:51]

Everything that happens, whether it seems good or bad, happens by the will of Allah (swt). We need to have enough faith to be able to see a wrong and believe that Allah (swt) will help us to put it right. But if we think that the wrong is being committed by a secret all-powerful cabal then we are left powerless. We put ourselves in a position where whatever we do doesn't make a difference to the evil plans of Satan's minions.

As far as conspiracy theories exploit racial and cultural prejudices they have the potential to pit people against each other and cause conflicts. We need to believe that we can make a real and positive difference to the world. To do that we need to first understand that making rash judgements and false allegations makes things worse not better.

References:

  1. Holocaust Denial Undermines Islam By Shaykh Hamza Yusuf at HAhmed.com
  2. SunniPath - Islam and the New Millennium

Comments

You
Member since:
24 June 2005
Last activity:
1 min 17 sec

Well written article with some very good deep thinking bits in there.

So, Rupert Murdoch, a Jew, owns the Sun, the Times, and Fox News. These media outlets are pro-Israel and they regularly report false anti-Muslim stories as fact. Aside from the fact the Rupert Murdoch isn't actually a Jew, just because a media outlet is often anti-Muslim doesn't mean it is anti-Muslim because it's run by Jews.

Lol - very cleverly phrased and put forward.

If we started having good opinions of others, others would have good opinions of us. If we saw the humanity in others, they would see the humanity in us.

Interesting point about reciprocity - though I doubt it's always true.

Its time to be angry.

You
Member since:
24 June 2005
Last activity:
1 min 17 sec

wednesday wrote:
:o there's no "I like" option on here...

There is a "rate this" top right.

Its time to be angry.

Dawud
Member since:
21 August 2005
Last activity:
2 months 3 days

Wow. We're the new dark lords?

*thinks*

Get me some bread peasant!

Excelleeent, I could get used to this Dark Lord business. Now, get me some Dairylea!

What do you mean Dairylea was outlawed because the cow on the front looked like it might be a zionist? Noooooooo...

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

You
Member since:
24 June 2005
Last activity:
1 min 17 sec

I stuck this on 7cgen and part of the replies I got were that I am only saying this because:

  1. I am a Jew Lover(TM)
  2. "We" are stooges of ISB (I had to clarify what that was - its the Islamic Society of Britain... no idea who they are)
  3. "We" are government funded by the through PVE, so ofcourse "we" would say that.

Do I smell delicious irony?

Its time to be angry.

You
Member since:
24 June 2005
Last activity:
1 min 17 sec

The other part was that Not ALL jews are evil and out to get us. Just 99% of them.

Its time to be angry.

You
Member since:
24 June 2005
Last activity:
1 min 17 sec

Not arrogance. I doubt any are callous by nature. Just prejudice. IMO.

But discussing them here is probably not a good idea - tantamount to back biting? go over there and have a look yourself.

Besides there was not a large group of repliers and I might have been stirring...

Its time to be angry.

Tasneem
Member since:
16 May 2009
Last activity:
5 years 6 months

Brilliantly put! It's not the jews, it never has been. i have met a number of Jewish people who are ant Isreal and campaign for Palestine. Most of the main media outlets in the world are owned by Pro Isreali's and furthermore most of the positions of power in politics belong to pro-Israeli's too.

Isreal has lobbied long and hard to get it's agenda on the table and unfortunately lobbying is something we are very premature at. The only way to stop what you see in the media or for that matter in Gaza, is not by complaining to each other, but by lobbying till you get change.

If you want the media to change become a part of it, so you can air your views. Lets be diplomatic here, you gotta be in it, to win it!

It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.

Tasneem
Member since:
16 May 2009
Last activity:
5 years 6 months

Salaam

Indeed I have. Many MP's and also a few journalists. They are very well trained in what to say and it is shocking because most of them are not jewish, they just have contacts who are pro Israeli too so they come from a strong network. Why do you ask?

It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.

You
Member since:
24 June 2005
Last activity:
1 min 17 sec

What is?

Its time to be angry.

Tasneem
Member since:
16 May 2009
Last activity:
5 years 6 months

wednesday wrote:
Do you know why the non-Jewish people support Israel? How can you say that they are very well trained rather than people with strong opinions?

By the way, That's so COOL!

Many of them feel obliged to help the Isreali's regain a "homeland". Just like many non-Muslims campaign for palestine, it's because they feel it's the right thing to do.

I say they are well trained because all Pro Israli spokesperson's in the media are breifed so they are all saying the same thing.For example in the last conflict they were all using the tagline "enough is enough". Israeli supporters teach thei children and students how to defend israel on all levels. they have understood the importance of the media and use it very well.

When the Gaza conflict was happening there was a piece of software in all Jewish societies in various universities. This software allowed students to see whenever Israel was blamed for the starting the war or accused of doing anything wrong. Students were alerted and 50, 000 students were active in defending israel on the web! We had nothing similar at the time! I'll post the link later for this.

It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.

AH (not verified)

Good article Sidi,indeed too many people blame others and conspiracy theories for the current persecution of our ummah when the true answer lies with us. We need to sort ourselves out first before we blame other people. We change ourselves and inshallah Allah will give us the victory. May Allah ease our suffering and guide us on the straigh path.Ameen.

rameez ashraf (not verified)

as salam
i was quite impresed by ur view TASNEEM
i hope very soon in the near future muslims will understand to defend themselves tecnically inshaALLAH

ahmed786 (not verified)

Dont be duped by these neo-qadiannis, The Jews Did Do It:

this article, as is the whole of it, and its magazine, has an agenda to convert muslims into british subjects, to do so they have change Islam to fit, so they invented a british "islam". Just like the Qadiannis were in british India, and we know they are kafir.
It is funded directly or indirectly by the government pve fund.
Consequently, much if not all, is actually assisted written work by government agencies and then falsely presented as the work of young muslims. You want proof ? well i have spoken with the perpetrators of this website, and it was admitted to me that even the editorial is not the work of the editor, and that the alleged picture of him is someone else !

Re this article;
I saw a documentary on more4, respected journalists were interviewed and they gave evidence on camera. One example showed jewish business men ( possibly mossad double agents) turning up at the office of a fleet st editor and making him an offer he couldnt refuse. they succesfully pressurred the editor to remove the article about Gaza . The jewish "conspiracy" is a proven fact, only fools would believe this silly article.

You
Member since:
24 June 2005
Last activity:
1 min 17 sec

You do realise that the Qadiyanis believe in a false prophet? That is what makes them kaafir.

Onto your critique of this article, there are like 14 million jews in the world. There are 1.6 BILLION Muslims in the world.

Are you seriously saying that you and all us muslims are so weak that we cannot stand up to a conspiracy by another community that is a thousandth of our size?

Are you saying that Islam is that weak?

I think its not. What I think is that the problem is different.

The problem is people like you - people believing in the conspiracies without requiring evidence - as long as the vpoice giving them is grave, its all good. More, you will cut down your own fellow Muslims who want the Muslims to have strength if you think such a thing challenges your false conspiracies.

So yes, there is a problem. But its not the jews or some other outside instigator. It is you.

Its time to be angry.

Anonymous1 (not verified)

The article is actually quite poor and does not achieve what it seeks out to do - dispel the notion of a Jewish conspiracy.

It's a kind of "there is a jewish conspiracy - no there ain't - yes there is - no there ain't" type of approach that leaves the reader no better off...

Regarding the non-existence of the 'New Crusader Invasion', this is indicative of scholars who have no political expertise to speak of. There is a war on Islam going on and anyone who bothers to do a google search will find persuasive arguments with evidence. It's akin to denying there ever was a cold war.

Makes you wonder who has a grasp and who does not have a grasp of the modern world...

ShaykhGoogle (not verified)

Anonymous1 wrote:
There is a war on Islam going on and anyone who bothers to do a google search will find persuasive arguments with evidence. It's akin to denying there ever was a cold war.

It is only Google that can enlighten the Ummah and show it the truth. And yet there are Muslims who seek to deny the evidence that is presented on their internet browsers.

Yahoo is run by Jews. There are clear proofs for this. Why do you think it's called Yahoo? You only need to "d" and "i" at the end of Yahoo and it will become clear to you.

Beast
Member since:
24 June 2005
Last activity:
2 years 11 months

ahmed786 wrote:
Dont be duped by these neo-qadiannis, The Jews Did Do It:

The Jews did what?

ahmed786 wrote:
It is funded directly or indirectly by the government pve fund.

What is your proof?

ahmed786 wrote:
It is funded directly or indirectly by the government pve fund.
Consequently, much if not all, is actually assisted written work by government agencies and then falsely presented as the work of young muslims.

I had no assistance in writing the above from the government apart from a state education. I suspect you've had a state education too. Therefore, everything that you write has been assisted by the government. Aha! You are on a mission to give all Muslims British passports, benefits, civil rights and state-funded healthcare. You heartless basta**! May God have mercy on your soul.

ahmed786 wrote:
You want proof ? well i have spoken with the perpetrators of this website, and it was admitted to me that even the editorial is not the work of the editor, and that the alleged picture of him is someone else !

That's not proof. That's an allegation that you are making. Just because you type something out on a keyboard doesn't mean it's evidence.

ahmed786 wrote:
Re this article;
I saw a documentary on more4, respected journalists were interviewed and they gave evidence on camera. One example showed jewish business men ( possibly mossad double agents) turning up at the office of a fleet st editor and making him an offer he couldnt refuse. they succesfully pressurred the editor to remove the article about Gaza . The jewish "conspiracy" is a proven fact, only fools would believe this silly article.

Lets take your premise here as fact. An Israeli intelligence agent pressured an editor to drop a story about Gaza. That's not a Jewish conspiracy! That's the intelligence agent doing his job - he is there to do whatever he can to defend the state of Israel. Yes, you can say that it is underhand, it undermines freedom of the press, it is unethical - and I would agree with you. But that's what spys, lobbysits, spin doctors etc do! That's their job. That is no evidence of a Jewish conspiracy.

If you are gonna join in with other people's hyper imagination and undue paranoia then do it. But don't think that your crazy thoughts are fact - it is merely your opinion. Your opinion is not a fact, not a proof and is no basis for you calling other Muslims kaafir.

Beast
Member since:
24 June 2005
Last activity:
2 years 11 months

Anonymous1 wrote:
The article is actually quite poor and does not achieve what it seeks out to do - dispel the notion of a Jewish conspiracy.

I'll try harder next time.

Anonymous1 wrote:
It's a kind of "there is a jewish conspiracy - no there ain't - yes there is - no there ain't" type of approach that leaves the reader no better off...

Sorry if my sacrcasm didn't have its desired effect.

Anonymous1 wrote:
Regarding the non-existence of the 'New Crusader Invasion', this is indicative of scholars who have no political expertise to speak of. There is a war on Islam going on and anyone who bothers to do a google search will find persuasive arguments with evidence. It's akin to denying there ever was a cold war.

Yeah, if you want to know whether there's war going on all you need is a politics degree and Google.

Anonymous1 wrote:
Makes you wonder who has a grasp and who does not have a grasp of the modern world...

If only I had been taught to use Google at a younger age. Damn you Ask Jeeves!
S F Alam (not verified)

Brothers, Please. It was a good article explaining about that anything which goes wrong is not done by Jews. very true.

But also, there is no hands of Jews in any such events and they are not against Islam is a question which needs to be understand first and then answered.

Both the above point have a faint hint and we can keep assuming things as our minds keep telling us, but one fact which is known and cannot be denied is that We together as Muslim lack the Imaan and believe In Allah (SWT), which keeps us so down morally and physically, which keeps us in the hands of any crap flowing around. 

We are Muslims and We are a community which was sent down by Allah to teach people the best of ways to lead a life, not to quarrel among ourselves. How can a Muslim blame other Muslim of being "Kaafir" and take pride in it.