Hajj

Salaam

I have Hajj on my mind at the moment.

Why do we leave it so late? Why is everything else in the world more important to do hajj?

Why do people claim that they cant afford it, but can afford a house, new car, getting married, getting through uni etc

Why is getting married, going Uni, getting a job, having babies, getting children through Uni, getting them married all priotised before hajj?

Is Hajj any more or less of a Fard act then reading Salaah?

During Hajj, why are the largest group of elderly people the Pakistani's and the youngest the Indonesians?

Lastly, when do you see yourself doing Hajj?

p.s. Admin get some Haj articles up on the main site.

Wasalaam

Tags: 

Wsalam

You've been to hajj, haven't you?

Are you going again this year?

My mum asked me to come this year but I can't really get a month off school :/ I guess I did prioritise the world over the deen but I just dont think it would be clever to do that. I thought of taking a gap year and asking parents to go next year but then didn't. At the end of the day, mashaAllah they have been 'called' to the house of Allah this year an I'm not gna put them off going now since anything can happen in a year.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

MuslimSister wrote:
Why is getting married, going Uni, getting a job, having babies, getting children through Uni, getting them married all priotised before hajj?

Because hajj can be limited to a handful of days out of a very long life.

It is better to get it done early though, and it can be used to try and bring Islam more into a person's life.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Wsalam

You've been to hajj, haven't you?

Are you going again this year?

My mum asked me to come this year but I can't really get a month off school :/ I guess I did prioritise the world over the deen but I just dont think it would be clever to do that. I thought of taking a gap year and asking parents to go next year but then didn't. At the end of the day, mashaAllah they have been 'called' to the house of Allah this year an I'm not gna put them off going now since anything can happen in a year.

Went when I was around 19...Inshallah, planning on going again. Waiting for visas to come back.

Dont delay hajj. Even if you're in school - it only takes a minimum of 6days. You dont have to do the full 2-3week visit.

It's good that you encouraged your parents. It's true. Anything can happen. I've been on my husbands case since we've got married to go...every year some new excuse comes up. Its the way of the world.

You go with groups and wouldnt be allowed to come back earlier would u? Anyway I dont think my parents would want to stay just for 6days!

(I didn't encourage my parents)

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

I wanna go Hajj ASAP (as soon as i can afford). Although i would love to taje my mum with me, if i can't afford to or other issues arise i've been told that's no excuse for me not to go, i should still go if I can afford and i'm healthy enough etc.

Can't this year but i'll make an intention from now to go next year insha Allah. Mash' Allah you got to go when you was 19, at 22 years old i feel....well old now compared to you going at that age :/ i think it will help one mature aswell if they go at a young age somehow.

(why am i getting excited, as if i'm going for sure next year? Lol ah well Biggrin )

Jazakallah khair for the reminder Biggrin oh and since you've been before can i ask for anything that might help me prepare for it?.....(seriously feel like i'm going allready)

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

MuslimSister wrote:

bump up Sephy and MS' blogs too...?

Foysol89 wrote:

Jazakallah khair for the reminder Biggrin oh and since you've been before can i ask for anything that might help me prepare for it?.....(seriously feel like i'm going allready)

Aside from learning about the rites of Hajj - do lots and lots of reading. Particulary about the virtues of Hajj, the significance behind the blessed places, how pious people in the past did their hajj.

Been reading up on stories about religious people who took YEARS to get to hajj cos after every two feet they would stop and read two shukr nafl etc

Attend all the seminars, talks etc.

P.s get fit too. lol. I usually join the gym before I'm due to go to saudi.

MuslimSister wrote:
Foysol89 wrote:

Aside from learning about the rites of Hajj - do lots and lots of reading. Particulary about the virtues of Hajj, the significance behind the blessed places, how pious people in the past did their hajj.

Been reading up on stories about religious people who took YEARS to get to hajj cos after every two feet they would stop and read two shukr nafl etc

Attend all the seminars, talks etc.

P.s get fit too. lol. I usually join the gym before I'm due to go to saudi.

Jazakallah again for the advice, deffo gonna do some reading up insha Allah. Oh and don't worry about fitness, i've got that one on lock Smile just need to prepare for the extreme heat.....maybe i'll spend hours in the sauna..lol

Thanks once again, i feel like packing my bags already...just got a lot saving to do insha Allah (this means no more shopping, or atleast less of it)

Foysol89 wrote:

Thanks once again, i feel like packing my bags already...just got a lot saving to do insha Allah (this means no more shopping, or atleast less of it)

Starts with the intention. Saving is a secondary thing...I remember that whenever I've made the intention to do Hajj, my mahrams havent necessarily been in a position to make it happen....but it all sort of fell into place in the end.

Just need to make your intention strong enough.

MuslimSister wrote:
Foysol89 wrote:

Starts with the intention. Saving is a secondary thing...I remember that whenever I've made the intention to do Hajj, my mahrams havent necessarily been in a position to make it happen....but it all sort of fell into place in the end.

Just need to make your intention strong enough.

True, thanks for the reminder. Same happened with my younger bro this Ramadan, he made a strong intention to go umrah having liitle money and even being refused a visa but alhamdulillah he got to go in the end. Everything starts with the intention. Jazakallah khair Smile

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
MuslimSister wrote:

bump up Sephy and MS' blogs too...?

(yes 3 parts! but I remember it being worth the read Smile )

Salaam Alaykum

Can everyone please raise their hands and make dua that everyone who has made the intention to do hajj this year, is all ready and just needs to get there - actually does! Including my parents. It would be much much appreciated. JazakAllah.

I was reading somewhere about the major signs of the day of judgement a few months ago.

I am pretty sure that one of them was that there would be a riot at hajj or something (and this would happen soon after the democratic takeover of constantinople).

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
I was reading somewhere about the major signs of the day of judgement a few months ago.

I am pretty sure that one of them was that there would be a riot at hajj or something (and this would happen soon after the democratic takeover of constantinople).

There's often riots in Hajj. Usually, the shia/sunni based ones.

Heard there was one planned for this time too.

I'd never thought that would happen at hajj.

It supposed to be being peaceful and all.

You wrote:
I'd never thought that would happen at hajj.

It supposed to be being peaceful and all.

+1

How exactly do they riot during hajj :s how do they even have the time to do so