When will it be Eid - Sunni v Wa'abi

When will we celebrate Eid?
Will we all celebrate it on the same day? probably not!!! I ask why dont we just have one day for the whole of the UK? When some mosques follow Saudi, it is outrageous.

btw - i am a sunni and there is no way my mosque will even think about celebrating it on the same day as the neighbouring Wa'abi mosque...

Tags: 

its not always sectarian, and people from the same sect can do eid on different days.

We don't even need it on one day in the whole of the UK - just for every community/city to have it on one day even if that differs from another location.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

im sunni (hanafi) and we generally have eid the day after, apparently we follow south africa or morocco, nothing at all to do with being wa'abi or not

We're suppose to be one Ummah but we celebrate Eid on different days no wonder people laugh at us - some times one family celebrates Eid on 3 different days

We are not one Ummah and I don't think we are ever going to be Sunni are split Deoband Hanafi and Shaafi

Shia which in my view are not Muslim they show hate towards hazart Abu Bakar r.a hazar Aisa r.a and a few others how dare they do such a thing

They have there own name for sum Surahs like
they call surah Zetoon Surah Teen,they keep banging on about Dua -e- Komail - Nad-e- Ali Kabeer and Sagheer dua -e- nudba and goodness knows what else
They do Mutah marriage which so so sick

Wahabi don't Khatams and stuff

Please people follow the SUNNI way

My English is not very good

Do you pray maghrib when the sun goes down where you are or where it goes down elsewhere? Why doesnt the whole world have maghrib at the same time?

Unity is not everyone doing the same thing.

and many surahs are known by many different names. Why is that even an issue?

and its weird for you to promote sectarianism especially as it is not too long ago that you were commenting negatively on religion as a whole.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Do you pray maghrib when the sun goes down where you are or where it goes down elsewhere? Why doesnt the whole world have maghrib at the same time?

That is to do with the sun and different time zones

The Shia Islamic faith is vast and inclusive of many different groups. Shia theological beliefs, and religious practise such as prayers slightly differ from the Sunnis. While all Muslims pray 5 times daily, Shi'as have the option of always combining Zohar with Asr and Maghrib with Isha, as there are 3 distinct times mentioned in the Qur'an. The Sunnis tend to combine only under certain circumstances

You wrote:

Unity is not everyone doing the same thing.

but we are not united the shia dont say YA in some of the surah's they read and
Sunnis believe the Mahdi will appear sometime in the future, Shias believe the Mahdi was already on earth, is currently the "hidden imam" who works through mujtahids to interpret Qur'an; and will return at the end of time.

You wrote:

and many surahs are known by many different names. Why is that even an issue?

Shia have given some surah's there own names

You wrote:

and its weird for you to promote sectarianism especially as it is not too long ago that you were commenting negatively on religion as a whole.

Allah says I can show a person the light of Islam when I want and that is the case with me

When I was being negatively you did not like it now I am being a bit positive you don't like it

Why are you defending shia's for? I'm sure your not a shia because you seem far far intelligent then that and will you go as far as defending Mutah marriages?

Allah says I can show a person the light of Islam when I want and that is the case with me

When I was being negatively you did not like it now I am being a bit positive you don't like it

Why are you defending shia's for? I'm sure your not a shia because you seem far far intelligent then that and will you go as far as defending Mutah marriages?[/quote]

I quoted it wrong :/

Lets be nice shall we? we do actually have a shia member on revvy and i dnt think he would be too happy about ^^^

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

bilan wrote:

Lets be nice shall we? we do actually have a shia member on revvy and i dnt think he would be too happy about ^^^

I know its malik, he winds people up with his crazy stories that he digs out from god know where?
I could not give a roza about what he thinks

lollywood wrote:
bilan wrote:

I know its malik, he winds people up with his crazy stories that he digs out from god know where?

euh..apart from the Roza bit (pss..SI..that dont sound too cool- remember make roti not riot!) i kinda agree with this.

anyyyyyyyywwwwwaaaaayyyyyyy.Its waHabi, if ya gona insult anyone, do it properly Wink

and (Y) at admin trying to explain all that! takbeer for admin!

and at bilz... i can only shake my head child...do not blame the masters when the the student fails.. WE HAVE PASSED ON THE KNOWLEDGE OF QUOTING! not my fault her brain does osmosis of knowledge with the air around it...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

ypu people would rather go out talk to women date women fornicate and do all sorts but mutta was never banned until uthman did so after he stopped it people were commiting sin if done correctly then you can why would the prophet allow such a thing then for it to be stopped is it not just as bad with all the temptation in the west get real ppl umar liked changing many things.. where on earth did taraweeh come from it is meant to be a twenty nafal prayer on your own not in a congregation and even Ali ibn abu talib tried to stop people but the reply was we are following the sunnah of umar and ali would say i am telling you the sunna of the prophet and you are telling me the sunnah of umar get real people...

oh and mutta which the prophet did not ban have any of you heard of Nikah Misyar come on you create this instead of mutta keep changing things like umar...

Why does everyone think that just cos u do Eid on the same day as Saudi ur a Wahabi

dont they realise just how ignorant that sounds

Lilly wrote:

euh..apart from the Roza bit (pss..SI..that dont sound too cool- remember make roti not riot!) i kinda agree with this
anyyyyyyyywwwwwaaaaayyyyyyy.Its waHabi, if ya gona insult anyone, do it properly Wink

I did not write Wa'abi I know its Wahabi

we are not making any riots

fnhdifhdkf wrote:
ypu people would rather go out talk to women date women fornicate and do all sorts but mutta was never banned until uthman did so after he stopped it people were commiting sin if done correctly then you can why would the prophet allow such a thing then for it to be stopped is it not just as bad with all the temptation in the west get real ppl umar liked changing many things.. where on earth did taraweeh come from it is meant to be a twenty nafal prayer on your own not in a congregation and even Ali ibn abu talib tried to stop people but the reply was we are following the sunnah of umar and ali would say i am telling you the sunna of the prophet and you are telling me the sunnah of umar get real people...

oh and mutta which the prophet did not ban have any of you heard of Nikah Misyar come on you create this instead of mutta keep changing things like umar...

I laugh at you

The shia people don't know who there real father is because they are all born from Mutah relationships because of this there is always a lanat on there face and that lanant show a lot during the times of Muharram they hit there selfs with chains why because they know that they are in the wrong but they don't want to change there wrong ways

You wrote the name of Hazrat Umar r.a like he is your lil bro have some respect

I don't know whether to smile at the enthusiasm shown by Lollywood or not, lol

Lollywood, can you like do a blog about how you suddenly chose Islam to be the right faith for you to follow, and how your perception changed so quickly? Biggrin Blum 3

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
I don't know whether to smile at the enthusiasm shown by Lollywood or not, lol

Lollywood, can you like do a blog about how you suddenly chose Islam to be the right faith for you to follow, and how your perception changed so quickly? Biggrin Blum 3

One can see the light of Islam at any time besides my family are all Sunni Musilms and have been for some time

lollywood wrote:
bilan wrote:

Shouldnt think like that. You may not agree with his views, but there is a way to express urself in a better way, shall we say? cos u kinda insulted the entire shia population by ur comments..not so good.

yh I agree with feefs. write a blog. 'How if find my way to lollywood' or suin like tht, totally cool title i must say.

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

bilan wrote:

Shouldnt think like that. You may not agree with his views, but there is a way to express urself in a better way, shall we say? cos u kinda insulted the entire shia population by ur comments..not so good.

yh I agree with feefs. write a blog. 'How if find my way to lollywood' or suin like tht, totally cool title i must say.

But he say silly things like only shia sisters can make good house wives, a Sunni person can-will take offence to that in other words he does not care about the offence he causes so why should anyone else

lollywood wrote:
bilan wrote:

But he say silly things like only shia sisters can make good house wives, a Sunni person can-will take offence to that in other words he does not care about the offence he causes so why should anyone else

yes SI. thats true. but be he better one of the two. Be patient. Let's leave it. IT's Ramadan, let's go on another more interesting topic. Let's not comment on anything said there. ITs being discussed thousands time before. let it just be known that idisagree with MAlik and that anon poster

ironically its those so called wahhabis you would follow if you were deciding the date for haj, but ignore those wahabis for the Eid date in England, follow Bangladesh, Pakistan or any other country except Saudi double standards or what?

The term wahabi has nothing to do with deciding upon Eid, its a juristic difference, the problem lies with the ulema. They should be uniting the ummah with 1 fixed date, yet they divide us, and some of us parrot their views and divide us further. Leave the arguing for the ulema and follow the Eid date as given by your local masjid enough already im tired, this is such a old old argument.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

The people who do hajj are in that location and have to follow the rules for there. (or alternatively we could argue that the saudis are liable for messing everyone's hajj up...). And no, we don't always blindly do eid here the day after the Saudi's do hajj in Saudi.

We do eid ul adha here depending on the moon sighting issues *here*.

(I was terribly disapointed that they futzed up the ramadan starting day here bu following abroad when the moon couldn't possibly be seen here).

Besides, in Saudi, the moon is often "seen" before it is possible, or even born (or seen by a blind man while all the people with healthy eyesight fail to see it), so the sightings there are circumspect.

The hadith that mentions the start of a month does not specify that the month starts when the moon is (allegedly) seen in Saudi Arabia and blindlyfollowing Saudi even in if the case was that you you can trust them would be bid'ah and counter to the hadith.

That is not a sunni wahabi issue, but an issue of trust and reliability. You can't follow it blindly (especially as their view is that you can't folow past scholars blindly, following them blindly is kind of hypocritical).

For those that say that if there is testimony of moon sighting, we must accept it no matter what, I will remind them that in the time of Hadhrat Umar (ra), Hadhrat Uthmaan (ra) saw the moon once and Hadhrat Umar (ra) discounted it on the basis that it was more likely to be a hair from the eyebrows that was confused to be the thin cresent of the moon.

You wrote:
The moon couldn't possibly be seen here).

Does that mean we start to ignore saudi?

You wrote:

Besides, in Saudi, the moon is often "seen" before it is possible, or even born (or seen by a blind man while all the people with healthy eyesight fail to see it), so the sightings there are circumspect.

?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

I am just pointing out that moon sighting there does not always seem logical and possible.

eid = 3 days
so
start fasting = when we see the moon ourselves
celebrate eid = all 3 days of it
make up any days after (if we've fasted less than the full month)

how is this difficult?

well, fasting is difficult, but how is working this out difficult?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
eid = 3 days
so
start fasting = when we see the moon ourselves
celebrate eid = all 3 days of it
make up any days after (if we've fasted less than the full month)

how is this difficult?

well, fasting is difficult, but how is working this out difficult?

im totally lost.

Does it not annoy y'all that when asked by white folk why do we celebrate Eid tmrw when person X is celebrating today. What the do you say?

Hajjar wrote:
ironically its those so called wahhabis you would follow if you were deciding the date for haj

[/quote]
Apparently they've been doing hajj on the wrong date for the past 15 years...

Anyway you *have* to follow them for hajj, don't you

People first need to understand first who calls waabi waabis need to know who they are

-they folllow the sunnah the way it is suppoe to be followed

-they follow islam the way it is suppose to be followed

-and lastly they follow the sunnah more then these bralavies

who beliwve in khatams where is the proof, believe in, milad again proof, they ask the dead again proof,  islam is based on what the prophet pbuh and shaba where on not wot your local molvi is on

Firstly, it's Wahabbi, wa'abi

and secondly it's not about when one mosque decides to do it it's supposed to be about the sighting of the moon

*sigh*

this is what happens when you follow the lunar cycle...

I get you.  i know what we are supposed to be doing.  but this listing was posted last year.  And i was proved right.  Bet you we do it on different days again!!! 

the point im making is, why do we muslims cant  agree on one date for Eid.  Its the same moon right??? lol

Pages