Inshallah, Subhanallah, Alhumdulilah!

34 posts / 0 new
Last post

The Abuser of Arabic

Arabic hands down is probably one of the world’s most beautiful languages. It’s no surprise that even non-Arab Muslims would do everything they can to show the world their Arabic skills. However sometimes sentences become extremely awkward after it has been "Arabized". For example, a sentence like "InshAllah the mosque plans to hold an open house next Friday inshAllah and inshAllah it will be a success inshAllah.. Jazakallah for listening" can be semi-translated to "If God wills the mosque plans to hold an open house next Friday God-willing and God-willing it will be a success if God wills... may God grant you for listening."

I think instead of saying ‘uhhs’ and ‘umms’ a lot of people tend to just throw in a few inshAllahs and subhanAllahs just to make it sound more Islamic. I think that’s more disrespectful if anything. There are also the uncles who throw Arabic words in the wrong places.

Awful:

Girl: Guess what I just brought like four hijaabs at this store cos they were having a super Sale

Guy: INSHALLAH!!

Guy: I just got back from my mothers funeral

Guy: MASHALLAH!!!

Kid: I just got an A on my maths test

Guy: ASTAGFIRULLAH!!!!

[url= Muslim [/url]

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Girl: Guess what I just brought like four hijaabs at this store cos they were having a super Sale

Guy: INSHALLAH!!

Guy: I just got back from my mothers funeral

Guy: MASHALLAH!!!

Kid: I just got an A on my maths test

Guy: ASTAGFIRULLAH!!!!

hahahahahahaha thats funny Lol

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
Arabic hands down is probably one of the world’s most beautiful languages.

nah its way too confusing, I always found frech better, lilsis that is koranic arabic u mean right?

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"MuslimSister" wrote:
“Inshallah” which means “God willing"

No, it doesn't. I think the meaning is closer to "God so please(!)".

Pages