[US] 6 year old child sued for crashing her bike into old woman when she was 4.

A New York child can be sued for crashing a bicycle into an elderly pedestrian and causing injuries that led to her death, a judge has ruled.

Read more @

Tags: 

WTH

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
WTH

WTF! Thats ridiculous and stupid!The things that happen Urg!

Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.

I don't like the American-led practice of always seeking legal retribution but, who knows, you may just feel angry enough about something to seek retribution yourself someday. The system is all set up and ready for action.

Given that as a context, is it a senseless ruling? It might be complicated to sue the parents directly for negligence. If they were not keeping the kids close - and I don't pretend it's easy - perhaps a court hearing is right and proper. Perhaps the parents were plain belligerent up to this point. A lady suffered terrible injuries and died. A judgement hasn't been made. However one would hope the American system can provide support to the kid, who might never get over this. :?

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

One sec.
Is the child boy or girl?
It says "...Sued for crashing her bike...", but "...when he was 4..."
(I don't like nit-picking, Sorry!)

Love is a serious mental disease.

Yes, that is one cunfused child!

(I have now fixed the title.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.