Explosions: How We Shook the World

Already watched it. I was expecting abit more for some reason.

What mroe could you expect?

I thought it was brilliant.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

No mention of car bombs, IEDs, suicide bombs, ect.

Didn't focus much on contemporary explosions/bombs. Most of the programme was pre 20th century. It felt like I was watching the history channel.

its talking about explosives and explosions more than their use really - the engineering behind the explosions more than their political impact.

IED's are generally a type of shaped explosive.

(the show did avoid mentioning many things, but they were not essential to its remit - for instance how the germans got rid of the batch reaction that was used as part of the process to form dynamite [the one legged stool bit] to a new continuous reaction that was much safer and did not require a single person sitting on a one legged stool to keep on top of things.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I think it was Channel 4 who did a two-part programme on the car bomb. Now that was interesting.

Terrorist!

(it seems like you are much more interested in the social side of explosions rather than the engineering aspect?)

You wrote:
(it seems like you are much more interested in the social side of explosions rather than the engineering aspect?)

Yep.

Here's the if you want to watch it.

You wrote:
Terrorist!

Semtex belt brah.

jk