It's cold outside...

[size=18]'Snowstorms on way' for chilly UK [/size]

Severe wintry weather is being forecast for the UK, with as much as 20cm of snow causing disruption in some parts by the weekend, the Met Office says.

Snow is most likely in Scotland and eastern England but south-east England, north Wales, the Midlands and Northern Ireland may also be hit from Thursday.

Snow, sleet and hail will be coupled with gale force icy winds and wind chill temperatures as low as -10C.

Snow in November is "unusual, but not unheard of", the Met Office says.

The forecast follows days of freezing conditions across the UK and warnings of hazardous driving conditions due to dense fog.

[b]Nowhere 'immune' [/b]

Daytime temperatures are expected to be around 2C to 4C, dropping below freezing at night.

The Met Office is predicting a colder and drier than average winter for the UK with more frequent cold snaps.

The last time winter temperatures dropped below the UK average was 10 years ago in 1995/6.

[url=

If it gets especially cold, then we'll have power cuts.

No bloody kidding it's cold

How do you people live this far north of the equater?!

It's not natural - there are people walking around outside with no coats and its amost 30 degrees!!!

One good thing to come out of this weather is the cancellation of early morning lectures. Biggrin

It's just a shame my earliest lecture is at 10. Sad

fog...

the silent killer...

staring...

some unknown number of random people.

lol, Manchester and Oldham seem to be surrounded by a dense cloud of fog...

whilst driving i could barely see three cars ahead on full beam.

Weather forecast says its gonna be there till the end of the week.

Not looking forward to driving thru that again tomorow morning. :?

Back in BLACK

"Constantine" wrote:
No bloody kidding it's cold

How do you people live this far north of the equater?!

It's not natural - there are people walking around outside with no coats and its amost 30 degrees!!!

you don't need a coat, the trick is to wear three or four tee-shirts and you won't feel a thing (providing you do some moderate exercise).

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Does warm milk help?

You should know...

only if your indoors, I usually prefer taking my milk with a shot of cream but dunno if that would keep you extra warm. Dirol

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

unlike past years gone by, this year i have prepared in advance Dirol

leather socks - not only do they preserve your feet to save yourself washing em wen u do wudhu all the tym, they are also very warm and your feet dont get wet or cold!

lol....fuuniest part yet....dunno if i shud share....but i bought a pair of underwear-pants that are full legth to go underneath my jeans.....bloody warm i tell ya Lol

otherwise usual 1 jacket/hoody.....1 t-shirt and this year i got a scarf as well!

and coz the bald is no good for winter, a cap

cold? what cold? Smile

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

...I was stupid enough to go out today without a coat on. I only wore a thick jumper...I left the house in a rush and it seemed sunny outside from my bedroom window...it WAS very sunny, but extremly cold at the same time.

On top of that, I was so late this morning so I never had time to dry my hair.

If I catch a cold I'll only have myself to blame...

"MuslimSister" wrote:
...I was stupid enough to go out today without a coat on. I only wore a thick jumper...I left the house in a rush and it seemed sunny outside from my bedroom window...it WAS very sunny, but extremly cold at the same time.

On top of that, I was so late this morning so I never had time to dry my hair.

If I catch a cold I'll only have myself to blame...

lol... and Alveenasicle

if you will

"Constantine" wrote:

lol... and Alveenasicle

if you will

Lol..I'm very sleepy at the moment.

Alveenasicle?

lol you're Alveena - and you were cold like an [i]icesicle[/i]

making you an [i]Alveenasicle[/i]

hahahaha

what the hell was I thinking?!

"Constantine" wrote:
lol you're Alveena - and you were cold like an [i]icesicle[/i]

making you an [i]Alveenasicle[/i]

hahahaha

what the hell was I thinking?!

Lol..

I wouldnt have got that even if I was wide awake...

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Lol..

I wouldnt have got that even if I was wide awake...

lol why are you so tired anyway?

It's only 11 isn't it?

It appears the young lady has collapsed on her keyboard.

Poor girl

"Constantine" wrote:

Poor girl

No, just writing a long post.

Again...

"Enver" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

Poor girl

Again...

Lol! Yes, I was writing a long waffly post in another thread...

I'm tired cos I was out all day with my mate, in the cold and she lives far away...I walked a LOT today.

Then from 6-9 I as sitting in a lecture at Uni...I just came home an hour ago and had my dinner.

The forum boards still seem to be working on British summer time or whatever, can any of the Admin stick em back an hour, please.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Enver" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

Poor girl

Again...

Lol! Yes, I was writing a long waffly post in another thread...

I'm tired cos I was out all day with my mate, in the cold and she lives far away...I walked a LOT today.

Then from 6-9 I as sitting in a lecture at Uni...I just came home an hour ago and had my dinner.

No car?!

That won't do!

Maybe you should go to bed?

My dad is a fussy guy...but he has seen a car in Manchester. But neither of us have any time to travel up north to check it out. In the meantime I'm still travelling on buses.

I'll go to bed when I know that my sisters have fallen asleep...there is no way I can sleep when they are up giggling/chatting/acting stupid...

"MuslimSister" wrote:
My dad is a fussy guy...but he has seen a car in Manchester. But neither of us have any time to travel up north to check it out. In the meantime I'm still travelling on buses.

I'll go to bed when I know that my sisters have fallen asleep...there is no way I can sleep when they are up giggling/chatting/acting stupid...

haha looks like yall are getting lost in the details on the car - dunno how you can stand buses. I suppose when forced to...

lol sorry didn't mean to sound patronizing - just looking for ways to amuse you tonight.

Not feeling my normal self - must be the tylenol.

With the exception of bad judgement by muslimsis, a lot of ppl who go out in the cold without a coat do so in the main coz they wana look "nice". Beauty before health....death before beauty more like :roll:

One of my mates never wore a coat through her entire secondary education. One winter there was gale force winds, topped with snow, ask her if she was cold she'd say na na no, i'm not cold ahahaha, shivering to death. I just don't understand them.

It was only a few years later I spotted her with a coat, in complete shock I said omg you're wearing a COAT take it off!!!

On another note, I actually don't mind the cold, I've always loved winter. Every year I pray for snow and don't seem to get much more than a drizzle. I'm counting the winters till we get some knee high snow, so I can have a much loved snow ball fight hee hee lol.

:shock:

cold is awful-

i always wear two thick jumpers or tops AND a thick coat and gloves

only drawback of wearing a scarf is that u cant wear a scarf round ur neck-

thats my fashion complaint

Salam

I eat fish and don't feel any cold at all.

Its best defence against cold.

But remember to buy fresh whole, and get your mum to cook it for you.

What else is she for ?

Omrow

salaam

i have always thawt the cold is better than the warmth only coz u feel like takin everything off when its warm BIG NO NO!!! and when its cold u can jus keep adding on more layers and helps in the best possible way and u dont get all paranoid about lookin fat coz every1 does lol

i hate the cold :evil:

i love the sun

sunglasses - t-shirts - 3 quarters - sandals

beach

heaven

Dirol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

I rarely feel cold...

But in the last few days I have felt it.

Apparently the Met office has predicted a very cold winter...

... so cold there may be a gas shortage! (businesses may have to close during certain hours...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

Apparently the Met office has predicted a very cold winter...

Apparently the story at the top of the thread says this too.

:roll:

I think we gona have the worse winter! When we went down south this weekend i thought, hey we might be lucky to get some good weather down there, no luck but scotland weather was worse, down south seemed to have "good" weather compared to here....

I like to stay warm but i have an alergy to coats, they are thick, stuffy and sufficating! I like wearing long jackets and warm short cardigans under my jacket

either that...

or your lying - they dont make jackets your size.... or you get lost within your jacket Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Pages