Interbew Q&A Technique

Job interviews can be tough. They will sometimes throw really weird and awkward questions at you JUST to see what you say.
And in this day and age where the job markets pretty tough, i think we should help our fellow members get a job!

The one question i hate that comes up in almost every interviews is:

Q. What are your salary expectations?
And whats awkward about this question is you could potentially undersell yourself or inadvertently ask for waaayyy too much and based on which they might turn you down.

I always say something like: My salary is as important to me as yours is to you and i just ask you be fair.

So inlight of that, post all interview questions you've been asked here and what you answered. Or should have answered. Also any helpful tips you can give.

Tags: 

Q: How do we know that you will always work the hardest for us?

A(wrong): Well, it would be wrong not to *laugh*

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Q: How do we know that you will always work the hardest for us?

A(wrong): Well, it would be wrong not to *laugh*

I woulda said:

A: Well, theres only one way to find out. Hire me and you'll see. If you dont like wat you see, ill help myself to your stationary and let myself out Lol

Back in BLACK

Q. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
A. In your job lol (wrong)
A. climbing the corporate ladder etc..

but the one that confunds me is:

Q. Why should we hire you and not someone else?
A. Bcoz I AM THE BEST THERE IS, THE BEST THERE WAS AND THE BEST THERE EVERY WILL BE!! AND MR INTERVIEWER IF YOU TURN ME DOWN, YOU BETTER EAT YOUR VITAMINS AND SAY YOUR PRAYERS!! (atlest thats wat i say in my head...)

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:

A. Bcoz I AM THE BEST THERE IS, THE BEST THERE WAS AND THE BEST THERE EVERY WILL BE!! AND MR INTERVIEWER IF YOU TURN ME DOWN, YOU BETTER EAT YOUR VITAMINS AND SAY YOUR PRAYERS!! (atlest thats wat i say in my head...)

I have a proven track record of achievements where I have done similar tasks and I have consistently achieved the required targets. In my mind you will be taking a bigger chance by going for someone else who is an unproven quanity. I have done job X for X amount of time and my track record is proven. I am a boon to you and my skills will benefit you.

^^yuck yuck yuck. I hate sales and selling. even myself or my own skills, or lack thereof. If they are not apparent, they probably don't exist.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

I have a proven track record of achievements where I have done similar tasks and I have consistently achieved the required targets. In my mind you will be taking a bigger chance by going for someone else who is an unproven quanity. I have done job X for X amount of time and my track record is proven. I am a boon to you and my skills will benefit you.

did u seriously jst call urself a boon?

Back in BLACK

Another question i thought of was:

Q. Why do u want to work for us?

Back in BLACK

"the money".

"Tell me a little bit more about yourself..."

Fool I would hate that! Would feel so nervous and wouldn't have a clue of what to say :/

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

At the end of an interview, you will most likely be asked to ask the interviewer any questions. Here are some questions you should avoid asking, and yes, they are real questions which have been asked:

* What is your Zodiac sign?
* Do I have to dress for the next interview?
* I know this is off the subject, but will you marry me?
* Will the company pay to relocate my horse?
* When is pay day?
* Would it be a problem if I'm angry most of the time?
* Why am I here?

MuslimBro wrote:
At the end of an interview, you will most likely be asked to ask the interviewer any questions. Here are some questions you should avoid asking, and yes, they are real questions which have been asked:

* When is pay day?
* Why am I here?

Lol i dont believe it!

i had an interview for uni and they actually asked me, what my life experience was (tht i could bring to this course i think) and what went through my head was : WHT THE HELL???? LIFE EXPERIENCE???? LADY, IM 18! WHT LIFE EXPERIENCE DO U EXPECT ME TO HAVE??????!

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

MuslimBro wrote:

* When is pay day?
* Why am I here?

lol idiots.

So how did you respond bilan?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

lol, no comment feefs Lol

but i got in, so its all good haha

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

my BELOvED sixth form has organized practised interviews with some random business thingy later this month.

i have to update my CV.

i hate CV's.

i hate 30minutes-practise-interviews-in-which-you-would-be-given-feedback-at-the-end-about-how-you-did.

i hate the "tell me more about yourself" question. would it be okay to answer "what would you like to know?" ?

why do interviewers except us to behave..hmm.unhuman-like. and more, conformist, robotic, i-have-everything-you-wish-i-had.

i hate selling. or advertising.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

You wrote:

^^yuck yuck yuck. I hate sales and selling. even myself or my own skills, or lack thereof. If they are not apparent, they probably don't exist.

okay, i hadnt read that before posting my previous..hm..post! i promised! and i was about to say "i hate selling, especially myself" but coming from a girl..it just owuldnt have sounded right. hence why it doesnt say that, but something else which i cant remember.. (just look up)

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Interview questions and .

(lol anyone actually gonna read it all?)

At this interview for 6th Form, the lady asked me, "Why do you want to do a phD?" And I said "I want to be called a Dr. without actually being one" She smiled but gave me some LOOK, but I got in, so I guess I wasnt THAT bad. Biggrin

you guys are nuts lol i couldnt do it short interview nervous enough but can manage, but anything more id vomit before interview then prob panic and go home, i do have some sort of phobia. but u guys ever done interviews with a panel of ppl interviewing you like you're in court or something? One of my brothers always does those sort of interviews and he had to do a powerpoint presentation at interviews too , talk about OTT. i was like what? have they paid you to do that if not tell them where to go :roll:

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Hajjar wrote:
..but u guys ever done interviews with a panel of ppl interviewing you like you're in court or something?

I had 3 people interviewing me. It wasn't that bad as they didn't grill me as much.