Are Muslims allowed to teach Sex Education?

But a class of kids is going to have children from all cultures/religion...

Main question though: Are Muslims allowed to teach safe sex education?

Omrow wrote:
sfb. FSB. Is that a Russian spy agency?

*thinks*

s.b.f wrote:
There is already a discussion about here but...

I wanted to ask:

Are Muslims allowed to participate in teaching children about safer sex?

Could there be an advantage in being a Muslim but teaching Sex Education?

yes. IMO. But I am not a scholar.

you can say "this is safe BUT DON'T DO IT TILL AFTER MARRIAGE". Also, not all of sex education is about sex. It is about the human body, things before and after etc and it could be important knowledge if taught properly.

However it can also be taught badly, toaught too young etc IMO. and this may lead to complications - .

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Might the whole concept of 'Intentions' have something to do with this?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

You wrote:

you can say "this is safe BUT DON'T DO IT TILL AFTER MARRIAGE".

I'm sure you can't say that out loud. The class won't just consist of Muslim children.

I taught it couple of years in a row. Wasnt a biggie, most of it is science stuff and some stuff I opted out of teaching.

MuslimSister wrote:
I taught it couple of years in a row. Wasnt a biggie, most of it is science stuff and some stuff I opted out of teaching.

Could you tell us what you chose to opt out of? And why? You don't have to if you don't want to. Thanks

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Stuff about pleasure. I kept it totally scientific. Didnt go into ethics or morals either.

MuslimSister wrote:
Stuff about pleasure. I kept it totally scientific. Didnt go into ethics or morals either.

So you decided to cop out of your responsibilities? You'll be saying next that you didn't discuss the advantages of forced marriages, rape within marriage, polygamy, honour killings or female genital mutilation.

In my opinion, sex education should be taught to all children! Weather they be Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus and so fourth!
Its education!!!

It's teaching them about the reproductive systems and how the body works...
the number of Teenage pregnancy's and STD's are highly rising especially within Britain.

So doesn't it them become obligatory to avoid these consequences as much as possible by educating them!

Don't let somebody become a priority in your life when your just an option in their's

@ mouse - you have to realise that this was probably to under ten year olds (maybe even close to 5?). Teaching them about some of the social aspects may be way way too early.

All they need to know is why things are the way they are and if there is some inappropriate contact from someone else, to report it.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Lol. Yeah, the british curriclum for under 10's is not that heavy.