kissing your thimbs when Propet (saw) is mentioned.

what is the reasoning behind:

kissing ur thumbs and placing them on ur eyes when the prophetrs name is mentioned?

"fiddycent" wrote:
what is the resoning behind:

kissing ur thumbs and placing them on ur eyes when the prophetrs name is mentioned?

Its a form of respect (you wil have a few ppl saying bidah) but realy its out of respect.

but why do that, out of all the things?

"fiddycent" wrote:

When you hear the name of the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) you should send durood and salam upon him Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and if you want you can kiss your thumbs and touch them upon your eyes. Since when has there been a rule as to what you can do for respect? There aint a limit to respecting the Holy Prophet (saw), thats my opinion anyway.

its something to do with the light (or face) of the beloved Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) bieng on the thumbs of Hadrhat Adam (AS)....and he did that

well thats what i heard, but theres deifinetly a significance

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

again it sounds like some barelawwiy crap to me

rather die on my feet than live like a coward

"angel" wrote:
"fiddycent" wrote:

When you hear the name of the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) you should send durood and salam upon him Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and if you want you can kiss your thumbs and touch them upon your eyes. Since when has there been a rule as to what you can do for respect? There aint a limit to respecting the Holy Prophet (saw), thats my opinion anyway.

and its a fantastic opinion held by most Muslims

Allah's love for the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) is limitless ours should be too

we submit to Allah and love what He loves

"khans1" wrote:

Whats your problem you weirdo. btw Brelwi is a place which aint spelt the way you have spelt it.....you cant say somethin is crap without any justification. Even after i said it was out of respect you came out with your remark which was very ignorant. Educate yourself then speak!

"fiddycent" wrote:

well some ppl do it based on a weak hadith, that hazrat bilal (RA) was doing the azaan and the sahabaah including Hazrat Abu Bakr (RA) kissed their hands and placed them on theior eyes. The prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said whpever does that I will grab hold of them and take them to Jannah.

the authenticity of that hadith is disputed. That is why i dont practise it.

"fiddycent" wrote:

according to sum ppl i know ie...my cousins , they say they do it coz according 2 them it was done by Prophet Adam AS when he was shown the picture of Prophet SAW in his thumb Nails.

however i dont do this act as i believe the greatest way to show respect to our prophet s.a.w is to send durud upon hearing his name,

i do however recognise that in the name of love for the prophet s.a.w ppl invent practices out of good intention but also misguidance but i believe its another innovation as yep I believe not U... dnt jump on me its what i believe and before anyone says i aint accusing.

Quote:
Kissing the thumbs and placing them on one’s eyes cannot be considered, in of itself, an outright act of innovation unless it entails something that makes it an act of Bid’a. If one practiced this act out of love for the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and due to the narrations of Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (Allah be pleased with him), even if the narrations are considered weak, then there would be nothing wrong with that.

The great contemporary scholar Shaykh Taqi Usmani (Allah have mercy on him) also mentions the non-offensiveness of this act in his “Discourses of Islamic Way of Life” thus he states:

“Upon listening to the Adhan in the Masjid, you heard the words “Ashhadu Anna Muhammad al-Rasul Allah” you suddenly felt a deep sense of love for the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and in this state of love and ecstasy you kissed your thumbs and placed them on your eyes. This action, in of itself, cannot be considered sinful or Bid’a. The reason being is that you did this out of love for the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace), and love and respect for the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) is a praiseworthy act and a sign of faith….” (Islahi Khutbat (Urdu), 1/231)

The above statement from one of the renowned scholars of the Deobandi School clearly shows that the act of kissing one’s thumbs and placing them upon the eyes during Adhan is not, in of itself, an act of innovation. Those who categorically condemn this practice altogether should realize that it is not a baseless act that was invented by some Muslims in the Indian Subcontinent. It is something that is practiced in other parts of the Muslim and Arab world also, such as in Syria and Yemen. If one was to visit the famous city of Syria Halab (Aleppo), one would see many Arab Muslims including scholars kissing their thumbs and placing them on their eyes upon hearing the name of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) during the Adhan.

However, the other side of the coin is what we are discussing in this article, which is to over-emphasise something that may be merely considered a recommended act. Unfortunately, the other extremism found in some of our brothers is that they consider this act to be firmly established through the Sunnah like it is mentioned in a Hadith of Sahih al-Bukhari, hence they consider it to be a sign of being a true Muslim, and the one who does not kiss his thumbs is committing a sin. Thus, Shaykh Mufti Taqi Usmani (may Allah preserve him) further states:

“However, if an individual begins to tell the whole world that whenever during the Adhan you hear “Ashhadu Anna Muhammad al-Rasul Allah” you must all kiss your thumbs because it is Sunnah or Mustahab to do so, and whoever fails to kiss his thumbs does not truly love the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace), then this act, which was otherwise completely permissible, will become an act of reprehensible innovation. This is a minute difference between the two situations, in that if this lawful act is done with a right attitude, then it is not an innovation. However, if it is considered binding or thought to be an established Sunnah to the point that the one who wishes not to practice it is condemned, then it will become an innovation.” (Islahi Khutbat, 1/231)

Read full answer here Ref,:

Good quote Yashmaki.

I believe it's Mustahab?

also it is supposed to signify the coolness and calmness you feel when hearing the name of the prophet (saw)?

I do not go out of my way to do it, but also do not go out of my way NOT to do it. (I would class the latter as arrogance...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"yashmaki" wrote:

Kissing the thumbs and placing them on one’s eyes cannot be considered, in of itself, an outright act of innovation unless it entails something that makes it an act of Bid’a. If one practiced this act out of love for the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and due to the narrations of Sayyiduna Abu Bakr (Allah be pleased with him), even if the narrations are considered weak, then there would be nothing wrong with that.

thats all i needa know

Thanks Yashmaki

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

MashaALLAH at the post by Muhtarama quoting Mufti Taqi Sahib.

This is a non-issue until some make it into one, ie wen I get dirty looks by ppl and be accused of being a wahabi and am kicked out of mosque. Lol

ALLAH increase us in our love for Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam and make us His Devotees like Sahabah Karaam alayhim ridhwaan.
ameen Ya Rabbe Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"khans1" wrote:

You'd do good to read this particular para from Yasmaki's post:

"yashmaki" wrote:
Quote:
Those who categorically condemn this practice altogether should realize that it is not a baseless act that was invented by some Muslims in the Indian Subcontinent. It is something that is practiced in other parts of the Muslim and Arab world also, such as in Syria and Yemen. If one was to visit the famous city of Syria Halab (Aleppo), one would see many Arab Muslims including scholars kissing their thumbs and placing them on their eyes upon hearing the name of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) during the Adhan.

"khans1" wrote:

again u sound like a narrow minded weirdo to me :roll:

"yashmaki" wrote:
“However, if an individual begins to tell the whole world that whenever during the Adhan you hear “Ashhadu Anna Muhammad al-Rasul Allah” you must all kiss your thumbs because it is Sunnah or Mustahab to do so, and whoever fails to kiss his thumbs does not truly love the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace), [b]then this act, which was otherwise completely permissible, will become an act of reprehensible innovation.[/b] This is a minute difference between the two situations, in that if this lawful act is done with a right attitude, then it is not an innovation. However, [b]if it is considered binding [/b]or thought to be an established Sunnah to the point that the one who wishes not to practice it is condemned, [b]then it will become an innovation[/b].” (Islahi Khutbat, 1/231)

in defence of khan brother. It shud be noted the above points aswell. I personally have heard a great many so called ulama at Barelwi HQ in bham abusing us for not kissing the thumbs and calling us enemies of Nubuwwat and Hater of Nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
I personally have heard a great many so called ulama at Barelwi HQ in bham

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
but Med as i know, wont disrespect a scholar or question him

Really? :roll:

ok.........maybe the scholars he likes Smile

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Hey lay off the poor fellah. He needs to call something bid'ah! Blum 3

Now as I have said previously, speeched especially ion the pulpuit should be basd on fact, and not emotion.

And if someone REFUSES to do this, is it not arogance? If they do not do it, fair enough. If they say, 'I will never ever do it', that is slightly dodgy.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

depends what I consider to be a scholar.

I dont believe just come som1 comes out with a graduation certificate saying he completed dars e nizami that he is a scholar. There are many 'deobandi' scholars who graduate from 'deobandi' madrassahs and hold the sanad but are infact still jahil, same is the case with 'barelwi' scholars, 'salafi' scholars etc.

The Hadrat Mawlana who I mentioned speaking abt Surah Ahzaab is a barelwi alim, and I think he is a true alim so I cant even dare to raise my eyes to him. Other ppl, cud be deobandi or barelwi or salafi, if they are still jahil despite their sanad, they not scholars in my view.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Admin" wrote:
Hey lay off the poor fellah. He needs to call something bid'ah!

lol admin brother u really R funny.

If u note, I have only requoted Mufti Taqi Uthmani Sahib, not one word of my own abt innovation or reprehensibilty has been added. Perhaps Mufti Sahib just needs to label something as bid'ah?

lol, ALLAH has blessed me with laughter. ALLAH keep u happy.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
depends what I consider to be a scholar.

I dont believe just come som1 comes out with a graduation certificate saying he completed dars e nizami that he is a scholar. There are many 'deobandi' scholars who graduate from 'deobandi' madrassahs and hold the sanad but are infact still jahil, same is the case with 'barelwi' scholars, 'salafi' scholars etc.

riiight so the scholar has to pass your honourable approval first to be considered a scholar

and according to you a scholar can be "jahil"

and here I was think that u dont consider urself in a position to do that

"Med" wrote:
The reason I wont question a scholar is because I dont have the knowledge to do that. InshaALLAH if ALLAH accepts me and makes me alim and I get a portion of some knowledge then I will question. Once I have mastered the basics of knowledge then MAYBE i might question,

thanks.

Salaam.

naah, it was a joke.

There are scholars of varying caliber. Alot of those who occupy the mosques are not even scholars in the first place.

so u listein to what some mufti says out of a cult, but ignore the fact that there is not one quranic verse and not one authenticated hadith backing this bid'ah up? and ur callin me a narrow minded weirdo?

by da way does anyone here know who ahmad rida is?

rather die on my feet than live like a coward

peace to muslimsislilsis.

Im trying to stop judgin ppl. Make dua that ALLAH makes my heart pure.

Y'knw if ppl want to go on deviation that is there problem not mine. If ppl want to go on guidance that is their fortune not mine. I have enough problems myself, rather than worrying about what others are upto.

The time of fitnah has dawned and the Prophetic advice for it was that in the time of fitnah the believer should concern himself only with himself. InshaALLAH this is what I intend to do. May ALLAH accept me and all of us. ameen

The reason I view alim and jahil in that way is because of my Respected Quran Ustaad, may ALLAH increase Him in imaan, islaam and ihsaan. May ALLAH forgive any sins Ustaadji may have committed and turn His sins into good deeds, beshak this is not difficult task for my ALLAH.

As I was saying, once Shaykh said to two boys in our class a thing of great wisdom. He said to the Hafiz and the one who was doing alim class, that you have become hafiz and will complete ur books for alim course but u will remain a jahil. And SHaykh pointed to the other boy who was non hafiz non alim, and said:''this one, I do not knw if he will complete his hifz even, but he has already become an alim'' subhanALLAH ILM is a matter of the heart of understand and of guidance not what books u have or havnt read.

Similarly once Imam Ahmad and Imam Shafi'ee were going to a big wali ALLAH who on the surface did not hold alim qualifications. Imam Ahmad alayhi rahmah said to Imam Shafi'ee that I will qsn him to ascertain his knowledge. Imam Shafi'ee advised him not to, but Hadrat insisted. Hadrat asked the wali, that if a person misses a salah but cant remember which 1 he missed, then what should he do?

Hadrat replied, Oh Ahmad that person should repeat the whole days salah because he was neglectful of ALLAH.

Imam Ahmad fell down unconscious at this insightful answer, when he came to, Imam Shafi'ee muttered to him :'' I told u not to qsn him, these people's understanding is beyond us.'''

SubhanALLAH.

Ya ALLAH grant me knowledge in abundace and keep me hidden from the people. Make me a stranger in this world and make me and the believers your chosen servants. ameen YA Rabbal Alameen/.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"khans1" wrote:
so u listein to what some mufti says out of a cult, but ignore the fact that there is not one quranic verse and not one authenticated hadith backing this bid'ah up? and ur callin me a narrow minded weirdo?

by da way does anyone here know who ahmad rida is?

Here is a hint:

EVERYTHING IS ALLOWED UNLESS IT IS BANNED!!1!!!!! (and that is from a hadith aswell, and is a principle of usulul fiqh...)

And a daeef hadith is still an accepted hadith. It has not been rejected. It just has a weak link in the chain of narration, but the muhaddith is of the position it is a real valid hadith.

Try studying Islam befoer jumpig headfirst. Or you may land on your head...

Med: knowledge is not a qualification or a certificate. Some eople have it, others do not. No certificate, or lack thereof makes any difference.

feel free to call scholars u dont agree with jahil

and khan-feel free to think u know better then the Mufti

i couldnt care less

good night everyone

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
feel free to call scholars u dont agree with jahil

and khan-feel free to think u know better then the Mufti

i couldnt care less

good night everyone

night night, sweet dreams hun wa-salam

Sunan Abu Dawood:

Quote:
Book 27, Number 3791:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas:

The people of pre-Islamic times used to eat some things and leave others alone, considering them unclean. Then Allah sent His Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and sent down His Book, marking some things lawful and others unlawful; so what He made lawful is lawful, what he made unlawful is unlawful,[b] and what he said nothing about is allowable[/b]. And he recited: "Say: I find not in the message received by me by inspiration any (meat) forbidden to be eaten by one who wishes to eat it...." up to the end of the verse.

Note the bold words I have highlighted.

"Admin" wrote:

everything is allowed unless forbidden. God does not forget anything. So he would not forget to command something to be forbidden.

ALLAH hasnt said we cant sniff glue either, nor does it say anywhere not to drink urine. Does that meean urine and sniffing glue is halal?>

Brother the deen is more complex than that, im sure u appreciate what I am saying.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Pages

Topic locked