The Revival mag - Your ideas

Salaam

I'm sure most of you have read previous magazines of the revival

so:

do you think there is a need for a muslim youth magazine?

who do you think the revival caters for?

what is good about the revival?

what do you not like about the revival?

how can the revival be improved?

do you read the revival on line or hard copy?

is it easy to get hold of?

how would you compare the revival to other muslim mags?

is ali n jamal 'spot on' or outdated?

Does the website live up to the image of the mag?

Do you think you can contribute to the revival and be a part of the team?

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
Salaam

so:

who do you think the revival caters for?

what is good about the revival?

what do you not like about the revival?

how can the revival be improved?

do you read the revival on line or hard copy?

is it easy to get hold of?

how would you compare the revival to other muslim mags?

is ali n jamal 'spot on' or outdated?

Does the website live up to the image of the mag?

Do you think you can contribute to the revival and be a part of the team?

*there is a need for muslim youth magazines, so please carry on, because I love reading them when i can get hold of one. I read it from front to back and take in whatever advise or quotes or stories i read in it.
* the revival caters for teenagers right? thats what its there for?
*there isnt really anything i can full on complain about,, I really like it
*i read the online and the hard copy, I prefer the hard copy
* it is easy to get hold of , if i go looking for it Smile
* i dont read any other muslim mags, but I have seen some, and the ones Iv seen are really serious,, and although they can be interesting to read, the revival kind of gathers a variety of people with its serious articles with humour in.
* The website does live up to the magazine Smile
* ali and jamal are okay. Some people really like to read their conversations. I cant complain, but i think they are both too different. Jamal is way too serious whereas Ali is too laid back. How did them to become friends? (im joking about the last part)
*id love to be part of the team, but I dont think I have anything to contribute :S

Salaams
SBF

yes there is a need for a muslim youth magazine. i read the Revival online(i don't know where to get the hard copy from)and its fab. it does its job by carrying out messages to the youth in a way they would understand and also its not too preachy and boring. i luv Ali & Jamal! they are soo funny Smile and the the site does live up to the mag.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
i luv Ali & Jamal! they are soo funny Smile

an example of someone who loves Ali and Jamal,

hehe Blum 3

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Erm..... Hi Pardon

I know the whole magazine is sort of an advice thing....
but maybe you can have a sort of advice column in it? with advice from just "normal" common people as well as "religious" people?

You can maybe get people to send things in (via post/email)
or start a forum topic where people can post their problems and see what people on the site have to say about them and then put them in the magazine?

You've probably heard it before but it's just an idea

Thank you for your time Pardon

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
or start a forum topic where people can post their problems and see what people on the site have to say about them and then put them in the magazine?

We did actually used to have an agony aunt feature on this website and it featured once in the mag too:

People would email their problem and Ed would get Sister Ruqaiyyah Waris Maqsood to write a reply.

It may be a good idea to bring it back.

Imaani wrote:
MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:

We did actually used to have an agony aunt feature on this website and it featured once in the mag too:

People would email their problem and Ed would get Sister Ruqaiyyah Waris Maqsood to write a reply.

It may be a good idea to bring it back.

Why was it cancelled?

Back in BLACK

Due to there (potentially) no longer being an available agony aunt and loads of people wanted advice that was private.

If you go to the contact page, there is still an option for "agony aunt" in the drop down. No idea what 'Ed does what that email though...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Salam

Some of the things that are contained in the Revival Magazine,
you would not want to read them to your mother or your sister.

This needs to change.

You should not upset good women when aiming for success.

Omrow

Either that or you need to change.

While some issues can be controversial, IMO The Revival does not always go far enough.

There is no shame in knowledge and religion. People need to know.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

i have no real complaints about the revival

but i find it hard to get hold of i always have to get my friend to give me one of hers or read online

SMILE! its charity Wink

You wrote:

While some issues can be controversial, IMO The Revival does not always go far enough.

I agree 100%
(I cant believe I agree with You, for once...= P)

This is such a big problem in our communities
people dont wanna talk about certain things, because theyre seen as taboo
im sorry but how?!
WHAT do you, not You, but Omrow you, do you find embarrassing???
I dont think I've read anything in The Revival mag and thought 'omg thats so wrong I cant beleive they put that in there!' Rather, I've thought moe often 'whoooaaaa the orthodox aunties aren't gonna like THIS'
so yes, You, I agree, we should go a bit further than we have

1R4M wrote:
You wrote:

I agree 100%
(I cant believe I agree with You, for once...= P)

Smile

1R4M wrote:
This is such a big problem in our communities
people dont wanna talk about certain things, because theyre seen as taboo
im sorry but how?!
WHAT do you, not You, but Omrow you, do you find embarrassing???
I dont think I've read anything in The Revival mag and thought 'omg thats so wrong I cant beleive they put that in there!' Rather, I've thought moe often 'whoooaaaa the orthodox aunties aren't gonna like THIS'
so yes, You, I agree, we should go a bit further than we have

It is good to challenge as long as its for the right reasons.

Ofcourse since I rarely (read never) distribute the magazine, its all easier for me to say that someone who may get shouted down, or "tarred" by the issues covered. but that could be seen as a badge of honour.

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
Salaam

so:

Nope Biggrin

who do you think the revival caters for??[/quote]

Well Teenagers

what is good about the revival??[/quote]

Its Easy To Understand As Its In Our Language Lol
No Hard Words Just The Way I Like It Biggrin

what do you not like about the revival? ?[/quote]

Ermm Cant Think Of Anything

how can the revival be improved??[/quote]

I Think The Issues Ali And Jamal Repeats As It Goes On (If Im The Only One Sayin That Ignore Me ) Biggrin

do you read the revival on line or hard copy??[/quote]

Hard Copy

is it easy to get hold of??[/quote]

Yeah As My Dad Comes Home With It Biggrin
Ill Ask Him If He Finds It Hard To Get Hold Of Smile

how would you compare the revival to other muslim mags??[/quote]

Well Like I Said Its Easier To Understand
And Better Biggrin

is ali n jamal 'spot on' or outdated??[/quote]

Hmmm Spot On Biggrin

Does the website live up to the image of the mag??[/quote]

Yeah

Do you think you can contribute to the revival and be a part of the team?[/quote]

I Think :S

Omrow wrote:
Salam

Some of the things that are contained in the Revival Magazine,
you would not want to read them to your mother or your sister.

This needs to change.

You should not upset good women when aiming for success.

Omrow

The first step towards isolating the youth and being out of touch with reality and important issues, is not talking about uncomfortable topics.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

CrazyLilMaria wrote:

I Think :S

Ahh but do you comprehend?

Back in BLACK

Sajid, can you dedicate a topic to give a convincing article as to why the Islamic system of marriage is better than how they do it in the West?
By convincing, I MEAN convincing.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

The Lamp wrote:
Sajid, can you dedicate a topic to give a convincing article as to why the Islamic system of marriage is better than how they do it in the West?

I linked to some figures int eh other topic you mentioned this in...

What do you mean "marriage"? the path to it? or marriage itself?

You wrote:
The Lamp wrote:

I linked to some figures int eh other topic you mentioned this in...

What do you mean "marriage"? the path to it? or marriage itself?

Both, Admin/You suggested that I ask Sajid to do this, if I could be blunt, The Revival hasn't done this yet, hopefully it will.

Salam

Some contents of the magazine are not nice.

Would any of you brothers sit down with your sister and
discuss EVERYTHING that is printed in the Revival Magazine?

Omrow

Even if you wouldn't, who's saying that you should?

Omrow wrote:
Salam

Omrow

Brothers can discuss with brothers and sisters with sisters.

Revival is good at bringing up issues which are normally kept quiet because they are too 'embarrasing'. I respect Revival for this. People need to be aware, Islam is open to discussion about things so why should you be shy?

I would agree about the gangsta ghetto approach, not everyone is like that, imagine if someone is a Middle Class Student, that doesn't stop them from drinking, sleeping pre-marriage and doing haram stuff, what would you say to them?
What if there was a section on how to answer difficult questions on Islam?

wednesday wrote:
If there's anything good, and I mean like REALLY relevant and good up on the forum, like an appropriate discussion/convincing account about something that matches the theme of the issue then you may consider cutting and pasting.

what about this one i think its a really relevant one and would be helpfull to more people. or have u already done something on this?

The Lamp wrote:
What if there was a section on how to answer difficult questions on Islam?

thats a good idea.

Angelic wrote:
Omrow wrote:
Salam

Omrow

Brothers can discuss with brothers and sisters with sisters.

Revival is good at bringing up issues which are normally kept quiet because they are too 'embarrasing'. I respect Revival for this. People need to be aware, Islam is open to discussion about things so why should you be shy?

Well the forum members are not shy at all, besides some new members are shy but their addiction to the forum in time will not make them shy and they will be able to speak their mind! Like the rest of us! Wink
But then again some newbies and natural at this. (Mez thinks) Interesting this is...
Smile

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

i read the magazines and didn't like them....didn't realise the forum was a part of the magazine...must be why i don't like it here either!

What did you not like?

As for the forums, they are what the members make of them. Get a few like minded people together and make them into something you like.

kenza wrote:
i read the magazines and didn't like them....didn't realise the forum was a part of the magazine...must be why i don't like it here either!

fair enough you didn't like it dude/Dudette... but what made you conclude to a negative response?

Pages