TAKING PICTURES

taking photographs [b]HALAL OR HARAM?[/b]

alot of ppl have different opinions regarding the matter of taking pictures. some have a say its permissable no matter what.. some say its permissable as long as they arent displayed upon the walls of your homes and then u get ppl saying taking pictures is forbidden and deemed impermissable according to the sacred islamic law...
but due to complete necessity islam permits the act of taking pictures in any such circumstances where photographs are absolute essential e.g passports.

i came across a few hadiths regarding this matter:

"amongst the people,the severest punishment on the day of judgement will be given to those people who try to imitate allah taalahs attribute of creation." (MUSLIM)

i heard the messenger of allah taalah say": every painter will be in fire. a body will be created for him for every picture( of life ) he made. it will then punish him in hell....."(BUKHAARI)

narrated by hadhrat saeed bin abul hassan:
" whilst i was with hadrat ibn abbas, a man came an said" [b]O son of abbas! my sustenance is from my manual profession and i make these pictures[/b]. hadhrat ibn abbass said: i will tell you only what i heard him saying,"whoever makes a picture will be punished by allah taalah till he puts life in it". hearing this the man heaved a sigh and his face turned pale.hadhrat ibn abbass said to him:
"[b]what a pity! if u insist on taking pictures i advise you to make pictures of trees and other unanimated objects (BUKHAARI)[/b]"

ppl still disagree saying the hadiths are relating to painters artists etc...not relating to photographic cameras.

the holy prophet mohammed p.b.u.h said :"verily angels of mercy do not enter the houses where there are pictures"

another trend being followed is the use of video cameras and camcorders for weddings, birthday parties and now even catching the dying moments of loved ones life and the preceding funeral service.

is taking pictures imitating allah taalahs attribute of creation?

do u take pictures on occasions such as eid or a day out ?

what are your views regarding pictures being halal or haraam?

and the filming on weddings other events etc ....

i think we all have pics

theyre in our fones!!!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
i think we all have pics

theyre in our fones!!!

this is all confusion :roll: pics in phns is dis related..

from what I know...

pictures, as photos are allowed.

However you are not allowed to attach any importance to them.

After all statues were originally just to show respect. Over time, they were increasingly revered until they were given the status of gods. Na'uzubillah.

Statues are a no no.

The Arabic words translated to pictures also translate to statues I think.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

and u cant draw people, that im pretty much sure of

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
and u cant draw people, that im pretty much sure of

Yes i heard bout dat n i think it is true.

Bout pictures its a gud topic, i alwayz get told off by my rellies n family weneva i stik up 4 my Shaykh Sad

N the excuse they use is the pictures, ive alwayz tried 2 make em understand but they just keep goin on n on.

Its really annoyin sumtimes :evil:

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

"yashmaki" wrote:
Assalamu Alaikum,

I follow what i believe is the stronger opinion that all forms of animate picture making are forbidden, except in cases of necessity i.e passports, driving licence, medical, criminal evidence etc.

The prohibition was made clear by our prophet (saw), least i think it was.

yes there is difference of opinion....
i believe taking pictures, doing video recordings is permissible...the argument is about hanging images on the wall etc...
drawing live things is most probably not allowed as hadiths are clear on that
by taking picture you're not exactly drawing the image....also...photos didnt exist at the time of the prophet.....they were reffereing to drawing and also making sculptures , statues of people, animals etc....

[b]the opinion of the scholars which i follow is that all the hadith that refer to images is not pictures but statues....the word 'soorat' in the ahadith refers to statues....
the prophet (pbuh) himself had images on the wall of animals etc
i will give full references soon....[/b]

but i hear many scholars say photos are haram, taking them, hanging them, video recording is haram etc...so i suppose we should respect that view aswell.

the last time i went pakistan i saw that my relatives had pics of my grandad and my uncle in their coffins...they say its allowed so as to it being it a memory...i disagree as i've alwayz heard keeping such pics or pics of ppl who have passed away gives them punsihment....plus to see its pretty disturbing....
im not sure if its permissable though

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

[b]the opinion of the scholars which i follow is that all the hadith that refer to images is not pictures but statues....the word 'soorat' in the ahadith refers to statues....
the prophet (pbuh) himself had images on the wall of animals etc
i will give full references soon....[/b]

but i hear many scholars say photos are haram, taking them, hanging them, video recording is haram etc...so i suppose we should respect that view aswell.

Asalamualaikum!

Well i asked this question bout pictures in anotha group n it seems dat pictures only becum haram 2 those pple dat hav intention of worshipping them, astaghfirullah.

There is no harm in taking pictures as long as its just a picture in ur intention but drawing pictures of living things its nt allowed.

I no sum scholars dat say taking pictures is allowed n theres no harm if uve gt the rite intention.

Secondly if pictures r considered haram 2 sum pple doesent dat mean dat the TV is haram too, tv is produced by 30 still pictures, or frames, each second. Which means each time u watch tv u r actually watching pictures at a rapidly speed.

Its just ridiculous in wayz pple think i no dat dere r plenty of hadiths but think 2 urself bringing the hadith 2 the 21st century n examine it.

Like jihad as in the old times wen the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) was alive it was physical jihad 4 many reasons but 4 us jihad is spiritual, its struggling in the name of Allah (swt).

I didnt no any of this but Alhamdullilah nxt time i get a question or disagreement ive gt my answer.

the scholars i know of including my bro say its not permissable...then again u get some saying its is....i dont really know whether its haram or halal since theres difference of opinion .

i actually like taking pictures and i want to buy a camcorder to record family moments etc... which i have to hide and buy without my bro knowing.

the madressah i pray in dissallowed pictures takin.....i remember taking pics to shw my m8tes and sheikh-riaz al haqs sis who teaches there gave me a couple of warnings and a long naseehat about pics not being allowed in islam...then another apa comes and rips the pics in front of my face.

and now i dont have any baby pics left of myself Cray 2

"kuri/19" wrote:
the scholars i know of including my bro say its not permissable...then again u get some saying its is....i dont really know whether its haram or halal since theres difference of opinion .

Sis id advise u 2 luk in2 other scholars too n listen 2 their opinions n answers. There arent that many scholars that agree nwdayz but we hav sum that do agree.

I was like dat at start all confused bout many things but Alhamdullilah i was shown the rite direction.

Today i didnt no much bout pictures nw i no more than b4 n i understood.

In the old times wen the hadiths were revealed they were nt permissible becoz pple used 2 worship pictures, astaghfir'ullah.

Think 2 urself n if u compare the old times n wid the 21st century there r a lot of differences just like the mssge in the holy Qur'an bout jihad.

i heard a talk in a study circle about the Hdrat Aisha hadith

after the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) expressed his disaporval over the curtains

she took them down and put them over her cushions

he never said nothing about that-apparently for some reason this part of the hadith is always left out

yes its that hadith

but the image wasnt broken up-it was just less "in ur face" cos it was covering the cushions instead of being on the curtains

I dont get it...

Why arent drawings of living things allowed?

Dont make sense to me?

Do cartoons count? They are drawings?

explain.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
I dont get it...

Why arent drawings of living things allowed?

Dont make sense to me?

Do cartoons count? They are drawings?

explain.

confusion :? soooo complicated :?

Salaam

When I visited Makkah for Hajj my bag was searched each time I went into the Mosque (everyone’s bag was searched for security reasons).

Once I was holding my friend’s baby and this toy…and the lady at the door confiscated the toy because it had (God forbid!) and picture on it…

Which was ironic because you couldn’t walk down the streets of Makkah without seeing massive grinning posters of the late King Fahd.

By the way isn’t the mirror a form of “capturing the image” too?

Wasalaam

"kuri/19" wrote:

the madressah i pray in dissallowed pictures takin.....i remember taking pics to shw my m8tes and sheikh-riaz al haqs sis who teaches there gave me a couple of warnings and a long naseehat about pics not being allowed in islam...then another apa comes and rips the pics in front of my face.
:

MashaALLAH!

Muhtarama May ALLAH make the issue clear for you inshaALLAH. I think that mashaALLAH as ALLAH has given you an alim as a brother, and Alimaat are counted amongst your teachers I would refer you to them.

Suffice to say, my advice would be for you to have full faith in the opinions of the Aapas at Jamia and your respected brother. I am greatly pleased that you have Shaykh Riyadh ul Haq Sahibs sisters amongst your teachers and the ripping up of the picture is indeed pleasing.

May ALLAH grant us guidance and show us the correct way.

Has Muhtarama decided to go back to Jamia?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

i know of people who have foto's of their sheikh

videos of him

pictures in their homes

i dont see nothing wrong with it

whats wrong is people RIPPING up other people's personal property

which is a sin

still got ages to decide till after ramadhan....dads not to keen ...its tricky deciding mum wants me home now since dads ill so i dnt know. plz make dua my dad gets a kidney transplant.

i still remember my apa ripping the pics ...its funny sometimes i get emotional thinking i got no baby pics left when i see my sisters lookin at theirs and comparing ....

then i think maybe it was for the best

i dnt agree on keeping pics of sheikhs whats the point?

"yashmaki" wrote:
Insha'Allah i'll make dua for your father. I pray he recovers soon.

jazakallah...duas is what we need ....i hope allah gives him sabr coz alhamdulillah hes never complained about his illness ..he became ill last ramadhan whilst leading the ramadhan prayers in denmark...and since hes become really weak ...any mumins dua can become kabool so plz pray.

I think taken pics is not wrong, if ppl take it for good memories why not? Also my sis/cuz's went to syria/turkey but i didnt get a chance to go so they took pics of diff. mosques and all the holy sites that are attached to the Holy prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) so i got a chance to benefit from the pics, if there were no pics how would we see kaba/madeena sharif? (am i way off topic?)

salaam

i have a lot to say on this issue but will post tomorrow..and provide some refernces aswell...in the middle of article... Biggrin gonna miss deadline..i'm rubbish at deadlines....!

wasalaam

"angel" wrote:
I think taken pics is not wrong, if ppl take it for good memories why not? Also my sis/cuz's went to syria/turkey but i didnt get a chance to go so they took pics of diff. mosques and all the holy sites that are attached to the Holy prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) so i got a chance to benefit from the pics, if there were no pics how would we see kaba/madeena sharif? (am i way off topic?)

lol.....ur allowed to take pics of buildings unanimated things trees etc....
but the issues about taking pictures of yourself filming ...dats somat ppl are confused upon

"kuri/19" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

lol.....ur allowed to take pics of buildings unanimated things trees etc....
but the issues about taking pictures of yourself filming ...dats somat ppl are confused upon

ok i thought sum ppl had a thing against takin photo's fullstop..but what difference does it make takin pics of a place or ppl? If the fear here is of shirk then weird ppl can find anythin to make their god even buildings.... :shock:

Pages