Yes
43% (13 votes)
No
7% (2 votes)
No
7% (2 votes)
Total votes: 30

Its disgusting!

In my entire life i havnt seen this much disrespect shown to the old and respected ulemas of the ummah. They have totally lost respect for their elders and think its ok to throw abusive comments at older, well respected teachers of the Islamic world.

It todays society, no1 seems to care about anything but themselves, they couldnt care less about their parents, grandparents, teachers. Its just all about me and the i dont need you attitude.

Whats your views? Do you think the Ummah has forgotten the basic understanding of Adab?

The problem is that alot of the ummah is lacking classical knowledge and because of that, they are lacking in everything.

yh defo thinkso, the youth is propa rude and that. Thy dnt understnd how imprtnt respect is for the elders, all tey fink is tht aslng as i pray im all good.

first i gota say noor practically bullied me into posting in this topic P but actually i think its a gud topic

i agree with what your sayin n i think its the ignornat and un educated who dont really appreciate or respect the elders thas why they talk to them without manners etc

anyways noor, dopey is gna boot me off the computer so i gota stop here.

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

salaam
ye most defeintly thier is no respect left for anyone. especaily for the ones that are doing such a good job in bringing teh ummah togther . scholars of islam , tehy trying thier best in tryign to educate us in the true light. they sud be respected the most.

nt to mention the elders teachers and even ur neighbour .

why have we become so ignorant . we become so lost our beloved prophet saw best of examples has left endlesss examples on how much respect we sud have .

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

May Allah guide this ummah.

Ameen.

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
May Allah guide this ummah.

Ameen.

[color=red]

yeh big time!

firstly
peopel need to start shwing adab on here [/color]

Not only respect for 'elders', 'Ulema' etc, but we need respect. Full stop. Respect.

there is a loack of respect for people older than us, the same age or younger atm.

So the issue is not even respect, but manners. We are very lacking in them.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Sum more than others... :roll:

"rose" wrote:
Sum more than others... :roll:

Let's not focus on others, just our selves.

Afterall that is all I can do.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

If this thread turns into a carryover of the arguments from the old NT or the med thread it will need to be closed so stay on target folks.

so, going towards a useful path, how can one learn to be respectful?

What do you do?

In person if I say something which is desrespectful, I just laugh after it to makes people think I am not serious. (well I hope it works!)

And if I am joking, keep a straight face. Just deadpan it.

Apart from that, online, just stick a smiley somewhere. Anywhere. Otherwise my writing does look serious, so deadpanning does not always work.

I've missed allot today , I would have said enough to make all your bloods boil :roll:

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
I've missed allot today , I would have said enough to make all your bloods boil :roll:

Since the topic is on manners, you must be glad to have missed the boiling cauldron!

"Admin" wrote:
"(*_Shazan" wrote:

Since the topic is on manners, you must be glad to have missed the boiling cauldron!

And often I find those who complain about the lack of adab in other people, themselves don’t exactly have noteworthy etiquettes, your right I’m glad I miss another session with the lynching mobs

I know for one, i lack alot of Adab but Allahmdulliah im improving...

Well so i think.

And i forgot to mention my comments weren’t aimed at anyone in particular, just one angry brels who said I wish the Ummah would rid such people like you, in other worlds wanted me dead, and he didn’t deny it and then only to moan about my lack of adab after I confronted him.

[color=magenta]the worst is when ppl have no respect for their elders youngers n themselves i knw ppl who tlk of the crudest thngs n this is abt themselves n it makes me physically sick i had issues when i was younger but thnakfully i had older bros/sis who gave me a kick up the backside saying you try somethng like that again thn ul se wht happened.but they constantly were at me when i stepped out of line they were a few steps behinds keeping their beady yes on me n that certainly worked slowly as i strted looking more to islam it amde me so much more aware of the fact that the behaviour i was displayin is so wrong.

but its all well n good us complaining about it but how do we try to change it,i think firstly we need to change ourselves first so then we can be shining examples of someone who maintains good adab.obviously it aint gna be 100% perfect as no-one is perfect but just in our everyday life n business we shud display good behaviour. some of the following hadiths helped me loads[/color]

[b][color=green]Narrated Abu Huraira:

A man came to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who is more entitled to be treated with the best companionship by me?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man said. "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man further said, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your mother." The man asked for the fourth time, "Who is next?" The Prophet said, "Your father. " [/color]
[color=blue]
Narrated Aisha:

A man asked permission to see the Prophet. He said, "Let Him come in; What an evil man of the tribe he is! (Or, What an evil brother of the tribe he is)."

But when he entered, the Prophet spoke to him gently in a polite manner. I said to him, "O Allah's Apostle! You have said what you have said, then you spoke to him in a very gentle and polite manner? The Prophet said, "The worse people, in the sight of Allah are those whom the people leave (undisturbed) to save themselves from their dirty language." [/color]

[color=green] Narrated Abu Shuraih Al-Ka'bi:

Allah's Apostle said, Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, should serve his guest generously. The guest's reward is: To provide him with a superior type of food for a night and a day and a guest is to be entertained with food for three days, and whatever is offered beyond that, is regarded as something given in charity. And it is not lawful for a guest to stay with his host for such a long period so as to put him in a critical position." [/color][color=blue]

Narrated Abu Juhaifa:

The Prophet established a bond of brotherhood between Salman and Abu Darda'. Salman paid a visit to Abu ad-Darda and found Um Ad-Darda' dressed in shabby clothes and asked her why she was in that state.?" She replied, "Your brother, Abu Ad-Darda is not interested in the luxuries of this world." In the meantime Abu Ad-Darda came and prepared a meal for him (Salman), and said to him, "(Please) eat for I am fasting." Salman said, "I am not going to eat, unless you eat." So Abu Ad-Darda' ate. When it was night, Abu Ad-Darda' got up (for the night prayer). Salman said (to him), "Sleep," and he slept. Again Abu-Ad-Darda' got up (for the prayer), and Salman said (to him), "Sleep." When it was the last part of the night, Salman said to him, "Get up now (for the prayer)." So both of them offered their prayers and Salman said to Abu Ad-Darda',"Your Lord has a right on you; and your soul has a right on you; and your family has a right on you; so you should give the rights of all those who have a right on you). Later on Abu Ad-Darda' visited the Prophet and mentioned that to him. The Prophet, said, "Salman has spoken the truth." [/color]

[color=blue] Narrated Abu Bakra:

A man praised another man in front of the Prophet. The Prophet said thrice, "Wailaka (Woe on you) ! You have cut the neck of your brother!" The Prophet added, "If it is indispensable for anyone of you to praise a person, then he should say, "I think that such-and-such person (is so-and-so), and Allah is the one who will take his accounts (as he knows his reality) and none can sanctify anybody before Allah (and that only if he knows well about that person.)". [/color][/b]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
I know for one, i lack alot of Adab but Allahmdulliah im improving...

Well so i think.

You only think?

Judging by your comments to Kamilah, and the other younger MinHaj members, you all out did yourself by miles.

A familiar trend, critics someone, or in this case his “Excellency” Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul- and bombardment of ad-hominem soon follow.

He isn’t infallible

Well what do you expect? She was nothing but a rude lil worm waiting to cause trouble.

What is your problem? Now that Med has gone do you want to take his place? Thrz no need for u to pick on certain members of the forum, what they do is totally up to them.

Did you see the stuff that she came out with? Shes just as bad as Med. U all have oviously got something against Minhaj ul Quran, why dont you try meeting on of the shaykhs or scholars and then all you misconceptions will be all cleared.

"rose" wrote:
Well what do you expect? She was nothing but a rude lil worm waiting to cause trouble.

What is your problem? Now that Med has gone do you want to take his place? Thrz no need for u to pick on certain members of the forum, what they do is totally up to them.

And yet you continue slandering........

If you perceived her to be rude then that justify you and others attacking her is a decibel manner?

And I'm not picking on anyone Lol

Rose you have more thorns then pettel

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"rose" wrote:

And yet you continue slandering........

If you perceived her to be rude then that justify you and others attacking her is a decibel manner?

And I'm not picking on anyone Lol

Rose you have more thorns then pettel

no its true wat rose is saying, the things she was coming out were out of bounds by all means i weren't going to stand teh evil vermin she was shooting out about my beloved shayke no way.

i no this is Irrelevant to the dicussion but if smone said ur mum was so and so u wudn't said for it no chance out of teh love of ur mother u have.

well i was put in a situvation were i felt she was attacking my mum.

anyway plez bro dont say smthing else related to yesterday or i get provoked and i hve to comment on it.
i rather leave it in teh past

again plez no more tk about it.

rose, rose rose.

Breathe.

This is a forum. There is no way to find out hoe serious someone's comments are since you can't see the look on their face.

No point grouping people, since people are individuals.

Same to Shazan.

ok, as geniesis has suggested, let's leave all that in the past, and start over again.

A question I did ask was how do you try to improve your manners?

"geniesis" wrote:

no its true wat rose is saying, the things she was coming out were out of bounds by all means i weren't going to stand teh evil vermin she was shooting out about my beloved shayke no way.

i no this is Irrelevant to the dicussion but if smone said ur mum was so and so u wudn't said for it no chance out of teh love of ur mother u have.

anyway plez bro dont say smthing else related to yesterday or i get provoked and i hve to comment on it.

Nothing rose said is factual just personal attack, and I don’t really believe you believe Kamilah is an evil person- fear Allah when you make wicked statements like this.

I wont stop talking about when you and rose labeled her a vermin

Meaning of Vermin:

Quote:
noxious, objectionable, or disgusting animals collectively, esp. those of small size that appear commonly and are difficult to control, as flies, lice, bedbugs, cockroaches, mice, and rats.

That is what you opinion on your fellow sister?

It is not right for you or anyone to label and continue to slander her.

Ironic this poll is about adaab, clearly lacking in abundance in your misquote bits

"Admin" wrote:
rose, rose rose.

A question I did ask was how do you try to improve your manners?

Sheikh Abdulaziz Ahmed Fredricks on

Adab (manners)

What is the meaning of the word a-d-b Adab?

Adab is that which you express good character

The word Adab (manners) is the word bda (begin) backwards

You start (bda) with manners (adab)

The Prophet (peace and blessings upon him) said, “My Lord has given me manners.”

The vehicle for manners is Muhammad (peace and blessings upon him) through the teaching of Allah Subhanu wa Ta’ala

The Prophet (peace and blessings upon him) said, “Pray as you have seen me pray.” This the outward of the prayer

If you have adab with Allah Subhanu wa Ta’ala you will reach him

The purpose of prayer is to build a relationship with your creator

The word to pray Salah (prayer) means to have a link to

White is better on the environment and it better to wear in life and death

Imam Ghazali (May Allah's Ta'ala mercy be with him) recommended white

The heart is the place of emotion

Inward manners is to have love

The Prophet (peace and blessings upon him) said, “Manners is all of religion.”

Manners is everything that is praiseworthy in terms of your actions

Adab is good character

Adab is to stop out of respect

Adab is respecting everyone who is greater than you

If you look down at people, you lose out

Show gentleness to those who are below you

When you at a person below you, look at the blessings that you have been given and look at them with the eye of mercy.

The meaning of the word adab is put something in its right place

Umar ibn Khattab (May Allah Ta’ala be pleased with him) wrote with he left hand but did not eat with his left hand

Adab is say something correctly

Write with correct grammar.

What are the manners towards yourself?

Teach the naafs good and teach it to do good and leave bad

We are more in need of manners than knowledge

Imam Shafi (May Allah's Ta'ala mercy be with him) said, “Make adab your flour and knowledge your salt.”

If you have adab you will gain knowledge

Adab is the perfection of things

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"geniesis" wrote:

Nothing rose said is factual just personal attack, and I don’t really believe you believe Kamilah is an evil person- fear Allah when you make wicked statements like this.

I wont stop talking about when you and rose labeled her a vermin

Meaning of Vermin:

Quote:
noxious, objectionable, or disgusting animals collectively, esp. those of small size that appear commonly and are difficult to control, as flies, lice, bedbugs, cockroaches, mice, and rats.

That is what you opinion on your fellow sister?

It is not right for you or anyone to label and continue to slander her.

Ironic this poll is about adaab, clearly lacking in abundance in your misquote bits

how dare u say i do not fear teh Almighty of course i do i wnt be living if i didnt u dont knwo me at all stop judging me ,
u made teh devil come to me thats why i wrote teh wrd vermin my anger cause me to write that wrd
and where does anger comes from teh satan. look why u letting teh devil win here we are gifted with a forum where muslim diuscussion can be taken place and ur taking the beauty of it out by invitng teh devil.

stop writting such wrds tht are clearly going to cause an interferanac here.
listen shabaz as i said sm harsh things were said yesterday that clearly upseted a lot of people

why are u causing a fight to errupt for goodness sake i said leave teh topic ur delibertly starting a fight here just stay quite about teh topic.

we dont need a med reperformance.

ur going to end up having one of us booted of teh revival.

She has a point there.

You are spoiling for a fight.

Once things have happened, you need to let go.

Others are trying to.

Afterall if you cannot let go, all that will happen is you will have a tainted image of others, and will not be able to see the good in them.

And we all should concentrate on ourselves, not others. Even me.

btw, really good other post.

"geniesis" wrote:

how dare u say i do not fear teh Almighty of course i do i wnt be living if i didnt u dont knwo me at all stop judging me ,
u made teh devil come to me thats why i wrote teh wrd vermin my anger cause me to write that wrd
and where does anger comes from teh satan. look why u letting teh devil win here we are gifted with a forum where muslim diuscussion can be taken place and ur taking the beauty of it out by invitng teh devil.

With you throwing around slander like mud, I wondered if you fear the repercussions of your words.

I assure I’m not her to cause provocation just give the flesh eaters a much needed lesson in slander and backbiting.

And Admin when did it become acceptable to call a fellow Muslim vermin.

Noone needs a defender.

I am certain Kamilah can defend herself, and if she has an issue with how she is being talked to, she can PM me.

CAN WE DROP THIS.

NOW!

Or another topic will be locked.

Pages