Women vs Work

83 posts / 0 new
Last post

May Allah have mercy upon you.

"Medarris" wrote:
Open your eyes lady. Who denied they worked? But before people jump into the deep end they should first study what work they did, when they did it, who saw them doing it, what the internal conditions were for their work, what the external conditions were for their work etc.

No - I dont act the innocent. People who are innovators in my eyes (and its pretty well-known who they are) are hated by me and I dont see that as a criminal act. It is an act of virtue for me.

Where I oppose something I say it quite clearly, where I dont I refrain from commenting.

Just because some people cant hack someone coming along and knocking the foundations of the pakistani islaam they have been brought up in - isnt my problem.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

That's all i am getting from you, are you really that thick that you don't understand logic?

I have to say with the most rubbish you have come out with ever, the comments on the Miraj thread top it all. Wow we are limited as to how much we can pray Lol what complete rubbish!

Any1 in favour of banning Med?

All he seems to do is wind people up and throw snide remarks, and yeah Angel, he is really that thick!

Med is coming out with his usual jahil taliban crap
what an anti-women, mysoginist, backward embarrasment he is for muslims, it looks like khan has fallen for his mentality

then they say islam has given women so many rights... what a joke:-)

nowhere in Islam, quran, hadith, views of classical scholars does it say women CANT work. responisbility is on husband to provide but it still doesnt make it haram or sinful or wrong for women to work....

Islam says that a woman who works does not need to spend a single penny on her family, now this itself proves a woman can work, the only fact is that it is not compulsory on her to provide.... Islam is so beautiful and so upgrading for women...but some backward ppl make it sound so sexist and barbaric...

women working is VERY IMPORTANT especially in certain fields as i mentioned before....

also husband and wife working is good financially

why is med and his clan so opposed to women working..... what disgusting and sick mentality.... what islam have they got... islam of taliban, ladin.... then he brags open about ahlus sunnah.... what a joker:-)

any normal, educated person knows a woman can work if she chooses...just ignore meds misguidance

Thought i'd post this from the other thread so we can stay on topic, somewhat (that's a first Blum 3 )

"Muslim Bro" wrote:

I've been lookin for a job for a few years now but no luck. Most of the people I give my CV's to don't even bother replying. And the companies which do reply reject me. The only interview I had was with M&S, but got rejected.

Another problem with lots of companies is that they want people with experience, but how am I going to get experience if no-one gives me a job?

The problem I had in college was that some companoies were offering me work but I had to work on one weekday, but as I had college I had to refuse the offer. Hopefully at uni I'll have more time which means more chance to get a job inshaAllah.

Basically just don't give up, keep applying until someone gives u a job. Also make sure you're CV is not too long and when you're applying check what role you're applying for and highlight those skills which will be good for the job and show them that you are THE person for the job.

As for uni, can't u do weekend jobs or evening work?

All those that prayed for me thanks, looks like we have pious ppl amongst us on this forum Blum 3 I got the job, it's for o2 company (shud be interesting since I don't realy like o2 itself but from what I heard seems like a lively and gorgeous place to work in!)

but brother Khan that's how western society is. They don't see anything wrong with women working, and if it means the state is forcing them out they'll continue to do so. They don't regard it as a form of punishment but simply the norm.

Also btw i don't have a comftable income just coz my husband is working. In fact we'd be better off if he either stopped working, or i got a job aswell as him. But for various reasons i choose not to work at this present time in life. If i was forced to work i would.

My husband was used as an example to note how ppl take the total mick out of the benefits system, whilst those who need it have to go without. There's benefits galore in this country i don't think we need anymore, not even for single women. Plenty of single women i have know were sitting on the dole, pretending they were looking for work. So in this country if they truly don't wana work, there's their option the dole. Since most muslim women live with their parents as long as they're single parents can provide for them, there's no need for the state to support them to stay at home.

As for non muslim women they have the dole, and the gov gives priority to women in general who want housing. They would get their housing and rent paid for. So it's all there if they choose not to work.

one more thing no one can deny there are a few jobs that muslim women can do whilst maintaining their modesty and not comprimising their faith. As someone already mentioned labour can be a problem for muslim women in certain parts of the uk. Some of us r lucky enuff to have an all female labour ward, but this isn't true of all labour wards across the uk.

I think most married couples can get by on the husband's income, especially if the wife is a mother since she'd recieve benefits for her child. But they would be seriously tight for money, hardly nothing left over for emergencies.

I don't see a mortgage as a need. In this country a lot of ppl hark on about not having enough money but if you talk to them you realise they're after a luxurious life. They want to own a nice big house, nice car, 2 holidays a year etc etc. These aren't necessities are they? The biggest form of debt is the mortage. I'd never sentence myself for 30 plus years to pay for a house which i prob won't live long enuff to enjoy. Which will then need maintanence fees, legal fees etc etc, coz i know i can't afford it . Only way i'd get a house is cash in hand. What's wrong with renting from the council, or private landlord. the advantage is the council pay for any breakdowns, maintenance etc etc. Lower council tax or none if neither work. No worries, no sleepless nights. Sure it's not the ideal life but it's not bad.

The fact is a lot of women feel forced to work coz their income isn't covering the mortage payments, i've heard this too many times. Sure there are women who want to work, but there's also lots of women muslim and non muslim who are forced to coz of this reason. Do i feel sorry for them....no.

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
Med is coming out with his usual jahil taliban crap
what an anti-women, mysoginist, backward embarrasment he is for muslims, it looks like khan has fallen for his mentality

then they say islam has given women so many rights... what a joke:-)

nowhere in Islam, quran, hadith, views of classical scholars does it say women CANT work. responisbility is on husband to provide but it still doesnt make it haram or sinful or wrong for women to work....

Islam says that a woman who works does not need to spend a single penny on her family, now this itself proves a woman can work, the only fact is that it is not compulsory on her to provide.... Islam is so beautiful and so upgrading for women...but some backward ppl make it sound so sexist and barbaric...

women working is VERY IMPORTANT especially in certain fields as i mentioned before....

also husband and wife working is good financially

why is med and his clan so opposed to women working..... what disgusting and sick mentality.... what islam have they got... islam of taliban, ladin.... then he brags open about ahlus sunnah.... what a joker:-)

any normal, educated person knows a woman can work if she chooses...just ignore meds misguidance

I concur. Dirol

mad med seems to be extra psychotic these days

it must be cos the holy months are upon us and he's aware that many are worshipping God extra these days

and we all know how much he's anti extra worship :roll:

May God have mercy on his future wife to be Cray 2 Cray 2 Cray 2

thats fair sister yashmaki.. I don't feel sorry for them either.

its all good u choose not to work because u can. what if u didn't have a husband.. you'd be claiming jobseekers allowance.

why should it be an allowance to seek a job.. and not an allowance full stop?

i gotta say.. I agree with parts of editor bro's comment. there are jobs that could only be performed by women. and i didn't take that into consideration.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

"Angel" wrote:
Basically just don't give up, keep applying until someone gives u a job.

I've already given up....after years of tryin to get a part time job Sad

"Angel" wrote:
As for uni, can't u do weekend jobs or evening work?

I wanna settle in uni first so I know what my timetable will be like.

"Angel" wrote:
I got the job, it's for o2 company (shud be interesting since I don't realy like o2 itself but from what I heard seems like a lively and gorgeous place to work in!)

Any chance you're able to change people's free minutes on o2 Wink

"Angel" wrote:
I got the job, it's for o2 company (shud be interesting since I don't realy like o2 itself but from what I heard seems like a lively and gorgeous place to work in!)

Congratz sis! I knew u cud do it! Wink

Thanks Noor,

M-bro I supose I could if you pay for it Blum 3

Don't worry, you don't wanna get sacked before you've even started working Blum 3

So angel when do you start working?....you won't be skint anymore, you can buy all the handbags you like Biggrin

You've got a very nice job that doesn't go into your prayer time. You can pray fajr before going to work and zuhr after finishing work. Did you specifically ask your employer for that time?

there was a short time when i never worked but since i wasn't seeking a job i never signed on. certain ppl said i was a fool, but i have a conscience and God can always spot the thief even if the local council can't. Besides i don't think it'd do anything for my morale standing in that dismal place to sign on.

Don't you think it's good to be self sufficient in these modern times that we live in? Can we or should we always rely on our men folk and parents?

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
Don't worry, you don't wanna get sacked before you've even started working Blum 3

So angel when do you start working?....you won't be skint anymore, you can buy all the handbags you like Biggrin

You've got a very nice job that doesn't go into your prayer time. You can pray fajr before going to work and zuhr after finishing work. Did you specifically ask your employer for that time?

lol, thing is if they get my references through by 2day I start on monday inshallah if not then I start in 2 weeks time.

First of all i gota clear my student over draft which I kinda got carried away with, next I am gona get a new computer. Then I will decide if I want new handbags etc.

I didn't ask for that shift it was being advertised and I went for it so I can work for project scotland and gain experience and hopefuly get into social work. Those hours are ideal, just a problem of getting up though!!

Admin did you work for o2? If so how was it?

In regards to Yash's post I think it is vital to be able to stand on your own two feet rather than depending on your parents. Even though my dad is the best and he forces me practically to take money since I aint working, I rather be able to spend my own money. I have been gettin everything myself since I have been in 5th year coz we used to get a grant but in the last 2 years of uni I have been working part-time so being independent has become a part of me and I enjoy this freedom a lot.

However much it might surprise people - the Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam was the one who knew how to worship ALLAH. So if you want to follow that then follow it, and if you wish to follow innovated matters and think yr acts are deen then gud luck.

It is established that there are 2 raka'ah sunnah before fajr. It is also established from the sunnah that 4 raka'ah sunnah are also sunnah before certain salawaat. If a person reads 4 raka'ah instead of 2 raka'ah before fajr will that be accepted?

No1 will accept such a deviated action because it is KHILAAF E SUNNAT. When the action of four raka'ah sunnah is itself established as a sunnah - yet for a person to do that before fajr it will be as thought he has not even offered 2 raka'ah sunnah and it is still upon him to offer that.

If this is the case with an innovated act which IS grounded in the sunnah - then how much worse is an act which people of later days make up?

And talking about logic - some people dont know what the definition of logic is because if they did they wouldnt be contradicting themselves in their own posts.

Ed - nice comments. May ALLAH grant you their end.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Also some people choose to be blind to Haq.

If you scroll through my previous posts you will actually find that I mentioned that the fuqahaa have written in the books that certain types of secular education become FARD on the community ladies - eg if no lady-doctor exists in a locality then it becomes a duty for the communtiy to train up one righteous lady to become a doctor and sreve the need of the community.

Those who continue to slander me and ignore the points raised are earning immense deeds for themselves .

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Islam teaches not to follow blindly, so i dont know where your getting the idea that the muslims here do.

Slander you? Vice versa..

"yashmaki" wrote:
Don't you think it's good to be self sufficient in these modern times that we live in? Can we or should we always rely on our men folk and parents?

I do not think there is anthing wrong with living off the earnings of ur husband, father or the state if u are a woman who does not have the wealth to support herself. After all, it is Allah who provides the man not for himself, but for his family as well. This includes his wife and children.

I think it is good to be self sufficient, but think it would be better if it was out of choice in a field suited to women.

I have come across many Muslim women at work, and felt its not really an appropriate environment for them. I've met many where teir jobs require working long evenings in the office. I dont think thats a good idea.

I know of many Bengali women who work as a PA to managers or directors of a company. I do not think that is an appropriate profession for women.. unless they're the PA for a woman.

I think business is a good idea for women as they have greater control over their affairs rather than working for someone else.

There's gta be support for women.. the government initiatives for women mentioned in that other topic are wrong imo. They have got the industries soo wrong..

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

"yashmaki" wrote:

Good point.

Life doesn’t come with guarantee’s…people get divorced, widowed, or suffer from bankruptcy. And I know of situations where the husband earns a lot of money but because of his stingy nature, out of desperation the wife is forced to ask others for money…

Islamically, it is the father/husbands job to financially provide for his family..... however there is nothing wrong with women educating themselves just in case one day God forbid she won’t have a man in her life to financially take care of her...

I feel that women should be fully equipped to deal with whatever life throws at them and parents should stress education for their daughters for this reason.

I am so glad to be back in a job, depending on dad for the last 6 months and my student over-draft was not a good thing. I can't wait to get paid next friday Biggrin

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Good point.

Life doesn’t come with guarantee’s…people get divorced, widowed, or suffer from bankruptcy. And I know of situations where the husband earns a lot of money but because of his stingy nature, out of desperation the wife is forced to ask others for money…

Islamically, it is the father/husbands job to financially provide for his family..... however there is nothing wrong with women educating themselves just in case one day God forbid she won’t have a man in her life to financially take care of her...

I feel that women should be fully equipped to deal with whatever life throws at them and parents should stress education for their daughters for this reason.

[color=magenta]Exactly we were talking in lesson the other day about bengali women n work n the teachers were stressing how important it is we actually have a skill and a job. they werent looking down at us if we wanted to get married and be a hsewife but they were saying wouldnt you like to think that if somethng was to happen to ur husband n he wasnt able to provide for them and the women was foreced to work then atleast she would be able to go back to work n wouldnt be left in a situation where she is totally useless n cant provide for her kids or herself[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Angel" wrote:
I am so glad to be back in a job, depending on dad for the last 6 months and my student over-draft was not a good thing. I can't wait to get paid next friday Biggrin

I quit work months ago. But didnt have the guts to tell them that, so I just ignored all their calls asking me to come to work.

The other day, I answered my phone cos they got a bit clever and rang me using a private number.

They had a go at me for not coming into work and told me that I'll be recieving my P45 in the post...which is exactly what I wanted,

It feels good to be unemployed atm....dunno how long this feeling with last though. :?

"MuslimSister" wrote:

It feels good to be unemployed atm....dunno how long this feeling with last though. :?

You know what it does feel great not to go to work and do whatever you have to do, I felt great for the first 3 months but later I realised I couldn't buy what I wanted to (my dad always forced me to take money and reminded me that if I needed money all I had to do was ask but I just felt bad), so in a way I am happy to be working.....

Talking of work I gota get up at 6am, I duno what the hell i am doing up but I guess catching up on sleep over the weekend has kinda made up for it.

I need a job!!! Going to start applying 4da the xmz vacancies n pray that i find sumthing!

[color=magenta]i need a voluntary job to put on my all important UCAS application im sort of lacking in that area,iv worked in the bank of america and a solicitors thats it[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

Atleast that sumthing! I've never workd well aprt frm my 2week work experience!

[color=magenta]well my two weeks placement was at a solicitors n the other was just wrk experience[/color]

Just keep tryng guys, i got into work with only one week experience at an office, I am pretty sure people are willing to take on people who are willing to volunteer, it's just a matter of looking.

Pay day this Friday Biggrin

[color=magenta]lolz i bet ur happy angel, to be honest with u im just lazy i was offered a job at this market research place n u turned it down cuz i couldnt be bothered[/color]

I need a job that Pays! Got kno time for voluntry work!

Pages