Women vs Work

[u][b]Women Feel Bad At Work[/b][/u]

A growing number of women think companies are biased in favour of men.

And most feel intimidated because of their gender, according to a report.

Four out of five of a survey of 2,000 female employees felt their careers were being held back, and most said they had faced discrimination, said law firm Peninsula.

More than four out of five said they would not bother to complain to their boss if they were being harassed because they did not believe they would be taken seriously, it found.

(Discuss)

I can comment cz i havnt properly ever worked.

I think it depends on what type of person it is. If its a shy, quiet type of woman then, oviosuly ther going to feel insecure and stuff but if it was a big, strong woman, she'll be brave and stand up! lol

It's true or so the stats say Blum 3

Personally what I think is men feel threatened by the talent of women who are able to work yet be mothers and wives at the same time, basicaly muti-tasking...maybe I am wrong.

Men also may feel women one day may take over and they will be left jobless Biggrin

You hear a lot of sexual discrimination :evil: also women are under paid even if they can do a job as good as the men or even better

However in my whole 2 years of employment I have never encountered the above mashallah.

[color=magenta]i agree wiv angel you got it spot on sis, not that i would knw i havent even had a job yet im a student but lets just say in about four years time il knw or maybe thngs will change by then[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Angel" wrote:
Men also may feel women one day may take over and they will be left jobless Biggrin

Maybe women will be doing the paid work outside the home and men will stay at home. And when women come home from work, they can also do the housework and men can laze around all day Biggrin

Its a sunnah for men to do the housework. The prophet pbuh used to sew his own clothes and help tidy up around the house.
So instead of the men lazing around doing nothing they can gain some reward! Wink
..and its not fardh for the woman to cook and clean after her husband!

women vs work

why the "vs"..?

okay you got the £££££ aspect.. we work for money.. its the mans role to be the bread winner of the household.. if there is no man then the community should provide for women and children that are unable to support themselves.

now i think its important that a woman needs to question her intentions when going out to work. if its cos she's not got anything better and would like to do something productive, meet new people, etc etc.. then it all good.

but if see "needs" to work to support herself and her kids.. thats a failure of the men of the household and of society in general imo.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

"khan" wrote:
women vs work

why the "vs"..?

okay you got the £££££ aspect.. we work for money.. its the mans role to be the bread winner of the household.. if there is no man then the community should provide for women and children that are unable to support themselves.

now i think its important that a woman needs to question her intentions when going out to work. if its cos she's not got anything better and would like to do something productive, meet new people, etc etc.. then it all good.

but if see "needs" to work to support herself and her kids.. thats a failure of the men of the household and of society in general imo.

If woman is going to work to meet people, it would depend what kind of job she is going to do, if it's call centre, why bother, bunch of annoyin uni/college students! As for community work, good way of getting to know people and at the same time helping others.

The second point I only agree to an extent coz if the man is working and his income is not enough and the woman has to work then that aint failure on the man's side. Nowadays mortgage/children cost loads and one income alone isn't sufficient therefore both couples have to work.

P.S. M bro with that attitude my dear bro you aint gona get anywhere!

"Angel" wrote:

u tell him sis!! Wink

"Angel" wrote:

I wasn't saying I was gonna do that, it was only a suggestion.

Anyways, I wanna be the breadwinner Dirol

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

I wasn't saying I was gonna do that, it was only a suggestion.

Anyways, I wanna be the breadwinner Dirol

:roll:

salaam

absolutely nothing wrong with women wanting to work
islam does not forbid them in anyway
as long as work is halaal, an dthey dress islamically then absolutely nothing wrong with it.
nowadays alot of ppl fail to make ends meet, so husband and wife working is required....

some men are a bit sexist and simply cannot stand women working and come out with all this 'parda' issue... when there is no argument there if job is halal and they are in hijab. why should you question their intention!

women are as clever as guys and it will benefit muslim community if muslim women are in positions or doctors, nurses, teachers, gaenocologists, psycologists, writers etc etc....

those who totally oppose women working and say it is not allowed need to dump the taliban mentality and study true Islam and they will come to the conclusion that there is nothing wrong with women working. end of.

I was a working girl for a year…it was nice to be able to buy a handbag whenever I wanted and I liked being able to take mum to nice restaurants ….however, I was getting burnt out and was beginning to find it so difficult to cope with full time Uni, family and other Commitments.

Now I know that it’s impossible to give justice to full time work/Uni AND other stuff…..when I finish Uni I do intend to work …but only part time. Being busy suits me…idleness leads to depression for many.

so true! Sad

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

its sad that woman are forced to work because the men arnt able to provide.

yeh if a man's got genuine reasons for not being able to put food on the plate and a roof over the head, along with other luxuries of life. thats sad. but thats fate. I aint blaming the guy for that.

but if he's messed up in life and the best he could do is work at mcDonalds i feel sorry for his wife. she's forced to work to make ends meet as her husbad tossing big macs day and night aint gna buy her the shoes she wants or the subscription to zee tv.

but if the husbands retarded due to an illness, not many unemployment opportunities, doesn't exist.

then simply its a failure of society. Someone somewhere is pocketing the 2.5%, or in the uk the 22% or 40% tax.

yeh income support is all good, it gets people by, single mothers get a bit more, widows get a bit more too, but it aint enough imo. it covers the necessecities. Thats about all it covers.

Don't get me wrong. Its a better system than the majority of Muslims countries.. where sisters with no earners in the family need to beg on the streets.. societies failing big time there.

I'm just saying single women should have the right to not work and still be allowed to have a generous income from the state that would keep them comfortable. And if they wanted to work, they would do so out of choice and not financial pressures.

Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,

are you kidding me brother? The government gives too much to ppl. There's way too man benefits available if you can be bothered to do the paperwork.

In fact for a person on an average wage it works out more financially sound if they don't work but claim benefits. This is the case with my family. We recently worked out if my hubby didn't work we'd get more money than he earns now, the government would even pay our rent, and full council tax. But like MS already mentioned i don't want my husband sitting at home bone idle. I want him to be using his head, earning his own money, and he wants to aswell.

I know too many ppl in my local area who are sitting at home lapping it up in the luxury of these benefits and you're seriously proposing we need more benefits????? Too many ppl already take advantage of the benefit system. It's there to help ppl in need not allow ppl to go on cheap package holidays and buy new clothes every other week.

Why should the government give money to single women..so they can go out clubbing, buy those shoes they saw in town last week? They already have the dole system for that. Even muslim countries don't provide benefits to single women so why should a non muslim country?

Women and [b]unnecessary[/b] work?

Another good joke by the revival - keep it up.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

unnecessary work?

where? how? someone needs to do the job.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

women are as clever as guys and it will benefit muslim community if muslim women are in positions or doctors, nurses, teachers, gaenocologists, psycologists, writers etc etc....

Exactly.

I'm sure every guy and woman here would be much happier if Muslim women doctors dealt with them in hospitals/when they went into labour etc

I'm sure women would rather inform Muslim women lawyers about their personal life...

I'm sure that fathers would be happier if the fact of life in schools were taught to their daughters in a subtle manner by Muslim woman rather then the disgusting way it is approached today....

I'm sure women would be happier if they had their hair cut/facials done etc by Muslim women beauticians....

And since obesity is a problem amongst asian woman....I'm sure they'd appreciate Muslim woman only gyms run by qualified Muslim woman...

We live in a non-Muslim country...society can only become more Muslim women friendly if more Muslim women put something back into society.

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Exactly.

I'm sure every guy and woman here would be much happier if Muslim women doctors dealt with them in hospitals/when they went into labour etc

I'm sure women would rather inform Muslim women lawyers about their personal life...

I'm sure that fathers would be happier if the fact of life in schools were taught to their daughters in a subtle manner by Muslim woman rather then the disgusting way it is approached today....

I'm sure women would be happier if they had their hair cut/facials done etc by Muslim women beauticians....

And since obesity is a problem amongst asian woman....I'm sure they'd appreciate Muslim woman only gyms run by qualified Muslim woman...

We live in a non-Muslim country...society can only become more Muslim women friendly if more Muslim women put something back into society.

I totally agree with the above. So I see it as every Muslim womans DUTY to seek and share knowledge for the benefit of the Ummah. Be it within paid or unpaid work.

We should be extremely grateful to the sisters in the positions mentioned above. Surely they are making some sacrifices and we are gaining from them.

Often the type of person that thinks women shouldnt work also has issues with women interacting with men, no matter how innocent the situation. This is unavoidable if women are discouraged from working.

i aint kidding u at all siter yashmacci

i think the state needs to look after women who deserve to be looked after. if a mother wants to go out and spend her child benefit on booze down the local rub a dub dub.. the states done its bit.. best thing in that instant is to call social services.

so u think in an ideal society women folk should be forced to work?

I don't think they should.. I think they should have the option.. if they decide to opt out of work, then they shouldn't struggle through life.

about the muslim countries.. ive already made the point about them failing dismally in this department. the fact is, it makes no difference on what Bangladesh, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia are doing for Single women..

Now your husband working.. thats irrelevant here.. u've got a husband.. he can provide.. don't be expecting anything from the state if you've got a comfortbale income. Just because the state is also failing in another department as you've highlighted where workers are worse off.. I dont get ur point.. Yes I agree.. its messed up..

just because it is messed up.. doesn't mean the women should be forced to work...

Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Exactly.

salaam,
yes well said sis u pointed out some of teh main promblems and concerns that are rapidly growing in our society adn which wil keep on growing bigger if not tackle women especially muslim women are much needed in theses proffesions.

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

I have an interview with an agency 2mro, it's an inbound cust. serv. role and its from 8am-1pm (mon-fri) please pray that something comes out of this for me and I get this job that I way I will be able to give priority to voluntary work and make my years in uni worthwhile!

InshAllah sis, im sure u'll do fine Smile

"Angel" wrote:
I have an interview with an agency 2mro, it's an inbound cust. serv. role and its from 8am-1pm (mon-fri) please pray that something comes out of this for me and I get this job that I way I will be able to give priority to voluntary work and make my years in uni worthwhile!

Good luck sweety...I pray that if this job is good for you then Allah (swt) will destine it for you.

....women in the time of the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) used to manage farms, worked as Shepards, were involved in the welfare of others and even participated in Jihad.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

Good luck sweety...I pray that if this job is good for you then Allah (swt) will destine it for you.

Thanks, and thanks again for the reminder, we should always pray that if the job is good then we should get it.

Thanks for your duas Noor

good luck angel.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

People should find out the facts before blabbing whatever comes into their heads about the era of Nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam.

Most importantly - which Lady radhiyallahu anha did what activity when and under what circumstances. Also with what conditions both internal and external and also what the state of revelation was upto that point.

Its sad that people who lack abc knowledge about Islam - go and learn from similar people - and come out with stuff that really is very misleading.

ALLAH hamari hifazat farmay

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medarris" wrote:
People should find out the facts before blabbing whatever comes into their heads about the era of Nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam.

Most importantly - which Lady radhiyallahu anha did what activity when and under what circumstances. Also with what conditions both internal and external and also what the state of revelation was upto that point.

Its sad that people who lack abc knowledge about Islam - go and learn from similar people - and come out with stuff that really is very misleading.

ALLAH hamari hifazat farmay

And u know it all dont you Med? You know every incident that took place at the time of the prophet PBUH dont you Med? Well thats how u talk, like you know everything, your Mr Right and every1 else is wrong, what they do or say is Bidah and every1 should listen to you and this scholar is wrong, whatever he says is bidah and bla bla bla.

All you seem to do is insult people, then act the all innocent as you've done nothing, simply expressing a point. Like hell you are.

How do you know that the women at the time of the prophet didnt work? Your talking as if you have study every single hadith in the world..

You act as if you know it all but your lacking the most important thing of all, Adab.

Admin, plz get him outoff here, i cant stand the guy.

Open your eyes lady. Who denied they worked? But before people jump into the deep end they should first study what work they did, when they did it, who saw them doing it, what the internal conditions were for their work, what the external conditions were for their work etc.

No - I dont act the innocent. People who are innovators in my eyes (and its pretty well-known who they are) are hated by me and I dont see that as a criminal act. It is an act of virtue for me.

Where I oppose something I say it quite clearly, where I dont I refrain from commenting.

Just because some people cant hack someone coming along and knocking the foundations of the pakistani islaam they have been brought up in - isnt my problem.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Pages