Isn't wearing makeup haram?

I have seen many Muslim girls wear makeup and also have a hijab on. I mean thats just silly. They are not only bringing [i]gunnah[/i] on themselves, but they are making "pious" Muslims like me sin by looking at them.

They should cover up fully. Or I need to get married so I can apply this hadeeth to my person life:

A woman advances and retires in the shape of a devil; [b]so when one of you sees a woman[/b], [color=red]he should come to his wife and have intercourse with her[/color]…(Shahih Muslim 8.3240) Wink

Raj, you can't blame sisters who wear make-up just because it makes you look at them, you have to be responsible for your own actions.

Quote:
Answered by Ustadha Zaynab Ansari

Q. Is it haram for women to wear make-up and kohl?

A. In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Praise be to Allah. May the peace and blessings of Allah shower upon our Beloved Messenger, his family, companions, and those who follow them.

Dear Sister,

Wearing kohl is one of the sunnas of the Prophet, peace be upon him. It is allowed for both males and females. Unless you will bring undue attention to yourself, it is permissible for you to wear kohl.

Makeup is different. In Surat al-Nur, Allah says, "And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what must ordinarily appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, or their brothers' sons or their sisters' sons, or their women or the servants whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex, and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O you Believers, turn you all together towards Allah, that you may attain Bliss". (Qur'an 24:31).

Scholars have interpreted the directive to not display beauty and ornaments except what ordinarily appears in terms of ordinary adornment and extra adornment. Ordinary adornments like kohl, henna, or a ring are permissible to wear in public. Extra adornment, like perfume, lipstick, dazzling eye colors, and the like are not permissible to wear in public. In short, any type of adornment which makes a woman look "made-up" and attracts amorous attention is not permissible, as this would defeat the whole purpose of hijab.

And Allah knows best.

Umm Salah

Well then bro, you oviosuly need to lower your gaze dont you!

"Raj" wrote:
I have seen many Muslim girls wear makeup and also have a hijab on. I mean thats just silly. They are not only bringing [i]gunnah[/i] on themselves, but they are making "pious" Muslims like me sin by looking at them.

They should cover up fully. Or I need to get married so I can apply this hadeeth to my person life:

What about your mother or sister, do they wear makeup?

I recommend you fast and lower your glaze.

why do you look at them if you are a 'pious' muslim?
and i thought you were about to reject Islam, how can you be pious?

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

it's only haraam if you apply it in a haraam way, like full blast make-up on, make in itself isnt haraam its how you wear it.

"*_Noor_*" wrote:

That's what I was also thinking.

Lowering your gaze applies to both women AND men!

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"*_Noor_*" wrote:

That's what I was also thinking.

Lowering your gaze applies to both women AND men!

YES IT DOES!!!

So putting on lip gloss and mascara is [i]halal[/i]?

Understand what you know.

only if it's done to beautify the women for her husband

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

"zara" wrote:

My faith is weak in Islam, I can still be pious.

Well what do you think???? mascara in it self isnt haraam, Allah swt doesnt say its haraam as i sed its the way u wear it, you can get differnt types, sum which are very dark and some which are light, and for lip gloss, is Vaseline haraam? its more a less the same thing. its hwo you wear it!!!!!! get it in your head!!! and if you tried to lower your gaze you wouldnt be asking stuch stupid questions!

"Raj" wrote:
"zara" wrote:

Interesting comment , hope you have sincere intentions to fulfill your words and not come hear to spread fitnah.....

"Raj" wrote:
"zara" wrote:

i thought pious was to believe strongly in your religion?

"zara" wrote:
"Raj" wrote:
"zara" wrote:

Pious or Piety is a desire and willingness to perform religious duties.

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"zara" wrote:
"Raj" wrote:
"zara" wrote:

so, Raj, which religion's duties is it that you are willing and desiring to perform?

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
Well what do you think???? mascara in it self isnt haraam, Allah swt doesnt say its haraam as i sed its the way u wear it, you can get differnt types, sum which are very dark and some which are light, and for lip gloss, is Vaseline haraam? its more a less the same thing. its hwo you wear it!!!!!! get it in your head!!! and if you tried to lower your gaze you wouldnt be asking stuch stupid questions!

Well today I'd seen a really beautiful Muslim girl she had a hijab and she looked intoxicating. If she was covered up properly, and didn't have the make up on as she did. I wouldn't be thinking about her right now. Actually she was very beautiful I can never forget her face.

"zara" wrote:
"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"zara" wrote:
"Raj" wrote:
"zara" wrote:

so, Raj, which religion's duties is it that you are willing and desiring to perform?

[i]Professing or exhibiting a strict, traditional sense of virtue and [b]morality[/b]; high-minded.[/i]

"Raj" wrote:
"*_Noor_*" wrote:

Well today I'd seen a really beautiful Muslim girl she had a hijab and she looked intoxicating. If she was covered up properly, and did have the make up on as she did. I wouldn't be thinking about her right now. Actually she was very beautiful I can never forget her face.

she was covered up properly, as you said she had a hijab on, dont you no that modesty is both applied for women and men?

The Noble Qur'an - An-Nur 24:30
[b]Tell the believing men to lower their gaze[/b] (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allâh is All-Aware of what they do. And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc.) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islâm), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allâh to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.

you have no exuse, if you was fulfling that ayah, you wouldnt find yourself in that position, so you only have yourself to blame.

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
"Raj" wrote:
"*_Noor_*" wrote:

Well today I'd seen a really beautiful Muslim girl she had a hijab and she looked intoxicating. If she was covered up properly, and did have the make up on as she did. I wouldn't be thinking about her right now. Actually she was very beautiful I can never forget her face.

she was covered up properly, as you said she had a hijab on, dont you no that modesty is both applied for women and men?

The Noble Qur'an - An-Nur 24:30
[b]Tell the believing men to lower their gaze[/b] (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allâh is All-Aware of what they do. And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc.) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islâm), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allâh to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.

you have no exuse, if you was fulfling that ayah, you wouldnt find yourself in that position, so you only have yourself to blame.

I had to look at her, I had no choice. She asked me directions.

no you didnt have to look at her, you could have simply looked at the floor.

"Raj" wrote:
"*_Noor_*" wrote:

Well today I'd seen a really beautiful Muslim girl she had a hijab and she looked intoxicating. If she was covered up properly, and didn't have the make up on as she did. I wouldn't be thinking about her right now. Actually she was very beautiful I can never forget her face.

Lol

is this guy forreal :?

you must be one of those people that rapes a girl and then says its not my fault she was wearing a mini skirt :?

the difference between humans and dogs is that we have self control remember that

"Raj" wrote:

Can’t you keep your sins private matter, I wont repeat myself again. And if that was your mother or blood sister, would still look with evil eyes.

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
no you didnt have to look at her, you could have simply looked at the floor.

I don't think so. Firstly she shouldn't have asked me directions I was not related to her I was an [i]ajnaabi[/i] (stranger) to her.

the guyz got sum serious issues

[color=red]
I had to look at her, I had no choice. She asked me directions.[/color]

uh, sure

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"Raj" wrote:

Can’t you keep your sins private matter, I wont repeat myself again. And if that was your mother or blood sister, would still look with evil eyes.

Its part of human nature. To feel this way. She was not dressed appropriately.

"Raj" wrote:
Its part of human nature. To feel this way. [b]She was not dressed appropriately[/b].

She was wearing the hijab :?

"Raj" wrote:
"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"Raj" wrote:

hu are you to decide whether if she was dressed appropriately or not? sort yourself out before you start judging others.

"Raj" wrote:
"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"Raj" wrote:

I'm not talking about human nature- rather the point of you disusing your sins, unless your completely shameless- then I’ll just ignore you.

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"Raj" wrote:
Its part of human nature. To feel this way. [b]She was not dressed appropriately[/b].

She was wearing the hijab :?

yeah I know but she had make on like a slut. so go figure.

Pages