Isn't wearing makeup haram?

160 posts / 0 new
Last post

Foysol89 wrote:
What kinda makeup would men wear?

MANSCARAAAA!! LOL. Heheeee.

Okay, way off topic but I had to say it.

guyliner

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
guyliner

Gay

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

gayliner?

ROFL

what about TresEmme-ing the beard?

Head and Shoulders needs to SO target this market...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:
gayliner?

ROFL

what about TresEmme-ing the beard?

Head and Shoulders needs to SO target this market...

lol! Thats reminds me of the Lynx shower gel commercial!

'If I dnt care where my skin stops and hair starts..neither should my shower gel' lool!

or something like tht anyways Biggrin

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

Lol that ad was joooookes.

P.S there's nothing wrong with tresemmeing ones beard.

Foysol89 wrote:

P.S there's nothing wrong with tresemmeing ones beard.

who said there were? not me! Bilan, did you? why are you feeling targetted/victimized Fboy?

and my friend was telling me about that ad..it sounds really wrong... imgoing to try and youtube it...

The legendary Lynx effect

“My God, what is that smell?” – a disgusted Veronica Corningstone

“That's the smell of desire, my lady.” – Brian Fantana

Here at lynx, while we salute the sentiment of Sex Panther – the cologne made famous by 2004 film Anchorman –we’ve hit on a slightly more successful formula. In fact, we’re celebrating our 25th year creating cool, seductive fragrances and innovative products that give guys the tools to get ahead in the mating game.

And it must be working – because right now over 8 million blokes across the UK & Ireland use Lynx every day. That puts a can of Lynx in 1 of every 4 households in the UK.

But it’s not just the products guys love. Lynx’s popularity is also down to its cutting-edge, award-winning marketing campaigns. From TV ads featuring the likes of Kelly Brook, to interactive Facebook campaigns starring Keeley Hazell and Jessica Jane Clement – Lynx constantly delivers ads that quickly become part of the British guy’s psyche.

i didnt know you could say this things out loud

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

The ad may sound wrog but like Jim Bob said its jookes!

This is the kinda scenario I have in my head when someone says Im tressemeing my beard:

Goatie: Dude, do u wanna go do something tonight?
Beardie: Nah, man, Im gonna stay in to tresseme my beard
Goatie: ??!!??!

(Beardie notices the look on Goaties face)

Beardie: Umm..I said that out loud didnt I?
Goatie: A little yh!
(Silence)
Goatie: So..Im gonna go.
Beardie: Ok, I'll call u!
Goatie: No! I'll.. I'll call you..
Beardie: (crestfallen) ok...whatever..

(Beardie never gets the call) Sad

This would totally be worthy of a McCoys advert. I should send it in shouldnt I??

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Lilly wrote:
sounds gay...

What-ever! Just jealous...

Noor wrote:
Well then bro, you oviosuly need to lower your gaze dont you!

LMFAOOOOOO!!! fUNNY BRO!! Smile

But then again: Truth Hurts....

sad to see that just because a proper counter could not be established u start insulting the person.. but that's the expected reaction as we cant always see the complete picture and we would have to put up a strong face through any means possible. we have to understand what is the purpose of makeup and how in essence it is used to attract attention other than that what purpose would it serve? when it comes to ladies putting make up only for their husbands y don't they do it at home? what are we doing to see that this balance is maintained within our communities other than the occasional ranting?

for banning something you need evidence from qur'an and sunnah.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

ban alcohol but not smoking? both are intoxicating rite? however there is a leniency on smoking but u wont be able to justify this, rite? understand your statements. what proof separates the two? we have to have a stronger imposition

Raj wrote:
So putting on lip gloss and mascara is [i]halal[/i]?

• you dont know anything so bye.*angel*

Your comment came through as blank. Please repost.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

As Salaamu Alaykum Umm Salah

Jazakallah Khayr for your dawah. It has brought more I'll to me. I still have a question. I understand not wearing makeup that brings noticeable attention is not permissible. But say a woman puts on a light shade of lipstick that blends in with her skin color. It's not noticeable because Her friends can't tell unless she tells them. Is makeup that's not obvious okay?.

Raj,

don't blame others fir your mistake. People like you are a disgrace to duniya and to the akhira.

i wish you never get a wife. Because, now your saying this and maybe you will reject your wife's rights.

i would love to lecture you but people like you are NOT worth it

Bismi Allah hi-arRahman ir-Rahim

Brother, lower your gaze at any woman for it is inevitable for men and women to not be attracted to eachother. If you are ready to criticize a woman, then rethink your actions and think how you would feel if a man were to criticize your wife, sister, daughter, or mother. If you are truly a pious Muslim, then reconsider and work on being a pious Mu'min. Every great man has a great woman by his side. And the Prophet SAW said that kindest of men are those who are kind to their wives. If you don't like that she wears makeup, then turn away. Look for another quality you might appreciate in her. Did you ever think how many hardships a woman has to deal with? Or did you just think about Haram and Halaal? If it were your wife, would you say she can only be a good Muslimah if she takes her makeup off? What if she doesn't take it off? Would you use violence and force, and then still call yourself a Muslim? Brother, that is not Islam. If servant is hesitant to follow another servant's Hadith, then he is too coward to follow his Rabb's Din.

As-Salaam-u-'alikum-wa-RahmatAllahi wa-Barakatuhu.

Good luck finding a wife bruh

Um you know if you search the definition of pious on Google, the definition that comes up says “devoutly religious” so………..

it makes sense cuz he's not pious. If he were pious he would mind his own business and not criticize women in such a shameless manner because that's also wrong in Islam.

Umm that's just creepy bro and also wrong since she's not your wife or anything. Make up or not, why were you staring at her? Don't go around blaming other people because you can't keep it in your pants. Avert your eyes if it bothers you so much. Because trust me man, no one likes the discomfort of someone staring at them.

Exactly! Rule applies for both @ 

Salaam,

Makeup is haraam because it attracts people.

My father is an Imam and he told me lots of things.

Make up is haraam and always will be. There is no ‘Haraam’ way or ‘Non-Haraam’ way.

Powder Khol/Kohl isn’t haraam whereas liquid khol is.

May Allah bless you all.

You have to be careful when making proclamations of haraam.

The Scholars are always careful before using such strong words.

Beautifying in itself is not haraam and there are even ahadith that go along the lines of God being beautiful and appreciating beauty.

There is also the later contradiction in your comment as Kohl is a form of makeup but you have stated that it is not haraam.

Pages