Can money buy u happiness?

92 posts / 0 new
Last post

"madiha" wrote:
i mean like
when a person has money they dnt seem to be satisfied, they just want more and more, understand??

thats called greed

Back in BLACK

"The Great 100" wrote:
I'm not allowed envy.

muslims are only allowed to 'envy' a person for their piety, and aspire to be like her/him.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

But that is not envy.

Envy involves wanting the other person to NOT have that which is envied...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

'grudging admiration'. I would class that the same thing...

Anyway to me it means there is a dark side. A dark dark side.

But if people can make up words, I can make up meanings! Blum 3

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"*DUST*" wrote:
"The Great 100" wrote:
I'm not allowed envy.

muslims are only allowed to 'envy' a person for their piety, and aspire to be like her/him.

I don't think I'm even allowed that. Some people have all the luck.

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:
what, by ur standards, are happiness?

a night/day out with mates?

some nice family time spent together = pricless

day out with mates or a night out with family is fun

but to enjoy the above-u need to be fed on time, have hot water for ur bath, clothes to cover ur body, heating in the freezing winter and a bed to sleep on

and guess what

food, clothes, heating etc cost money :roll:

i think im misunderstood then, just to clarify, i dont deny that money makes things easier and it is needed....i plan on making as much money as i can!!

i jus think that money has a small factor to play in happiness, and that some moments of happiness dont require money.....and money can have adverse effects....can turn siblings into enemies even!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:

i jus think that money has a small factor to play in happiness, !

Lack of money is the main source of unhappiness for the kids n Africa

true lilsis money for neccessities is essential

loads of money can buy you happiness if spent on the good things like alms etc

however loads of money spent otherwise can give us a false happiness whilst its spell lasts

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:

lack of food, shelter, basic stuff is....which is usually easier if you have money

money solely on its own means nothing, and excess money doesnt bring any happiness....but i suppose it goes a long way to making life easier, and hence usually happier. usually

plenty of rich people will tell you how life is not gud!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:

lack of food, shelter, basic stuff is....which is usually easier if you have money

money solely on its own means nothing, and excess money doesnt bring any happiness....but i suppose it goes a long way to making life easier, and hence usually happier. usually

plenty of rich people will tell you how life is not gud!

Yea - fulfilling basic needs is one thing but like you said the money itself isn't doing anything to "bring you happiness." More money just means a new set of problems to contend with. There is no "easy card" for life that suddenly takes away your problems and challenges. I don't think God intended the world to work like that.

A to the greed...Agreed, its all about greed!

money can be, can be, deluding

you think when you get it, all your concerns are over

even after you die, your money is causing problems

as biggy says.......mo money, mo problems

not sure where he studied or got his sanad from, but its true what he said there Biggrin

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:

if you've met poor people in Africa, what strikes you is how content they are with the little they do have, how genuinely hospitable and generous they are even though they may not have enough food to feed their own kids. they embody the true muslim.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:

if you've met poor people in Africa, what strikes you is how content they are with the little they do have, how genuinely hospitable and generous they are even though they may not have enough food to feed their own kids. they embody the true muslim.

havent met any poor ppl in Africa but i have met loads in Pakiland

i never noticed how content they are with their poor state

i just noticed how miserable they were because of it

salaam

[color=red]Mr.Money meets Mr.Love [/color]

[color=green]Money:what's the matter mr. love?you're acting like ur the most important thing in the world, it looks like you dont know me well! let me introduce my self, im mr.Money,the most important thing in a person's life, he likes me soo much and he can't live with out me! [/color]

[color=red]Love:people might like u but they like me even more.without me, man's life would be miserable even if he had u. [/color]

[color=green]Money:exuse me mr.Love, but people work very hard to get me! they might even suffer and do anything to just see me let alone to have me! [/color]

[color=red]Love:are u kiding?! romeo and juliet died for me.u think Antar risked his life to be with abla?no, he risked his life because he needed me!
that's the truth no one understands. [/color]

[color=green]Money:but i can control man's action, i can change his personality and change his principles and ideas, can u do that? [/color]

[color=red]Love:no, but i can do more that.i can control man's thoughts! haven't u heard the saying:"love is a blind miror"? i can blind a person and make him see what i want to see.i can make him think his lover is perfect while the truth is completly diffrent, without me there would be no such thing as perfect [/color]

[color=green]Money:but i have the ower to make all people's dreams come true, i can buy them everything they want, even the whole world if they wished.they can't get enough of me! [/color]

[color=red]Love:sure, u can buy lots of things for people, but can u buy me? can u buy true love? [/color]

[color=green]Money:you're right,i can't buy u. i never thought of that before but maybe both of us are very important for people.they need us both to live a happy life. [/color]

[color=red]Love:do u really belive that? [/color]

[color=green]Money:well,no,of course not,i cant even belive i said that!im sure that im more special than u,more important,especially these days.you always hear people saying money,money u rarly hear them say love.i'm sure that people LOVE me [/color]

[color=red]Love:exuse me,but did i hear u say people LOVE you? [/color]wa/salaam

i know what Dust means though. If you've ever seen them documentaries where celebs go out to villages in say Africa and set up an orphanage or school for deprived kids. You'll see kids dressed scantily. With swollen stomachs due to malnutrition smiling so wide their white teeth glisten. Running to hug their western sponsors. Offering them food and a place to stay, all this despite their utter poverty. How many of us would have such patience and be so generous? It has much to do with being content with the little you have. It may not be the same sort of happiness we desire or they do, but it's still contentment in an extreme situation.

How many of us would behave like that if we were bereft of all our material things? Ppl over here would go la la if severn trent switched off their water supply for even half the day.

"yashmaki" wrote:
Ppl over here would go la la if severn trent switched off their water supply for even half the day.

Well we're paying for it Lol

Who's severn trent?

water supplier lol. be quiet or else i'll get my little bruv to switch off your supply he works there Lol

Severn trent eyy....I thought you was a londoni.

Our electricity and water supply was cut off once at the same time for half of the day. And the wierd thing was it was only our house in the whole street but we survived.

Go ahead cut off my water supply, I'll survive with the rain we're getting Lol

I quit work yesterday, what happened yesterday was the last straw for me….work was making me so miserable, I was neglecting family and was struggling to balance Uni and other stuff….

Of course I’ll miss the money….but I rather go without then be unhappy. But I know that I can afford to say this because no one is dependent on my wages and atm I have no bills to pay.

If I was the sole breadwinner I couldn’t afford to do as I please.

Well, congrats!

(Probably not what you thought would be the first reply Blum 3 )

The way I see it if you do not need the money, you may aswell do what you enjoy instead of torturing yourself earning the money you do not need.

Now you just have some free time to fill up with things you would enjoy doing. Savour it while you can.

"Admin" wrote:
Well, congrats!

(Probably not what you thought would be the first reply Blum 3 )

The way I see it if you do not need the money, you may aswell do what you enjoy instead of torturing yourself earning the money you do not need.

Now you just have some free time to fill up with things you would enjoy doing. Savour it while you can.

i agree with Admin. Smile i'm not really a fan of teaching (as a career). Wink

"*DUST*" wrote:

Lol-it isnt teaching that I've quit, I wouldnt be doing my PGCE at the moment if I wasnt into teaching...its agency work as a "supply teacher" that I've given up.

Supply teacher...that reminds me of the happy old days I had when I was in school and had a supply teacher.

No work was done and we threw paper, pritt stick at the teacher when they weren't looking and were writing on the board.

Remember once we made one cry.

It's hard work being a supply teacher with all the abuse you get from students, especially in secondary schools. Primary schools aren't that bad.

"Muslim Bro" wrote:

It's hard work being a supply teacher with all the abuse you get from students, especially in secondary schools. Primary schools aren't that bad.

Agreed.

Thats why I'm studying to be a primary school teacher...according to Imam Ghazzali kids are most impressionable at that age.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Muslim Bro" wrote:

Agreed.

Thats why I'm studying to be a primary school teacher...according to Imam Ghazzali kids are most impressionable at that age.

Yeah and most are adorable at that age and very very curious.

You had too much on your plate so quiting that job was proly the best thing.

I can remember torturing supply teachers... So once again congrats!

(I did not think you quit the career, but the job whatever that was...)

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

Lol-it isnt teaching that I've quit, I wouldnt be doing my PGCE at the moment if I wasnt into teaching...its agency work as a "supply teacher" that I've given up.

lol i know, but i was just saying anyway, quitting any job related to teaching is probably a good move. Blum 3 this is one of those things we disagree on though. Wink

my sisters poverty makes me unhappy

cos it means we cant go out on shopping spree's Cray 2

to me-money is connected to happiness

Pages