WHO ARE THE 'MUSLIM LEADERS'?

57 posts / 0 new
Last post

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
most people that i know here and in real life accept Dr Qadri as their leader

yep Shaykh-ul-Islam Prof. Dr. Muhammad Tahir Ul Qadri is an excellant scholar and makes an excellant leader

"muslim_kuri" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

yep Shaykh-ul-Islam Prof. Dr. Muhammad Tahir Ul Qadri is an excellant scholar and makes an excellant leader

yes i second and third that

"muslim_kuri" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Yet he is not british.

If the tide ever turns, it may be said 'Moslems inspired by foreign nationals'

Does any British Muslim leader represent you?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

Maybe Lord Nazir. Seems astute. Plus he's from Mirpur. But he's old.

Possibly Shahid Malik. Young, intelligent, articulate. I remember him getting in the thick of it during the riots oop North, I think it gave him a bit of a 'from the streets' image. But I want him to rebel against the gov on something.

Asghar Bukhari is inspiring. But he wouldn't call himself a leader, not in public anyway.

i dont know any british leaders

so I dont think I can look up to up any

closest that'd come to a leader to me is also Asghar Bukhar cos he is a Fab speaker-

his brother Zulfi Bukhari is also a top speaker but neither one of them are leaders yet

i dont really know any British leaders either...maybe lack of interest on our part or the lack of interest on the part of these 'British Muslim leaders'? because they dont seem 2 be doing a very good job of reaching out 2 the Muslims...esp the youth

Lord Nazir is probably the only one that i have heard of and he seems 2 make sense when he speaks

"Admin" wrote:
"muslim_kuri" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Yet he is not british.

He isnt british but he appeals to a lot of the youth, and a lot of ppl regard him as an excellant leader, Dr Tahir-ul-Qadri knows how to capture ppl IMO..

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

his brother Zulfi Bukhari is also a top speaker but neither one of them are leaders yet

Where have you heard Zulfi Bukhari?

"irfan" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

please give it a rest Lord N is definately NOT a good leader i wont say any more cos you are supposed to cover up fellow muslims faults not expose them

True.

He is also truely a NewLabour stooge.

Have you heard him? He will not let anyone criticise That Bliar.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"almas" wrote:
"irfan" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

please give it a rest Lord N is definately NOT a good leader i wont say any more cos you are supposed to cover up fellow muslims faults not expose them

You can diss leaders.

So please, don't hold back.

"Admin" wrote:
True.

He is also truely a NewLabour stooge.

Have you heard him? He will not let anyone criticise That Bliar.

But he is the only Muslim guy in Lords. We have to make him work for us.

If you don't like him then you're left with Lord Ali. And beleive me, you don't want to be left alone with Lord Ali.

However I am not for hiding all flaws.

Some flaws need to be exposed. Others need to be hidden. Both types need to be fixed.

i dont want to end up in court for libel and slander even if the stuff is true i just havent got that kind of dosh

you really got to get to know his goings on personally and i'm talking his political goings on not personal God knows about his personal stuff.

to sum up i can say he is the most conservative 2 faced monster you can ever deal with and sly too yes hes sly cos he covers the whole thing up with saying just the right thing at the right moment - i must stop now

"almas" wrote:
to sum up i can say he is the most conservative 2 faced monster you can ever deal with and sly too yes hes sly cos he covers the whole thing up with saying just the right thing at the right moment - i must stop now

Come on, don't stop now.

If you're worried about libel, then what you've said already is libellous enough.

Give us some evidence/rumor/hearsay.

"irfan" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Where have you heard Zulfi Bukhari?

LOL-in my house

he's a close friend of the family

aparently he does public speaking too-but I've never heard him speak in public

"angel" wrote:

He isnt british but he appeals to a lot of the youth, and a lot of ppl regard him as an excellant leader, Dr Tahir-ul-Qadri knows how to capture ppl IMO..

Mr Admin thinks u need to be British to be a Muslim Leader :roll:

I bet he owns a Union Jack T-shirt Biggrin

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

Mr Admin thinks u need to be British to be a Muslim Leader :roll:

I bet he owns a Union Jack T-shirt Biggrin

No, I own a palestinian flag one. Does that count?

Come on, a foriegner, no matter how great will never fully understand the problems of us brits. Even if he could, his opinion would not hold any merit with the establishment.

"Admin" wrote:

Come on, a foriegner, no matter how great will never fully understand the problems of us brits. Even if he could, his opinion would not hold any merit with the establishment.

the British "leaders" lack in Islamic knowldge compared to "Foreigners" even if they can relate to us a bit more

thats why u see more "British" people following "Foreigners"

Having a foreign leadership can lead to many problems.

I am not saying do not follow them, but look at what they did to Al-Qaradawi. They strung him up big time. He is a moderate, but the hounds in the press do not care. They need to sell papers.

So we need a local british leadership we trust and respect. Unfortunately we do not have that.

"Admin" wrote:
Unfortunately we do not have that.

Therfore beggars can not be choosers.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
Unfortunately we do not have that.

Therfore beggars can not be choosers.

You haven't encounterd many have you? Go to pakistan. They don't want the scraps!

Besides the correct solution is to grow the homegrown leadership.

The 'British Muslim Forum' started earlier this year. It has alot of potential. At election its election guide was also rather good. It needs time though to get its name out and make itself effective.

How long have Muslims been present in the UK?

by now you'd think we'd have at least ONE leader that most people look up to

even US has Humza Yusuf

so u cant complain about British people turning to Foreign schlors esp since it aint as if we have an alternative here

Salaam

Why is it that even though most of us here are Asians ourselves we hold some reservations about scholars from south Asia?

Most of the scholars from south Asia are a LOT more knowledgeable then most of the Muslim leaders here.

Scholars such as Shaykh Hamza or Ahmad Thompson are seen as being more “in touch” or “understanding” and can “relate to us more”......and their not even from south Asia..

Does this have anything to do with the stigma that some of us hold towards people from “back home?” Is it really a big deal for people from the UK to follow a knowledgeable scholar from “back home”?

Personally, I have equal and immense respect for both types of scholars.

Wasalaam

well said Muslim Sister it does appear that south asian scholars are snubbed to an extent which leaves us bereft of much needed knowlege

South Asian scholars provide many British Muslims with religious guidance. But they cannot be political leaders for British Muslims.

For political leadership British Muslims have to look to one of their own.

Pages