This is the sort of content that will often get "lost" and ignored when pro-israeli aggression individuals state that Israel has "no partner to talk to" instead of admitting that it is their own side which is preventing any peaceful resolution.
Ma'an News Agency refers to a report in Hebrew-language daily Maariv which quoted a "high-profile" Palestinian source stating that Hamas and Islamic Jihad were willing to sign a truce upon agreement of ten simple conditions:
- Israeli tanks be from border fence area to such a distance that farmers can safely farm their land. (currently farmers are often shot, wounded and killed when tending to farmland within half a mile of the Israeli apartheid wall. Even the UN is not allowed in this region... ad consider that the Gaza strip is only 7 miles wide...)
- Israel to free all prisoners detained since the kidnapping and murder of the Israeli teenagers, including those previously released in exchange for the release Gilad Shalit. (These were mostly kidnapped in response to Netanyahu's bloodlust and politici)
- Israel (and Egypt) to end the siege on Gaza. Open the border crossings and allow construction materials and all requirements allowing the Gaza power station to operate.
- The Opening of an international seaport and airport, to be run by the United Nations.
- Israel to Allow fishermen to fish up to 10 Nautical miles from the coast. (Currently fishermen are harrassed and sometimes killed simply because they want to eat.)
- Rafah crossing to be monitored by an international crew from friendly arab countries. (This prevents Israel and Egypt from doing what tey have been doing for the past 7 years.)
- Commitment from israel of a 10 year cease-fire - includes closing Gaza airspace to Israeli aircraft. (This prevents tragedies like what are happening now when Netanyahufor his own purposes started his attack on Gaza)
- Permits for Gazans to visit Jerusalem and Masjid Al Aqsa. (Palestinians being allowed to visit palestinia land, free movement in their current place is nothing too demanding)
- Abstension from meddling in internal Palestinian internal affairs including political arrangements and the reconciliation agreement and all its consequences. (Netanyahu started the current attack on Gaza because the Palestinian factions wanted to form a unity government. Over 200 killed due to this intervention.)
- Re-establishment of the Gaza Industrial Zone.
All conditions are reasonable. Many of them should be standard practice anyway.
If anyone ever states that there was no partner for peace on the Palestinian side, you will now be able to point out the lie in that statement.