The teach me Urdu thread
This is for the urdu speaking members of the forum, please can u teach me urdu π mom and dad screw at us kids for not speaking urdu, so i appeal to you guys. And please don't say go and read them urdu books, they do my heading in!
The basics of how to speak will do me fine.
JaazakAllah khayr.
Forum
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
Ya'qub β Mon, 21 Jul 2008 - 12:48
[quote=Sumaiya]It seems that everyone on this website (apart from me) is either indian, pakistani or bengali.[/quote]
Hey!
I'm Scottish. I have a special family tartan an everything!
And I think Funzo is ethnically Irish...
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
xSmurfy786x β Mon, 21 Jul 2008 - 13:51
LMAOOO!!
what a threadd haha
i speak Urdu.. urdu urdu urdu.. i can hardly speak Punjabi, and when i do its a mix of lahori (which is where my parents are from) mirpuri coz of the area i live in in Sheffield, mixed with half english half urdu words.. which is whyyy i NEVER speak Punjabi, unless to my granparents haha
Our mother tongue is urdu, so i did Urdu early entry GCSE and A level Alhamdulillah..
soo ill teachhh uu lol hehe
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
xSmurfy786x β Mon, 21 Jul 2008 - 13:56
[quote=Sirus]urdu is easy!
i probably speak more urdu than english on a daily basis :? .....lately, ive started saying things in urdu i would normally say in english....which is weird[/quote]
lool me aswell.. well it was more frequent in school actually, we used 2 have an "official mangy day" - (dont ask why its called that) where all day we spoke our own languages to each other,even to the teachers lmaoo.. they got VERY annoyed, it wasss soo muchh funn lol.. but fortunetly they understand most of our language, seeing as my school is literally 95% pakistani lmaoo...
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
Sumaiya β Mon, 21 Jul 2008 - 16:22
Well you said that you could speak urdu or something earlier and whos funzo?
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
Sumaiya β Mon, 21 Jul 2008 - 18:02
Thanks, do you know which part of ireland hes from?
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
You β Mon, 21 Jul 2008 - 18:22
and he has:
http://www.therevival.co.uk/users/funzo
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
Sumaiya β Mon, 21 Jul 2008 - 19:00
okay so hes from northen ireland, yaqub is scottish and im english ao now all we need is a southern irish person and wed make up the british isles.
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
You β Mon, 21 Jul 2008 - 19:03
I thought bedford was in the midlands?
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
Sumaiya β Mon, 21 Jul 2008 - 19:18
i thought it was in belfast which is in northern ireland
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
Ya'qub β Mon, 21 Jul 2008 - 21:18
[quote=Sumaiya]okay so hes from northen ireland, yaqub is scottish and im english ao now all we need is a southern irish person and wed make up the british isles.[/quote]
er...I don't mean to always get on your back but...
what about Wales?
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
Sumaiya β Mon, 21 Jul 2008 - 21:59
oh sugar puff and honey iced tea, well thats out of the window then. Are you a troo sco'ish mon? Do you have the accent as well?
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
Courage β Tue, 22 Jul 2008 - 18:05
[quote=Ya'qub][quote=Sumaiya]okay so hes from northen ireland, yaqub is scottish and im english ao now all we need is a southern irish person and wed make up the british isles.[/quote]
er...I don't mean to always get on your back but...
what about Wales?[/quote]
I used to live in Wales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
Ya'qub β Tue, 22 Jul 2008 - 18:09
[quote=Courage][quote=Ya'qub][quote=Sumaiya]okay so hes from northen ireland, yaqub is scottish and im english ao now all we need is a southern irish person and wed make up the british isles.[/quote]
er...I don't mean to always get on your back but...
what about Wales?[/quote]
I used to live in Wales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]
Are you ethnically Welsh?
Is your last name Jones?
Do you sing songs about leeks in a choir?
If yes, then astaghfirullah!
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
Courage β Tue, 22 Jul 2008 - 18:17
Are you ethnically Scottish?
Is your second name Salmond?
Do you attract Loch Ness Monsters with bagpipes?
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
Sumaiya β Tue, 22 Jul 2008 - 20:14
i think its the northen irish accent that sounds like american
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
Ya'qub β Wed, 23 Jul 2008 - 01:00
if anyone want to do a perfect impression of a cow...
and I mean PERFECT....
don't say the simple, boring, 'Moo!' Have you ever heard a cow say 'moo!' in the way it's spelt? I think not.
Instead, try saying the word 'Mirror' in a Northern Irish accent.
THAT sounds just like a cow!
Well done, excellent impression. Give yourself a pat on the back.
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
xSmurfy786x β Wed, 23 Jul 2008 - 16:01
LMAO! :roll:
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
Courage β Thu, 24 Jul 2008 - 15:16
I can actually do a proper cow impression, believe it or not! Shame you can't hear me.
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
Amal β Thu, 24 Jul 2008 - 16:56
[quote=Ya'qub]if anyone want to do a perfect impression of a cow...
and I mean PERFECT....
don't say the simple, boring, 'Moo!' Have you ever heard a cow say 'moo!' in the way it's spelt? I think not.
Instead, try saying the word 'Mirror' in a Northern Irish accent.
THAT sounds just like a cow!
Well done, excellent impression. Give yourself a pat on the back.[/quote]
What I want to know is: How did you work this out?
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
Ya'qub β Thu, 24 Jul 2008 - 18:47
[quote=Amal]
What I want to know is: How did you work this out?[/quote]
I can't remember where I heard this. I didn't make it up by myself.
I DID make up the 'pat on the back' comment, but noone seems to have got the joke...
*sigh*
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
Hajjar β Fri, 25 Jul 2008 - 20:05
i thght this was the teach me urdu thread but all i hear is moo?
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
MuslimBro β Sat, 26 Jul 2008 - 08:58
So anyone here speak urdu?
I know a few words here and there, that's about it.
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
Courage β Tue, 29 Jul 2008 - 16:11
I remember this Urdu ad was advertising this thing with the brand name of GIT. Yup, that's right, GIT!
The ad was saying how good GIT was. Me and my sister were laughing our heads off!
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
Funzo β Sun, 3 Aug 2008 - 00:19
[quote=Sumaiya]i think its the northen irish accent that sounds like american[/quote]
No it doesnt.
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
Funzo β Sun, 3 Aug 2008 - 00:19
[quote=Ya'qub][quote=Sumaiya]It seems that everyone on this website (apart from me) is either indian, pakistani or bengali.[/quote]
Hey!
I'm Scottish. I have a special family tartan an everything!
And I think Funzo is ethnically Irish...
[/quote]
Lol!
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
angel_muslimah_786 β Wed, 6 Aug 2008 - 15:21
[quote=Noor]LOL!
for a second i thought, what the hell is "hoar phir" haha
i thought them guys said "hoar kaer" not "phir", "kaer" sounds so much ruder.[/quote]
HUH???????????????
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
Young Anonymouβ¦ β Mon, 18 Aug 2008 - 19:38
i can't speak any language except English.
but i'm doin Arabic GCSE, it's alright in class, but i can't speak it to Arab people!! i need my books in front of me! LoL
My Nanny and Nanna speak Gujurati to us kids, and we speak to them in English. its o.k, but my mum sumtimes gets it by other 'elders' coz we don't speak th 'mother tongue'! :?
Re: The teach me Urdu thread
Funzo β Mon, 18 Aug 2008 - 19:43
yalla al shabab?
Pagination