The Glorious Qur’an contains specific and detailed guidance regarding the division of the inherited wealth, among the rightful beneficiaries.
The Qur’anic verses that contain guidance regarding inheritance are:
- Surah Baqarah, chapter 2 verse 180
- Surah Baqarah, chapter 2 verse 240
- Surah Nisa, chapter 4 verse 7-9
- Surah Nisa, chapter 4 verse 19
- Surah Nisa, chapter 4 verse 33 and
- Surah Maidah, chapter 5 verse 106-108
There are three verses in the Qur’an that broadly describe the share of close relatives i.e. Surah Nisah chapter 4 verses 11, 12 and 176.
The translation of these verses are as follows: