Hey....

Salaam,
My name is Isha al-Maghribi, and I'm a new member of the revival.
I thought I'd just introduce myself as I was advised to do so.
So, yeah,nice to meet you all, and I hope you are people that will hold a significant position in my life, and someone worthy of remembering.
I've been a member for like 3 hours so far, and it's been very welcoming, so shokran for that.
W/Salaams

Welcome to our humble abode.

Make yourself at home.

And now that it is after iftaari, we can say "make yourself a cup of tea".

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Isha Al-Maghribi wrote:
Salaam,
So, yeah,nice to meet you all, and I hope you are people that will hold a significant position in my life, and someone worthy of remembering.
I've been a member for like 3 hours so far, and it's been very welcoming, so shokran for that.
W/Salaams

Salaam and welcome

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
Isha Al-Maghribi wrote:
Salaam,
W/Salaams

Salaam and welcome

Shokran Jazeelan.

Love is a serious mental disease.

Isha...Welcome Biggrin
I adore your name , is it Arabic? Its really nice .

Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.

Bijou wrote:
is it Arabic?

It is the name of the 5th salah of the day.

MuslimBro wrote:
Bijou wrote:
is it Arabic?

Lol

Back in BLACK

MuslimBro wrote:
Bijou wrote:
is it Arabic?

Right...I was a bit...occupied that's why I didn't think of that... :roll:

Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.

Or it could be I as in when you say "I" as in "me". Pronoun or whatever.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

??
ana?
usually in arabic, to say something belongs to me, the word ends with ee

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

I was questioning if Isha may have been pronounced like Aisha.

Lilly wrote:
You wrote:

??
ana?
usually in arabic, to say something belongs to me, the word ends with ee

??

He meant the sound of the name "I-sha"

or were you talking about the same thing? :oops:

EDIT - I had this window open to reply but ending up replying after without realising You already had replied himself

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

i still dont get it...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

"isha" - pronounced eesha or Ayesha?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Bijou wrote:
Isha...Welcome Biggrin

Thank You and Yes.
I've never heard your name before? What origin is it and what does it mean, if you don't mind...

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
"isha" - pronounced eesha or Ayesha?

People do sometimes decide to call me Aisha (why?); but it is Isha (eesha).

MuslimBro wrote:
Bijou wrote:
is it Arabic?

As we are on the topic of names here.... When we reached Pakistan and the ’loving, doting’ family we were going to spend two wonderful long, long, loooooong weeks with were there. And, the Father of the house (nice cheery guy) says to my brothers “what are you two called…? Fajr and Dhuhr?” And, then everyone burst into peels of laughter. (Baha-Al-)Deen was like “hahahahaha. So funny; we haven’t heard that one before(!)” They asked my sister what her name was, and she was like “Sheikha”. Again, they couldn’t stop laughing; sheer ignorance. Daddy was like “wait guys. It gets better(!)” and he walks off….
It was kind of amusing at how ignorant people are, but, hey ho.

Isha Al-Maghribi wrote:
Bijou wrote:
Isha...Welcome Biggrin

Thank You and Yes.
I've never heard your name before? What origin is it and what does it mean, if you don't mind...

Bijou is french for 'jewel'...hubby calls me that lol

Bijou wrote:
Isha Al-Maghribi wrote:
Bijou wrote:
Isha...Welcome Biggrin

Thank You and Yes.

Oh! Bijoux et Bijouterie.
Oui, Je comprends maintenant!

That's sweet. So you're French, then?

Isha Al-Maghribi wrote:
Bijou wrote:
Isha Al-Maghribi wrote:
Bijou wrote:
Isha...Welcome Biggrin

Thank You and Yes.

You speak french? I'm not french, Abasse is ...I just manage to say a few words here and there lol

Bijou wrote:
Isha Al-Maghribi wrote:
Bijou wrote:
Isha Al-Maghribi wrote:
Bijou wrote:
Isha...Welcome Biggrin

Thank You and Yes.

You speak french? I'm not french, Abasse is ...I just manage to say a few words here and there lol

(Back to Anglais.)
Oh, right, so you're not?

Isha Al-Maghribi wrote:
[

ignorant? or rude? :/

Isha Al-Maghribi wrote:
[

ignorant? or rude? :/

I like to disguise their rudeness as ignorance. It is more tolerable.

Ok. Ignorant just seemed like an odd choice lol

(Do you think you calling them ignorant, if they're not, may be rude? Just asking.)

Ok. Ignorant just seemed like an odd choice lol

(Do you think you calling them ignorant, if they're not, may be rude? Just asking.)

I agree. It is rude.
But, the hell they made me go through was totally unfair. Ok, It's ok for me, because I don't really care. But, the way they treated my parents? I can't forgive them for that. I just Thank Allah the Almighty he's gave my parents understanding, consideration and Patience.
...]
There would always be rumours about the 'foreign white' girl. All these rumours; that just me laugh. It's like whatever I did, they'd try finding something bad about it. They way I talked, I walked- "I had swagger?"
I was always talking to guys? What guys?!?!>?!?!?!?!
I was with Afghan guys? Or I was flirting with a bunch of Iraqi guys? Or I gave my number to someone? Or I raised my weyebrow at someone.
I didn't care, because it wasn't exactly true, but my parents were like upset/anger.
Pride is a big thing for some people, hurting that pride is a big issue, also.
It's also amusing how all these rumours were about me and boys.
not about me smoking, or me drinking, or me doing blackmagic. But boys????/

s.b.f wrote:
How's your husband?

He's good.
Thank Allah, he has put someone like him by my side. (I can't believe I said that...)
But he always stuck for me;whenever people said stuff.

Ocean wrote:

Ok, It's ok for me, because I don't really care. But, the way they treated my parents?

You didn't care? May be you should... that way they would think twice before making your parents feel askward.

I didn't care, because it wasn't exactly true, but my parents were like upset/anger.

Your parents should have stuck up with you there. Anger shows maybe they did?

Oh, they did.
When my Father had had enough of it, he said "waqf! Stop! Rukho!" Don't know why in 3 different languages, but, anyways he said:
Enough is enough. Stop this. Not only are you doubting her character, but you're doubting our upbringing.
What you say is completely out of order. But we still respect you. I don't know where you hear this rubbish, But it is not true. If she was truly like that; we wouldn't have even wed off to Hitler. We wouldn't burden him, but that is not so.We practice what we preach. Isha understand very well that 'He' is her one and only; she belongs to him.
(I know whatever my Father was saying there was totally against his beleif. He tells my btrothers several times not to objectify a woman. And going back on his own word must have been hard for him, but he explained.)
Then, the Father of the house was like "Oh, but she's got a bite on her neck. Explain that. Do you know how wrong this is. We respect Arab people; they're people of our Prophet (what?), but we can't respect her when she does things like this.
It was like the Earth was eating me up. Do you have any idea how "eurghhhhh" that waS? Infront of my Father and my brothers, and my brothers gave me a death stare.
Bless Deen, he was like "well, you shouldn't be looking at her neck in the first place, should you?"
Father shook his head, and said " That is beside the point. Isha, explain to your Uncle, that that is not so"
Hopw was i supposed to explain??!?! I couldn't possibly lie, and I wasnt going to say anything either. And, then 'He' came, and said "It was me. It's between husband and Wife. why anyone else interferes I don't know!"
I wanted to hug him there, but it was a bit awkward.He knew the truth, yet he stood by me, That meant a lot, like a total LOT!
And, then he carried out saying to my Father that "Don't worry about it. They just can't beleive how perfect she is. They can't believe that she's flawless. That someone like this would come into my life!"
It was the sweetest thing ever. Obviously I hated it, because he was wrong. I had a lot flaws, more than the amount of starts in the sky or the hairs on your head. And, i was far from perfect; but he was there. So i think this trip bore fruit.

Ocean wrote:

There would always be rumours about the 'foreign white' girl. All these rumours; that just me laugh. It's like whatever I did, they'd try finding something bad about it. They way I talked, I walked- "I had swagger?"

I'd use that to my benefit. I don't know what you're worried about, they are giving you the chance to be in control of your own life so take it!

Hmm, I don't get it...

It's also amusing how all these rumours were about me and boys.
not about me smoking, or me drinking, or me doing blackmagic. But boys????/

Careful Isha. The pond may be frozen but it's important you don't jump on frozen water.

[/quote]

Sorry, I don't get it....?

Pages