On Patience And Thankfulness.

Assalam alaikum,

The truthful person offers thanks for the blessings he receives, endures with patience the punishments, carries out the Commandments and keeps away from the prohibitions. Thus, the hearts are developed. Offering thanks for receiving blessings increases them and enduring with patience the punishments removes and mitigates them.

Endure with patience the death of childeren and other family members, the loss of property, loss of good reputation, the failure of worldly goals and harm caused by creatures, and then you will receive a great deal of good.

When you thank for being in easy circumstances and be patient when having hard times, the wings of your faith will become fully pledged and strengthened, and your heart and innermost being will fly to the door of your Lord. How can you lay claim to faith when you have no patience? Have you not heard the saying of Prophet Muhammad, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, '' PATIENCE IS TO FAITH AS THE HEAD IS TO THE BODY''. If you do not have patience, then your faith is without a head and hence its body is worthless. If you know the One who sends the affliction, you would bear His affliction. If you know this world, you would not fall into disobedience by seeking it.

For further reading on this, see Shaykh Abdulkadir Al-Jilani's

''Jila al-Khatir (Purification Of The Mind)''.

''

"Gulp down patience in abundance, for if it kills you, you'll die as a martyr, and if it lets you live, you'll live in glory."

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Have you not heard the saying of Prophet Muhammad, may Allah bless him and grant him peace,????

Ali

which one?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I found out recently that utilising patience at the first sign of calamity is best.

showing patience in all matters is not something I find easy. Sometimes you just aren't prepared. and yet it is the most sensible thing to do, after all what can be achieved by wailing and swearing, nothing.

Even when prepared to be patient recently I lost my patience, I knew it was a test I failed it, then I had to apologise profusely. I had turned into the very thing I despised, arrogant and selfish, even a bully all because I was not patient.

So I pray to Allah tallah that none of us are subjected to terrible trials and tribulations because some of us like me are too weak to handle them. Ameen.

laila wrote:
So I pray to Allah tallah that none of us are subjected to terrible trials and tribulations...

Aameen

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.