Army or Police?

why do we have army and police? why not just police?

well what i see physicaly is the army killing people overseas. no achievements. no change. just killing.

police is nessesary but why army? for example british troops killing people in the middle east. Ummah taking over britain.

who is winning if its a war? the british kill a few and then eventually leave. wile the Ummah is here to stay and spreading.

type "islam will take over the world in 50 years" on youtube.com

i think we should all scrap the army and focus on having a strong loyal but Conscientious police force.

what is the purpouse of the army? why do we really need them?

it surelly must be to bully other countries...

well..at the beginning it was to defend the country...but now they're more overseas then at home.. but not sure scarping it completely would be a solution..

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

An army is to defend the country and the poilice to enforce the law.

Different things.

when the roles are combined - eg the army does policing, bad things happen, ie random people getting shot.

Both roles require different training and skills.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

An army is to defend the country and the poilice to enforce the law.

Different things.

when the roles are combined - eg the army does policing, bad things happen, ie random people getting shot.

Both roles require different training and skills.

Thats a good answer.  In an ideal world we wouldn't need either.  In the world we have created we need both. Personally I hate both, the idea of policing and trained killers just makes me sick to the stomach.  How good it would be a world without crime and war.

I agree with You's definitions. 

Once upon a time, people needed jobs. So, lots of men and strong young boys decided to join the army so that they could leave their families and wives at home, whilst they supported their country, putting their lives at risk and earning some money for their loved ones, and only returning to meet them once in a while. It just so happened that the government decided to make cuts in the army force, leaving many jobless and without financial income. These soldiers simply had medals to take home, which they thought was a great achievement in itself, regardless of the innocent women and children who were killed.