Aspirations

how did you get inspired to do what you're doing now?

be it, uni course, or anything else. why are you doing it? what drives you? what started it? how did you end up where you are? feel free to propose other Q;s around this topic. i'll edit the OP and add them.

Well, I wanted to do Maths and Computing at college. And then decide from there what I'll do next. I didn't have a plan really, was just planning to "wing it"

The guy who I went school with, the one who would have gone with me to college, decided he wanted to do Accounts rather than Math, so I went along with that too.

Dropped out of my A-Levels twice, started working in accounts and done my AAT while working cos without it, the money was very poor.

Worked my up a couple of steps of the ladder and started contracting. The work is not as secure as being employed by the company directly but the money is a lot better. Although the work is not guranteed, I've not a had any long periods of unemployment so I have Allah to thanks for that.

I don't really like the work, I'd rather do social / community work or something, but the transition will be too costly and as I have two young children to provide for I'm not able to do that at the moment.

My longer term plan is to save enough to do my chartered exams, do them, be on twice as much money as I'm on now. Have all my financial needs taken care of in half the time and get onto the things that will make me happy on the inside.

And then retire and tend to my garden and grandchildren for a few years before I finally move onto the next life.