Banned gay bus ad group looks at legal action against TFL

I dont see why its an offensive rude or inconsiderate advert.

Unless people find the idea that they can change to be offensive. In which case it is more a sign of their own stubbornness or self esteem.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

its a christian advert where christianity doesnt accept homosexuality anyway.

and no, the advert isnt suggesting that, just that they can change and get help.

In the US there are such therapy groups and from what I read a few years ago, they do actually work for some people atleast.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Titanium wrote:

It's insensitive, rude and inconsiderate.
That's why it is banned

The Atheists got their way and they had adverts on bus’s saying there’s probably no God why was that not banned? The religious people would have found that rude and offensives that was allowed to go ahead so why not this?

Titanium wrote:

If you were allowed freedom of speech what would you like to tell the world? How would you ABUSE it if you had TOTAL freedom?

Not everyone would abuse it and the ones that did would be delt with accordingly

Titanium wrote:

I don't understand why people can't just be polite and nice for once in their bloody life? It's not difficult.

If everyone did that on a personal level then I think it's definitely achievable

My English is not very good

Titanium wrote:
UK is 60 % athiest and possibly more now

Are you saying that we should give in to them?

Not alcoholic, post alcoholic, ex-alcoholic
Not a convict, post conviction, ex-convict
Non smoker, post smoker?, ex smoker

Gay might be in a category of something some are proud to be so

Not a model, post model, ex model
Not an actor, post actor, ex actor
Not a teacher, post teaching, ex teacher
Not angry, post anger, ex angry person

None of them sound as good as the one on the bus, but really it's well known that some people are proud to be gay so why upset them, but then again some people may actually be happy to be no longer gay so let them have their say, but the thing sounds a bit brainwashy to me, next there might b a bus going round saying

Not Muslim, Post Islam, ex Muslim

lollywood wrote:

Not everyone would abuse it and the ones that did would be delt with accordingly

Lol which is exactly the current system you're complaining about.
'Why should they be dealt with? Where's the freedom of speech?'

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

laila wrote:

None of them sound as good as the one on the bus, but really it's well known that some people are proud to be gay so why upset them,

What is there to be proud about?

I get upset and all because I feel its un natural, I could go on to say homosexuality is a threat to mankind because they can't have children of their own and if your going to say they can adopt but then the children they‘re going to adopt came from a man and a women or they certainly didn’t come from a union of 2 men that’s for sure, I wouldn’t let them adopt because a child needs to understand that this is not the norm, A child needs a mom and a dad for various reasons the most obvious puberty, it would be awkward and embarrassing for a young madam to go to two men and ask about that or for a young sir to go to two women, if they had a mom and a dad each would seek guidance from the appropriate person

Kids teasing at school ha ha you have 2 moms ha ha you have 2 dads we have a mom and a dad you guys weird, think about the emotional tremor the child is going to face he or she might not to well at school because of this

Rawrrs_isarollingstone wrote:

If people discriminate use racist or offensive language then that should nor be tolerated

lollywood wrote:

The banned posters read: "Not gay! Post-gay, ex-gay and proud. Get over it!"

Where has the freedom of speech gone?[/quote]

freedom of speech is not an absolute right in this country...nor any other country for that matter.

if it was so, people would just abuse it...freedom of speech arguments and debates are stupid most of the time....because the only intention in the minds of supporters in extreme cases is that of abuse and ridicule....so 'where exactly is the freedom of speech?'... answer is there is none, well atleast not in the way that people would perhaps 'like' it to be....and i think that is for the best as if provided as an absolute right, there's no doubt in the fact, people would firstly abuse it without any sanctions upon their words, and secondly it would ultimately end in furious disputes (NO GOOD WOULD COME FROM IT!!) ....freedom of speech as a limited right strikes the right balance IMO.

why? do you think it should be an absolute right...and if so would you voice opinions that you perhaps can't openly express now...?

Suhail. - very good

LOllywood gays are a minority, we must protect the minority, we are not bullies

You don't like the gay act, I don't but thankfully we don't need to know about it to know that most of them despise themselves and if a few or even a lot say they are proud then let them and leave them alone. There's a lot of stuff going on in society, a lot of abuse and hurt and major corruption and the world is being enslaved and we're still prattling on about gays!

Suhail wrote:

freedom of speech is not an absolute right in this country...nor any other country for that matter.

Are you sure?

Suhail wrote:

if it was so, people would just abuse it...freedom of speech arguments and debates are stupid most of the time

If they really wanted to abuse they would just do it

Suhail wrote:

....because the only intention in the minds of supporters in extreme cases is that of abuse and ridicule....

As you said extreme cases not everyone would go that far

Suhail wrote:

so 'where exactly is the freedom of speech?'... answer is there is none, well atleast not in the way that people would perhaps 'like' it to be....

I think we do but its selective

Suhail wrote:

and i think that is for the best as if provided as an absolute right, there's no doubt in the fact, people would firstly abuse it without any sanctions upon their words, and secondly it would ultimately end in furious disputes (NO GOOD WOULD COME FROM IT!!) ....freedom of speech as a limited right strikes the right balance IMO.

I can't argue with that but just by saying that homosexuality is wrong should not be considered offensive we're not using bad language or harming them

Suhail wrote:

why? do you think it should be an absolute right...

Because we as a country go around the world helping the world get rid of dictators because they don't give people freedom

Suhail wrote:

and if so would you voice opinions that you perhaps can't openly express now...?

I wouldn’t be rude or offensive but I would say I don't agree with homosexuality and same sex marriages

laila wrote:

Lollywood gays are a minority, we must protect the minority, we are not bullies

Who's harming them?

laila wrote:

You don't like the gay act, I don't but thankfully we don't need to know about it to know that most of them despise themselves

Do they despise themselves?

laila wrote:

and if a few or even a lot say they are proud then let them and leave them alone.

So they have the right to be proud and I don't even have the right to voice my opinion ?

laila wrote:

There's a lot of stuff going on in society, a lot of abuse and hurt and major corruption and the world is being enslaved and we're still prattling on about gays!

That's because the gov want as to focus on little issue's like the fuel strike

lollywood wrote:

Because we as a country go around the world helping the world get rid of dictators because they don't give people freedom

My middle class, White, male sociology teacher told me "we as a country" do not go into other countries to help.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:

My middle class, White , male sociology teacher told me "we as a country" do not go into other countries to help.

At least that’s what we make out and the rest of the world goes along with it

lollywood wrote:

If people discriminate use racist or offensive language then that should nor be tolerated

Erm, what if homophobia IS offensive language?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

If the original ad was offensive, then so is this one.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Sorry
Then ban the Bible, Torah, and Quran

lollywood wrote:

Sorry

how is Quran so?

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:

how is Quran so?

Look

Homosexual relations are a crime and face punishment in some Islamic countries such as Saudi Arabia, or Islamic Republics such as Iran. The death penalty is currently in place in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Mauritania, northern Nigeria, Sudan, and Yemen.

It formerly carried the death penalty in Afghanistan under the Taliban, but subsequently has changed from a capital crime to one that is punished with fines and a prison sentence.

So gay night clubs should come with a health warning like cigarette packets?
By the way cigarettes are decreed as haram by saudi government

did i say i believe homosexuality should be allowed? no i didnt. its a sin. that's that buddy.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

laila wrote:
So gay night clubs should come with a health warning like cigarette packets?
By the way cigarettes are decreed as haram by saudi government

They should all be shutdown

lollywood wrote:

Sorry

I wasn't making a statement, simply pointing out your blatant hypocrisy. You can't have double standards like 'There should be freedom of speech for my opinion irrespective of offense, but if other people offend me, they should be punished'.

You either accept that total freedom of speech doesn't work, and no one should offend anybody, or let EVERYbody say what they want, not just you.

I wasn't making a statement, simply pointing out your blatant hypocrisy. You can't have double standards like 'There should be freedom of speech for my opinion irrespective of offense, but if other people offend me, they should be punished'.

That's whats' happened here
They got their way and that advert they wanted to show was allowed to go ahead as you can see, why not the other one?

Why can't both parties have their say?

You either accept that total freedom of speech doesn't work, and no one should offend anybody, or let EVERYbody say what they want, not just you.

It’s a difficult one to answer

Freedom comes with responsibility the first bus is making a pro gay statement cos they're glad to be gay, the other one christian one is making an anti gay statement they're gad they're no longer gay. One is a positive statement the other is negative, the second is negative because they are actually saying up yours to gay people, whilst the others are saying leave us alone. The pro gay one wins because they're just defending themselves, the second one loses and thus was withdrawn because it is attacking someone - the gays

So you see you can say what you want as long as you are not offending or attacking someone, it's not complicated at all

No they're not.

I disagree with that analysis.

Its been fed too much into the public psyche that it is wrong to think that homosexuality is not permanent or a bad thing and criticism of the banned campaign seems to be coming off that instead of it actually genuinely being offensive.

laila wrote:
Freedom comes with responsibility the first bus is making a pro gay statement cos they're glad to be gay,

And they've got what they want

laila wrote:

the other one christian one is making an anti gay statement they're gad they're no longer gay. One is a positive statement the other is negative, the second is negative because they are actually saying up yours to gay people,

It’s not saying that, its saying get over being gay because its not a normal thing

laila wrote:

whilst the others are saying leave us alone. The pro gay one wins because they're just defending themselves,

Now that this bus has gone on the road can't the anti-gay one defend itself by also going on the road?

laila wrote:

the second one loses and thus was withdrawn because it is attacking someone - the gays

I don't think its attacking

laila wrote:

So you see you can say what you want as long as you are not offending or attacking someone, it's not complicated at all

Or just pretend to have freedom of speech so the rest of the world can look up to you

Pages