Status of the Prophet of Islam (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam)

105 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Admin" wrote:
"Med" wrote:
saying Glory be to ALLAH and Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam in sajdah is shirk.

Prostrating before anything other than ALLAH is shirk.

It is haraam.

If the intention is to worship someone apart from Allah (saw), then it is shirk.

so by you admin if someone prostrates to a saint or grave as a token of showing respect then thats not shirk but haraam ?

prostration is for ALLAH only.

"Angel" wrote:
I have a feeling e20 is none other than judda budda we knw how much he loves numbers!

yes it was Lol

i used sis e-mail account hoping i cud get away with it but admin cought me out straight away :twisted: i also signed her up as 786 and gave her work e-mail address (she was not impressed) :?

all my user names have had numbers in them i.e. 2, 7, 999, 911, etc etc etc

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

No PM?

Not even a "Hey, it's me Judda, just wanted to let you know i'm OKAY and I will be back soon"

Where's the love?

"Andoverpolo" wrote:
No PM?

Not even a "Hey, it's me Judda, just wanted to let you know i'm OKAY and I will be back soon"

Where's the love?

u sed u dont take me seriously Sad

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"naj" wrote:

so by you admin if someone prostrates to a saint or grave as a token of showing respect then thats not shirk but haraam ?

prostration is for ALLAH only.

Sajda with intention of worship is Shirk and Sajda with intention of respect is haraam for the ummat of the Holy Prophet (saw).

In the past prostration of respect was allowed. The angels and jinns were commanded to bow down to Prophet Adam (AS)…Did Allah (swt) order them to commit shirk?

The brothers of Prophet Yusuf (AS) all fell down in Sajda in front of him because they were ashamed of their actions…Did Prophet Yusuf (AS) order them to commit shirk?

If you reject the concept of "Sajda of respect" then according to your understanding the brothers of Prophet Yusuf (AS) and the angels were ordered to commit shirk

Its still allowed. Sufis dont ban it.

"Omrow" wrote:
Its still allowed. Sufis dont ban it.

What is?

Bowing down? Or a Sajda when all eight parts of the body touch the floor?

Both. Sufis have allowed it as long intention is to honour.

"Omrow" wrote:
Both. Sufis have allowed it as long intention is to honour.

Omrow..come off it.

The latter is clearly forbidden by the Holy Prophet (saw).

Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Omrow..come off it.

I am off it. Unlike you, I gave it up long ago.

Its you who are still binging on it.

Anyway, It is not clearly forbidden. Prophet's own disciples used to do it.

Its only one single weak Tradition which is often used by stupid Salafis to support their silly illogical arguments.

Prophet told us: That which is permitted is clear; and that which is prohibited is clear.

Clear. Its CLEAR !!

God !!

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:

Prophet's own disciples used to do it.

To whom?

Salam

You come off it now.

Who do you think !!

The Prophet ofcourse.

When the God's Holy Messenger is right in front of you, are you going to look at anyone else ?

Omrow

They used to bow to Him (saw). They never prostrated to Him (saw).

He Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) was far to humble to allow that..also he had clearly forbade it.

Don't you start that one again. Semantics is not for women.

"Omrow" wrote:
Don't you start that one again. Semantics is not for women.

okay, prove it Omrow.

Also I don't think Muslim sister is using just her own (non masculine) understanding here.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

You can only prostrate to Allah (swt) It is haraam to prostrate to anything else.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Its not. Thats just your opinion.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
If you reject the concept of "Sajda of respect" then according to your understanding the brothers of Prophet Yusuf (AS) and the angels were ordered to commit shirk

not believing in sajda of respect does not mean im saying that when the angels prostrated to adam alahi salaam or when hadhrat jacob alahi salaam prostrated to prophet joseph alahi salaam they comitted shirk..

it was permissable according to the laws which were prevalant during the period of hadhrat adam alahi salaam...

now prostrating to anything but ALLAH confirms ones shirk and thoroughly deprives him of faith.

Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Who do you prostrate to Omrow?

I prostrate before my mum, twice a year.

And I KNOW that my act DOES NOT displease God in any way.

Omrow

"naj" wrote:

now prostrating to anything but ALLAH confirms ones shirk and thoroughly deprives him of faith.

I disagree.

Actions are judged on intention. And ones intention is a hidden act.

You can never be sure if someone if prostrating to a pious person/grave or whatever with the intention of worship or respect.

Therefore it makes sense to think twice before shouting Shirk.

Shirk is a serious accusation.

"Omrow" wrote:

I prostrate before my mum, twice a year.

Do all eight parts of your body touch the floor?

Salam

There is only one type of prostration: That which was done by Gabriel to Adam.

I do that same prostration to my mother.

Omrow

"MuslimSister" wrote:

You can never be sure if someone if prostrating to a pious person/grave or whatever with the intention of worship or respect.

so if someone prostrates to a prophet,saint,ghost,jinn,fairy,graves with no intention of worship then its ok??

i dont understand....as far as im concerned whether its only paying respect or whateva...it implies paying ones respect to an entity other than ALLAH in a manner (the prostration) which is perscribed for ALLAH alone.

"naj" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

so if someone prostrates to a prophet,saint,ghost,jinn,fairy,graves with no intention of worship then its ok??

I never said its OK. I said sajda with the intention of respect is HARAAM for the Ummah of the Holy Prophet (saw).

Its not Shirk. There is a huge difference between something being haraam and something being Shirk.

Sajda with intention of worship is shirk.

And Shirk is unforgivable.

"MuslimSister" wrote:

I never said its OK. I said sajda with the intention of respect is HARAAM for the Ummah of the Holy Prophet (saw). .

oh sorry...

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Its not Shirk. .

we disagree Smile

The sajdah of the malaaikah and of the family of Nabi Yusuf alayhis salaam was permitted and the rules for previous nations and creations does not apply on us.

The sajdah today, be it respect or worship or custom is pure unadulterated polytheism.

If a person doubts on this then what is left of imaan and kufr?

By this token, the more educated hindus who bow down to their idols are not committing shirk. They say just as the 99 names of ALLAH are acceptable for us muslims and tell us about His Ta'ala different qualities, so their stories of Ram/Sita, Krishna/Radha, Ravan/Kali/Ganesh are stories to help understand the different aspects of the ONE GOD- ISHWAR.

They bow to the idols not because the idols are God but because it helps conecntrate on God and is something to focus on. Hence the hindus who believe in this also are not committing shirk.

To ALLAH do we belong and to Him is our return.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

How can shirk change over time?

something thast was allowed, but is now banned is ahraam, not shirk.

Otherwise you are saying that shirk was allowed at one time.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Pages