UK riots blamed on poor famlies

they simply blame the riots on poor black families...

Riot report reveals '500,000 forgotten families'

A lack of support and opportunity for young people contributed to the outbreak of riots in England last summer, an independent report says.

The Riots, Communities and Victims Panel, set up last year, highlights "500,000 forgotten families".

Poor parenting, an inability to prevent reoffending, and a lack of confidence in the police were also cited.

Schools which fail to teach pupils to read and write should be fined, it said.

The report is just one of several investigating the causes of the riots - which spread after the death of Mark Duggan in Tottenham on 4 August.

The panel published its interim report last November which said the initial riots had been triggered by the police's handling of Mr Duggan's death.

Famliy of Mark suspect police are hiding something.

Police not be trusted to tell the truth about killing of Mar Duggan.

Duggan family's 'breakdown in confidence' in IPCC

"The problem for the family is a complete breakdown in confidence for this investigation”,
Michael Mansfield QC. He said "from the beginning there has been misinformation, a lack of information" from the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC).
Mr Duggan, 29, was killed by armed officers in north London on 4 August.
The IPCC admitted making a "mistake" by saying Mr Duggan had fired at officers

Police dont want investigation of the killing of Mark Duggan.

why are they hiding something about the killing.

London police block inquiry into Mark Duggan's death

A complete inquiry may never be held into the death of black man Mark Duggan, whose death at the hands of police triggered worst unrest in the UK in a generation last summer. The family of the 29-year-old accused the authorities of withholding information around his death.

malik wrote:
they simply blame the riots on poor black families...

I heard the other day that a young madam whose father is a millionaire was also caught looting, after hearing that could we say that this was about poverty? How does one define poverty in this country?

True poverty is in some parts of Africa where children go hungry for days, they don’t have clean water to drink warm cloths to wear, here poor means not havin the latest I Phone 4S model or a flat screen HD TV the kids feel left out so they find a reason in this case it was the shooting and they go out and steal TV’s phones sports clothing and put them in branded bags like they’ve legitimately bought the things, the police were just standing there and watching it all happen – If it was abut poverty then they would have only looted food shops, I can guarantee that no book shop like whsmith was not looted because they probably couldn’t read or were not interested in books

I feel that Brittan for far too long has just thrown money at every problem and hoped that it would go away, A few days ago they should a women looting on tv and the reporter asked why are you doing this and she said I’m getting my taxes back

My English is not very good