What do we do when confronted with this?!!

Hello

I recently came across this clip:

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5rK1D2FGE4]

I got it from the BNP Facebook group which is pretty insane. What really got to me was that you hear about people spreading Islamaphobia and the Ummah being portrayed in such a bad light (due to stupid and ignorant people accepting rubbish) but not actually realising how powerful it was. After actually watching the clip and seeing how powerful it is I realised that people who went muslims and don't know any muslims will fall into the trap of hating us and that people need to start being educated and the points that they have argued in this clip need to be countered with backed up facts and credible sources. I thought by putting it up here it would:

a) make other people who didn't realise that Islamaphobia and extreme hatred is that bad realise that it is ,
b) generate some counter arguments to the points made on the clip,
c) show that by declaring that you are a muslim you must behave like a muslims and not promote extremism and hatred as that gives groups against us reasons to hate us.

Sorry for the essay but please give your thoughts as so many young muslims like myself don't know what to say to most of these points...

Here is the thing though: some troops in Iraq and Afghanistan have done exactly what the protesters suggested.

Most of the trials of such individuals on both sides of the atlantic have been white washes clearing people of all crimes, clearing the hierarchy and sometimes suggesting that it was one bad apple.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Here is the thing though: some troops in Iraq and Afghanistan have done exactly what the protesters suggested.

Most of the trials of such individuals on both sides of the atlantic have been white washes clearing people of all crimes, clearing the hierarchy and sometimes suggesting that it was one bad apple.

Sorry I don't really understand what you mean. Are you talking about the EDL protesters or Muslim protesters? And also do you mind expanding your second point about white washing.

Thank You Biggrin

I meant the first few seconds of that clip with the muslim extremists.

They were wrong in how they went about it, but at its core there was a truth.

Just because its british troops it shouldnt be ignored and washed over in order to let others live in fantasy land.

There was real abuse and murder carried out in both Afghanistan and Iraq, always covered up and when some of it was exposed, they found scapegoats that often got acquitted or lenient sentences instead of admitting and fixing the truth.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I understand your point Op, because it's awful to think that those people who have never actually come across Muslims to think that all Muslims like wearing black, are abusive and are terrorists.
And then I always think about what I would say to these people (if I came across someone with views like that). I think I'd just want to explain that actually it's only a very tiny tiny minority of Muslims who act like that, and probably just need to grow up, look around, open their eyes and see the state that they're in. True Muslims follow the Sunnah of Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) who was the most kind, compassionate of all creation. We need to adopt the Sunnah to show the real nature of Muslims.

Death is the end of time. Not the end of Life.

Smile Biggrin

Reminds me of what I saw on the bus one day. This old woman (about 60) in a hijab came on, she was white but seemed Muslim. She was aggressive to the driver (unnecessarily) and told him that she could read and that she wasn't a "stupid P***". She later told him that he needed training with his "f***ing manners".
The racial comment is what struck me as odd, since if she is a revert or even white then she should know Islam's position on racism, it's one of the basic things you know.
I don't know maybe she's genuinely ignorant or she was trying to bring Muslims into shame by her behaviour.
What's sad is that most people on the bus would have thought of her as Muslim!

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

The Lamp wrote:

The racial comment is what struck me as odd, since if she is a revert or even white then she should know Islam's position on racism, it's one of the basic things you know.
I don't know maybe she's genuinely ignorant or she was trying to bring Muslims into shame by her behaviour.
What's sad is that most people on the bus would have thought of her as Muslim!

This is the problem. I think that a lot of cause is because there is a lot of silly and really thoughtless individuals and groups who have painted Islam in a really bad way to the extent that people think that we all crazy psychos who have bomb material in our house.
A question to you all: How do you defend Sharia law? Because though not all of it bad and I know that its just and fits into the context in which it was first introduced, hwta do you say to people who say stuff like ' how can you defend a religion who can stone a woman to death?' or ' can cut peoples hands off for petty crimes?'

Good question(s). You can challenge what they think is Sharia and what Islam really teaches. You could also brush up on your own knowledge.
Islam doesn't say that only women can be stoned- in cases of adultery, which is proven by FOUR ultra-reliable witnesses, and with no remorse, the punishment was used in the time of the Prophet, who would always prefer mercy. Even then it is argued that it was abolished.
The verse that talks about cutting off of the hand only applies to stealing out of pure and malicious greed, and never out of hunger or desperation. The verse after explicitly orders mercy if the "thief" repents and does good deeds. The threat of the punishment was enough to deter most people, who were given a chance to repent, therefore encouraging them to rehabilitate themselves.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi